ADVERTISEMENT

Some closing thoughts

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
I started the Plotit message board in 1995 or 1996 (can't remember which). I moved my Plotit board to BWI's site in 2001.

I never imagined how many people would find the board, would post on the board, and would become regulars on the board. The growth was more than I ever imagined.

I've had a number of monitors assist me over the years. I thank all of them for their assistance. Collectively, they made this a great place where members of the PSU community could engage with kindred spirits.

I do apologize that I wasn't able to do more in terms of celebrating the past 20 years on this site over the last few weeks. In part, it was due to my schedule getting really busy. Oh well, each of us is left to remember the good times in our own unique way. I did enjoy many of the memories, special stories, etc. that some of you posted in recent weeks.

While running a board this size is often a lot of work (which did frustrate my family at times), I enjoyed interacting with most of you on a daily basis. I take some pride in the standards I set for the board, and in the example that I tried to set in my posts. That said, it is the board community as a whole that deserves the bulk of the credit. You guys (and gals) made the board what it became.

As I've indicated, and most have figured out, BWI is moving to another platform. I'm moving with them. That's about all I can, and will, say about that. A quick search should enable you to fill in the rest of the details.

I've never put down another PSU site, or the folks that run such sites. Rivals does have someone else set to run their PSU site, and I wish him and his team the best. I think I have a good relationship with him. I won't be posting on this site in the immediate future, and perhaps I never will again. However, he's indicated that he's open to it, so we'll see how things evolve.

After nearly 57,000 posts, and over 40,000 likes, and a board with 1750 pages (and that only includes posts since the board software was switched by Rivals), it's time to bid adieu to what has been a big part of my life.

I wish each of you the best in your respective lives. Hopefully, either on another PSU forum, or in person, we'll interact in the future.

Thanks again to all of you; it's been a blast.

We Are ...

... Penn State!!!

I started the Plotit message board in 1995 or 1996 (can't remember which). I moved my Plotit board to BWI's site in 2001.

I never imagined how many people would find the board, would post on the board, and would become regulars on the board. The growth was more than I ever imagined.

I've had a number of monitors assist me over the years. I thank all of them for their assistance. Collectively, they made this a great place where members of the PSU community could engage with kindred spirits.

I do apologize that I wasn't able to do more in terms of celebrating the past 20 years on this site over the last few weeks. In part, it was due to my schedule getting really busy. Oh well, each of us is left to remember the good times in our own unique way. I did enjoy many of the memories, special stories, etc. that some of you posted in recent weeks.

While running a board this size is often a lot of work (which did frustrate my family at times), I enjoyed interacting with most of you on a daily basis. I take some pride in the standards I set for the board, and in the example that I tried to set in my posts. That said, it is the board community as a whole that deserves the bulk of the credit. You guys (and gals) made the board what it became.

As I've indicated, and most have figured out, BWI is moving to another platform. I'm moving with them. That's about all I can, and will, say about that. A quick search should enable you to fill in the rest of the details.

I've never put down another PSU site, or the folks that run such sites. Rivals does have someone else set to run their PSU site, and I wish him and his team the best. I think I have a good relationship with him. I won't be posting on this site in the immediate future, and perhaps I never will again. However, he's indicated that he's open to it, so we'll see how things evolve.

After nearly 57,000 posts, and over 40,000 likes, and a board with 1750 pages (and that only includes posts since the board software was switched by Rivals), it's time to bid adieu to what has been a big part of my life.

I wish each of you the best in your respective lives. Hopefully, either on another PSU forum, or in person, we'll interact in the future.

We Are ...

... Penn State!!!
Thanks Tom, you are class act! See you on the other side! Geez, that sounds like a religious experience. You’ll have to come over someday. You’ll not recognize the house since I retired there. White with blue metal roof. Let me know when you are in town.

Thanks Tom for all you've done to make this Board the success it has been and for saving us all from severe withdrawal side effects by making sure we have a new home...the 3rd generation of the McAndrew Board.

2f95d3fe-13e7-4220-84b1-9c12d760f233_950x535.jpeg

We Are ...

... Penn State!!!
Thanks Tom, your board was a pleasure
Im probably too old and too dumb to move so wish u the best at your new place
We Are

We Are ...

... Penn State!!!
Thank you Tom! Been here since the Austin Nit days. It’s been an informative and humorous blast! See you in the next board life.

Thanks Tom! Thank your family for allowing you to share to much time with us all. Back when the Sandusky Scandal broke I think you were literally on this boards 24 hours a day for weeks ... Thank You again and I will see you over on the news digs ... As the Jeffersons said ... we are moving on up to the east side ...

Reactions: TheGLOV

We Are ...

... Penn State!!!
Thank you for all the years of your excellent board, Tom!

Reactions: TheGLOV
Thanks Tom. Hard to believe but I was on original plotit board as a recent grad back in 96. I can't thank you enough for providing a real community for PSU fans. My favorite memories were excitement of '96 season and Enis being so dominant. Learned to appreciate recruiting news during '96-97 with Lavar and Ron Graham. The great start in 1997 with #1 ranking. The world was our oyster, spoiled by 94 - 95 season. Question was when we would win NC not if. Also learned hard lessons about how quickly things can change. We never got there but learned so much along way from you and great folks on plotit and BWI rivals. Best of luck.

As someone who has been there from the start

We Are ...

... Penn State!!!
As someone who has been there from the start on plotit... thank you, Tom! Fantastic job!! Now, good luck to you as your life moves forward.

I met Tom once when I was some soph/junior year and yes I was intoxicated. I didn't know it was him until a girl with me said it was "the guy's website you are always on".

Then I was like thinking I thought he would be a prick but nicest encounter you could hope for. Onward and Upward.

This is not meant as an attack on Tom by any means, but I still remember him being so cryptic about stuff coming out during the Sandusky scandal. It was always "I can't share right now, but it's coming."

Well it never really did....kind of disappointing being I still don't believe half of what was put out there publicly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT