ADVERTISEMENT

So who will Cael choose?

Can you cite the NCAA rule that was broken by the PSU football program. Hint, the NCAA could not either. PSU football was penalized because PSU voluntarily did it, NCAA was more than happy to jump on the PR express. NCAA looks really good right now considering what we have learned about Mark Emmert's knowledge about the abuses at MSU. Notice, NCAA has not looked at Baylor, another hint for you, crime does not fall under the NCAA's jurisdiction.

There ya go, trying to use logic.... you can throw in that actual current NCAA policy now is to do exactly what JoePa did.

There ya go, trying to use logic.... you can throw in that actual current NCAA policy now is to do exactly what JoePa did.
NCAA policy may be to do what Joe did, but today Pennsylvania state law would demand Joe, Shultz, Curly and Spanier report the suspected abuse directly.
There is a child welfare portal they can use or call childline 1-800-932-0313.

Reactions: nerfstate
If Rasheed is choosen....who is coming in to replace him in a year....is Beard a 197 or 184 pounder and do we have a 184 pounder after bo graduates.

If Rasheed is choosen....who is coming in to replace him in a year....is Beard a 197 or 184 pounder and do we have a 184 pounder after bo graduates.
Both Beard and Brooks could go either 184 or 197. Beard is grayshirting next year and Brooks will be at the OTC. Both are good enough to wrestle as true freshmen or could then redshirt as well. Always the possibility of Cassar being at 197 in 2020. Lots of options.

Reactions: PSU James
NCAA policy may be to do what Joe did, but today Pennsylvania state law would demand Joe, Shultz, Curly and Spanier report the suspected abuse directly.

I really dont want to continue this, since it has been discussed to death, but if they didn’t it would be a legal matter, not a NCAA, just like Lyons said, point out a NCAA rule deserving punishment.

I thought we had finally found a “reasonable” RU fan... and I really enjoyed his posts. Unfortunately, he is a closet Abro...

I really dont want to continue this, since it has been discussed to death, but if they didn’t it would be a legal matter, not a NCAA, just like Lyons said, point out a NCAA rule deserving punishment.
I agree it was none of the NCAA's business. I was just pointing out PA now has mandated reporters and a system in place to report suspected abuse.
The whole freaking mess forced the entire state to take a look in the mirror and self evaluate.
What we have is not perfect, but it is vastly improved.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
The safe call is whoever wins the wrestle off. If you choose the other wrestler and he doesn't do well at nationals, you have just opened up a can of worms. If you choose the wrestler who wins wrestle offs and they have a bad tournament, you can always say "they won the spot". Also, if you were on the team and win the spot and you still don't start, you'd be thinking "what else do I have to do?". Don't know what the staff will do but the safe call is the winner of the wrestle off.

Reactions: Lyons212
The safe call is whoever wins the wrestle off. If you choose the other wrestler and he doesn't do well at nationals, you have just opened up a can of worms. If you choose the wrestler who wins wrestle offs and they have a bad tournament, you can always say "they won the spot". Also, if you were on the team and win the spot and you still don't start, you'd be thinking "what else do I have to do?". Don't know what the staff will do but the safe call is the winner of the wrestle off.
Agreed... and that is what Cael said his plan was... time will tell!

Possible, but Cassar struggles getting out from bottom with much less talented riders.

Cassar struggled to get out from bottom in one match at the beginning of the season.

And I wouldn't call Shak a talented rider. He is very dangerous on top and a threat for back points, but guys escape from him (if he doesn't turn them).

Cassar struggled to get out from bottom in one match at the beginning of the season.

And I wouldn't call Shak a talented rider. He is very dangerous on top and a threat for back points, but guys escape from him (if he doesn't turn them).

Dice is it fair to say he's pinned so quickly in many cases we haven't gotten a good sense for how effective a rider he is/can be?

I would think if someone has 3 mins of riding time against a top 10 ranked opponent, they are an above average rider.

I would think if someone has 3 mins of riding time against a top 10 ranked opponent, they are an above average rider.
-- Extremely small sample size
-- Guys improve
-- Cassar 7-1 in Riding Time Points Earned vs Riding Time Points Given up...just duals

Seems it was an anomaly, not likely to be repeated with Mr. Hoffman, from the 2nd bout of the season for Anthony.

-- Guys improve
-- Cassar 7-1 in Riding Time Points Earned vs Riding Time Points Given up...just duals

Seems it was an anomaly, not likely to be repeated with Mr. Hoffman, from the 2nd bout of the season for Anthony.
Well Roar..it's a small sample size because of his pin%, that has to count for something right?

The winner of the most recent wrestle-off will be the guy
Yeah, I think that you can come up with all kinds of strategies, but if both of them are capable of winning matches and scoring points, then you have to let them wrestle off to determine who is going to be the guy in the Big Ten and NCAA tournaments. If you were judging between two lesser options, you could take the strategy of choosing the less consistent guy who could get bonus points or the more consistent guy who would advance further, as opposed to just letting them wrestle off.

I agree it was none of the NCAA's business. I was just pointing out PA now has mandated reporters and a system in place to report suspected abuse.
The whole freaking mess forced the entire state to take a look in the mirror and self evaluate.
What we have is not perfect, but it is vastly improved.

Right - the State did everything it could do avoid accountability and instead blame it on the "dead football coach". The state had four decades of oversight of the Sandusky charity, approved five adoptions, oversaw several foster children placed with Sandusky and investigated allegations regarding interaction with the kids and yet it was the fault of Paterno who did exactly what he should have done at the time.

Just having your name on the child line registry does not prevent you from working with children........unless these rules have also been changed. The lady who shook my son almost to death kept watching kids......despite being listed on the registry.

-- Guys improve

Well Roar..it's a small sample size because of his pin%, that has to count for something right?
Mr. Hoffman is 9-6, and it looks like he's only had one other victory where he's earned a RT point against anyone inside the top-50. Not sure that classifies as an above average rider.

AC has wrestled in 9 duals, and in 7 of those he earned a RT point, including one against the #1 kid in the country. He did give up the point against Hoffman, which just my opinion, was about more than Hoffman's riding ability. Best evidence, of course, would be a rematch...but that's not happening.

Mr. Hoffman is 9-6, and it looks like he's only had one other victory where he's earned a RT point against anyone inside the top-50. Not sure that classifies as an above average rider.

AC has wrestled in 9 duals, and in 7 of those he earned a RT point, including one against the #1 kid in the country. He did give up the point against Hoffman, which just my opinion, was about more than Hoffman's riding ability. Best evidence, of course, would be a rematch...but that's not happening.
No Roar, I was referring to Shak as being an above average rider.

Just having your name on the child line registry does not prevent you from working with children........unless these rules have also been changed. The lady who shook my son almost to death kept watching kids......despite being listed on the registry.
That's horrible Strath. How can this happen?

hey, the big/ncaa helps out PSU too. Pretty sure your football program deserved the death penalty. Except $ > *

@BanjoSaysWoof -- it appears that the board community responded appropriately to your post.

Just in case you didn't get the message, I'll make it crystal clear: should you post along those lines again, then you will no longer be posting on this board.

Cassar dominated the #1 guy in the country, so with him, I think it's what have you done lately (forget the Hoffman match). But I think is the wrestle-off(s) was/were decisive in Shak's favor, I mean that's the beauty of wrestling, you want the spot win the spot. Brutal decision for Cael. Would have liked to have seen Shak against tOSU or Haught. But he's almost toyed with some really good guys. Brutal. I'm backing whoever Cael picks without second guessing if something goes awry.

Reactions: GOLDBANGER

That’s wrong

Today MM would be required to report directly to Childline
Do not pass go do not collect $200

Meaning going to ANYONE else else before he reports would land him in a whole lotta trouble

In today’s environment Joe would not even be involved one iota

Although the OP was right in indicating that if any type of incident did get reported to any coach the NCAAs deplane would be to do what Joe did

That's horrible Strath. How can this happen?
Can’t answer without wading into politics. Good people just have to keep fighting. My son was shaken in 1999 so things may have changed......a lot of good things have been put in place. Almost all hospitals in PA show some child abuse videos where SRATH family is featured to new parents. Hershey has been instrumental in driving change.

Are you keeping this data on your own?

jrd23psu said:

"Or Shak had three takedowns and an escape and Cassar had 4 escapes."

If Shak had three more takedowns than Moore had on Cassar I don't think Tan Tom want his guy facing either ;)

No way he gets the green light here.

But I would love his thoughts on Teasdale

What do you mean “green light here?” I was just looking to see how Jason was coming along in his rehab. I wasn’t even considering Jason to wrestle tomorrow if that’s what you meant?

Just like it did for Dr. Dranov and McCreary's old man?

Cassar dominated the #1 guy in the country, so with him, I think it's what have you done lately (forget the Hoffman match). But I think is the wrestle-off(s) was/were decisive in Shak's favor, I mean that's the beauty of wrestling, you want the spot win the spot. Brutal decision for Cael. Would have liked to have seen Shak against tOSU or Haught. But he's almost toyed with some really good guys. Brutal. I'm backing whoever Cael picks without second guessing if something goes awry.

TangSoo you are a wise man (or woman, or person, or one of those crazy new pronouns).

ADVERTISEMENT