ADVERTISEMENT

So, what are you Thankful for Today?

636344427717954310-AP-TV-HBO-JOE-PATERNO-FILM-91478320.JPG

I’m thankful I’m still here after my heart surgery last February. I am also thankful for every day I have going forward. Some in our family as well as friends have not been so lucky this past year, in particular, our brother in law, Bob. The last time we spent together was at the Pitt game this year. A little over a month later, he was gone from a heart problem. Our tailgating pal from Norristown is still recovering from a bad fall last winter, also. This Thanksgiving has a little bit more meaning and a touch of melancholy to it. The important message is to be grateful and appreciate everyday and to thank your family and friends always. You never know the next time you will see them again. Peace out.

Health, family, my brothers and sisters in the military, and Gwen Stefani at the Macy’s Day Parade...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: fairgambit
Not sure why Thanksgiving provides an opportunity to rip Pitt, but just another reminder of how obsessed with Pitt this board has become.

I'm thankful for my health and family... and my PSU friends.

LdN
I agree with you on the Pitt issue. Pitt has become an obsession on this board and many of the attacks are sophomoric. Pitt is a great school. They have boorish fans and so do we, but some of my best friends are Pitt grads and they are quality people. My wife is a Pitt alum and I have not met a better person on this earth. It's unfortunate that the Pitt attacks continue even on Thanksgiving.

I agree with you on the Pitt issue. Pitt has become an obsession on this board and many of the attacks are sophomoric. Pitt is a great school. They have boorish fans and so do we, but some of my best friends are Pitt grads and they are quality people. My wife is a Pitt alum and I have not met a better person on this earth. It's unfortunate that the Pitt attacks continue even on Thanksgiving.

Your wife FairG showed impeccable taste, culture and wisdom in marrying you. If only all Pitt alums were like her.

Reactions: fairgambit
Life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.

Life that we are healthy and pray for many more years together.
Liberty that those who fought for us have a wonderful life and those that have died rest in peace.
Pursuit of happiness in wonderful friends and dear relatives.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ehhh. I have a Pitt graduate school degree myself, know many quality Pitt grads and still can’t stand their fans in general. I didn’t start out hating Pitt, but after 40 years of being exposed to their jealous fan base I have no choice now. The conduct I’ve witnessed over the years at Pitt PSU football games at Pitt is the worst by far of anything I’ve seen anywhere else. Sure we both have boorish fans but they have way more in my opinion.

$hitt on Pitt (even on Thanksgiving) :cool:

Reactions: Agoodnap
Ehhh. I have a Pitt graduate school degree myself, know many quality Pitt grads and still can’t stand their fans in general. I didn’t start out hating Pitt, but after 40 years of being exposed to their jealous fan base I have no choice now. The conduct I’ve witnessed over the years at Pitt PSU football games at Pitt is the worst by far of anything I’ve seen anywhere else. Sure we both have boorish fans but they have way more in my opinion.

$hitt on Pitt (even on Thanksgiving) :cool:
102dc4c3.gif

At the risk of disrupting the flow of the thread..... I’m thankful for all God has given us, both what we appreciate and all that we often take for granted. Today is a good day to spend some time thinking about what we take for granted (in-between family, food, and football). Often we don’t appreciate that until it’s too late.

For this board and the posters on it (well, most of them....;)) who form a community not only about sports but showing concern for their fellow man (well done Mr. Potter) and a lot of humor- in good times and in bad.

Last edited:
  1. That is a rule up with which I will not put.
  2. This is the kind of arrant pedantry up with which I will not put.
  3. This is the type of arrant pedantry up with which I will not put.
  4. Not ending a sentence with a preposition is a bit of arrant pedantry up with which I will not put.
  5. That is the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put
  6. This is insubordination, up with which I will not put!
  7. This is the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
  8. This is the sort of thing up with which I will not put.
  9. Madame, that is a rule up with which I shall not put.

Reactions: artsandletters
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT