ADVERTISEMENT

So who's going to be your Alliance of America football team?

Gnat91

Dec 28, 2016
Jacksonville FL.
San Antonio was just picked as the last market. All the teams seem to be from the southeast or southwest or just south with the exception of Salt Lake city.
Living in Florida I guess I'm going with Orlando.. If the league is any good at least I'll be able to get to a couple games.

It seems they’ve written off 2/3rds of the country. No team is north of the Mississippi/ Tennessee border region except for Salt Lake City. Honestly, I’ll be shocked if the league survives 2-3 years.

EDIT- Cities with teams- Atlanta, Birmingham, Memphis, Orlando, Phoenix, San Diego, Salt Lake City.

Last edited:
It seems they’ve written off 2/3rds of the country. No team is north of the Mississippi/ Tennessee border region except for Salt Lake City. Honestly, I’ll be shocked if the league survives 2-3 years.

EDIT- Cities with teams- Atlanta, Birmingham, Memphis, Orlando, Phoenix, San Diego, Salt Lake City.
Cuts down on travel costs some. There's a reason most major pro sports were once regional.

Maybe they’re down south to eventually be the NFL minor leagues so many of the Southern boys no longer have to pretend to be college students

Reactions: jim cummings
Yeah weird no northern teams.

Wonder if they reached an agreement with Vince McMahon to have XFL take the northern cities...maybe eventually have their own Bowl where the champion from each of their leagues play one another.

Anyone remember why the USFL died? They did OK playing in the spring and then some numb nut owner insisted they compete with the NFL in the fall. I wonder whatever happened to that guy?
giphy.gif

azgrm.gif

giphy.gif

The reality is that they wer
Anyone remember why the USFL died? They did OK playing in the spring and then some numb nut owner insisted they compete with the NFL in the fall. I wonder whatever happened to that guy?
The reality is that they were *not* doing that well, though some teams were ok. The move to the fall was a last gasp. That and the law suit.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say ... weather?

ADVERTISEMENT