ADVERTISEMENT

Some of you may remember the poster NittanyWalt.

demlion

Feb 4, 2004
Sadly, I am informed this morning that he passed yesterday after a long fight with esophageal/gastric cancer. When first diagnosed in 2013 he was given 6 months to live, but he was way too tough for that nonsense. He was a devoted PennStater who was so angry about the BoT that he never again attended a PSU football game, though he had had season tickets for many years.

They broke his heart.

He was a County Commissioner in a nearby county. If there was an ideological/political concept upon which we agreed I certainly never found it, but he knew of my work at Rally for Resignations and was always very supportive of it and me. It is a big loss for me, but PSU had already lost him. Unlike some of us who have reliably responded with anger, Walt was truly anguished and saddened. He moved past anger to the stages of grief for his alma mater.

Just a note to remind you that another good one is gone. Another person who was hurt by this group of idiots will not get to chuckle with us about their downfall. He is probably explaining this bullshit to St. Peter right about now, and asking where he might find Joe Paterno and a small glass of room temperature bourbon. Hey Pete: give him the whole bottle, and let him share some with Joe.

Last edited:
Sadly, I am informed this morning that he passed yesterday after a long fight with esophageal/gastric cancer. When first diagnosed in 2013 he was given 6 months to live, but he was way too tough for that nonsense. He was a devoted PennStater who was so angry about the BoT that he never again attended a PSU football game, though he had had season tickets for many years.

They broke his heart.

He was a County Commissioner in a nearby county. If there was an ideological/political concept upon which we agreed I certainly never found it, but he knew of my work at Rally for Resignations and was always very supportive of it and me. It is a big loss for me, but PSU had already lost him. Unlike some of us who have reliably responded with anger, Walt was truly anguished and saddened. He moved past anger to the stages of grief for his alma mater.

Just a note to remind you that another good one is gone. Another person who was hurt by this group of idiots will not get to chuckle with us about their downfall. He is probably explaining this bullshit to St. Peter right about now, and asking where he might find Joe Paterno and a small glass of room temperature bourbon. Hey Pete: give him the whole bottle, and let him share some with Joe.

Hadn't seen you post in awhile, and wasn't expecting this. Beautifully written, and RIP Walt.

I have similar fears for some members of my family, frankly.

They broke his heart.

Nicely stated dem. My condolences go out to his family. May he rest in peace.

Reactions: 91Joe95

They broke his heart.

Thanks for this demlion. RIP Walt

Demlion, based on your "handle" I can see why you and walt may have had many a poilitcal disagreements lol. Walt is/was a great guy. Went to a few games with him back in the day. Life cut short but, I believe, an otherwise full life. RIP Walt

I wish I could have spent some time trying to market the understanding to Walt that we are Penn State and they are not. It is something I truly believe in and I know most of you here feel the same way. The BOT doesn't exist to me! They certainly are not Penn State.

They broke his heart.

OK so no one else mentioned it, but I was heartened by the second half of that statement. If I misinterpreted it, please do not correct my encouraged state of mind :)

I'm sad to learn of his passing.

I believe his last post on this board was THIS.

Walt had THIS to say about demlion when dem was running for the BOT.

I greatly enjoyed his contributions in this thread about the 1982 PSU - Nebraska game.

Walt had THIS to say about Michael Felli back in 2015. His comments would have been an appropriate response to what Felli posted yesterday.

Perhaps most fitting are these comments he had in response to fairgambit, in a thread about President Barron.

Walt's posts were not lengthy, but he usually conveyed a great deal in his words. The board community is reduced by his passing. My condolences are extended to Walt's family and to his friends.

They broke his heart.

Thank you for the sad update.

RIP Walt

Rip Walt. I have nothing to offer your loved ones to make the pain go away, but make no mistake I will see to it your beloved Penn State is rightfully returned to us.

We will not forget, and I will not give up.

Condolences and prayers for the family.

RIP Nittanywalt

They broke his heart.

RIP Walt!

ADVERTISEMENT