ADVERTISEMENT

So what will be the toughest weight this season?

NittanyChris

Dec 3, 2001
Of course, no weight is easy, but some are tougher than others. Just to start off the conversation, I think it's between 33, 65, 74 and HW. Now that is not narrowing it down too much, I know. But...some thoughts:

33: The argument here is the excellence of the top 4 in RBY, Fix, SeaBass and ADS. The counter argument is it falls off rather suddenly after those 4.

65: Absolutely stacked both at the top with Griffith, Marinelli, Wick, Wentzel but also with depth and 2 extremely talented youngsters in O'Toole and Karchla who could shake things up.

74: Brutal weight. Defending champ Starocci not only has Kemerer to deal iwith, but has 2 freaking studs in Lewis and H Hidlay moving up. The counter argument is it's not as deep as others. I'm not hugely impressed by Labriola, Massa is very good but always just shy of great and Ethan Smith is scrappy but not sensational.

HW: Despite the winner in Gable being practically a foregone conclusion, it has to be in the conversation because of the all-time quality at the top. With Parris, Cassioppi, Schultz and a healthy Kerkvliet returning, when has HW been this strong overall?

So what do people say? Is it one of these 4? A different weight? What do you think and WHY?

WE ARE!!!

Of course, no weight is easy, but some are tougher than others. Just to start off the conversation, I think it's between 33, 65, 74 and HW. Now that is not narrowing it down too much, I know. But...some thoughts:

33: The argument here is the excellence of the top 4 in RBY, Fix, SeaBass and ADS. The counter argument is it falls off rather suddenly after those 4.

65: Absolutely stacked both at the top with Griffith, Marinelli, Wick, Wentzel but also with depth and 2 extremely talented youngsters in O'Toole and Karchla who could shake things up.

74: Brutal weight. Defending champ Starocci not only has Kemerer to deal iwith, but has 2 freaking studs in Lewis and H Hidlay moving up. The counter argument is it's not as deep as others. I'm not hugely impressed by Labriola, Massa is very good but always just shy of great and Ethan Smith is scrappy but not sensational.

HW: Despite the winner in Gable being practically a foregone conclusion, it has to be in the conversation because of the all-time quality at the top. With Parris, Cassioppi, Schultz and a healthy Kerkvliet returning, when has HW been this strong overall?

So what do people say? Is it one of these 4? A different weight? What do you think and WHY?

WE ARE!!!
Couple of points.

Doesn’t 33 also have Micic? He’s not too bad :)

At 65, you might want to include a talented PSU freshman as well. I like O’Toole to make the finals.

Reactions: NittanyChris
Couple of points.

Doesn’t 33 also have Micic? He’s not too bad :)

At 65, you might want to include a talented PSU freshman as well. I like O’Toole to make the finals.
Good point on Micic. So what would your pick be as the toughest weight?

There is also a possibility Vito going 133 so Greg D. can get in the lineup. If that happens that will be extremely tough. 197 has the potential of being really difficult with AJ, Bonnacorsi, Dean or Beard, Warner, Rocky Elam, etc. and then throw on top of it Amos.

Good point on Micic. So what would your pick be as the toughest weight?
I’m going with 33, but 65 is a close 2nd.

Let’s not forget about Nicky Push-ups. Is he also 33-bound? That would clearly make it the toughest weight. I’m hoping Suriano opts for a 125 Spencer Shute vision quest at PSU. Then Robbie or Steen can take the next 3 titles.

I’m going with 33, but 65 is a close 2nd.

Let’s not forget about Nicky Push-ups. Is he also 33-bound? That would clearly make it the toughest weight. I’m hoping Suriano opts for a 125 Spencer Shute vision quest at PSU. Then Robbie or Steen can take the next 3 titles.
Suriano is 100% 125 bound if he wrestles in college. Hopefully at Penn State.

NCAA bracket with RBY on one side and Fix, SeaBass, Micic, ADS and potentially the Nick Suriano on the opposite side of the bracket. Should not be too difficult for RBY then.

WE ARE!!!
“Massa just shy of great”, yet you (and several others) continue to list ADS as a contender. He is one notch above AMar when it comes to underperforming at Nats. ADS will need a miracle to make finals and I seriously doubt he makes semis.

Edit: maybe ESPN will “mic him up“ this year?

“Massa just shy of great”, yet you (and several others) continue to list ADS as a contender. He is one notch above AMar when it comes to underperforming at Nats. ADS will need a miracle to make finals and I seriously doubt he makes semis.

Edit: maybe ESPN will “mic him up“ this year?
I guess Massa and ADS are at about similar levels. That’s fair. So which weight do you think will be toughest and why?

ADVERTISEMENT