So what are the progs up to with this SCOTUS leak?

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Why would they leak this draft opinion? Why do it now? Why risk destroying the SC in the process?

Have heard lots of theories. One was to force some justices to change their position before striking down Roe. Maybe the pressure will save their holy sacrament of abortion on demand. Another theory is that they needed something to change to national attention away from high gasoline prices, massive inflation, the open border high crime, the international cluster****, and other major problems. Some say it was to motivate their base to get out the vote and for fund raising.

All of these are possible and all of them were probably considered. But it is strange this was written way back on February and only leaked now....probably too late to change anything. And it’s way too early to motivate people to get out and vote as this will likely be overshadowed by other events by fall. methinks there is much more to their evil ways. One reason is their total lust for power. Encouraging rioting and looting for an entire year just to get their guy elected. The four year Russiagate crime spree and the phony, staged impeachment scams.

Looking at how this played out raises some questions. The news broke on Monday night around 9PM. Yet within an hour hundreds of people were out on the streets with professionally printed posters and signs. Talk shows that night were all aghast about Roe being overturned. Yet by Tuesday the lib shows were all demanding the end of the filibuster as the way to codify Roe into law. Amazing how they all came to that conclusion so quickly.....just kill the filibuster and all would be well.

But just think what they would do if the filibuster were suspended. Codifying Roe would just be the start. In the mantra of never letting a disaster go to waste they would use this new gained power to enact every wet dream they ever had. Expand the SC to thirteen so they control it. Pass the Dream Act putting over 15 million illegal immigrants on the path to citizenship....and voting! They also be able to make DC a state ensuring the 🤡 party gets two more Senators and one House Rep for eternity. Cancelling all student debt and buying millions of votes. Maybe paying reparations to buy more votes. Who knows where they go and where they would stop.

Could it be they ginned up this disaster as a way to get rid of the filibuster once and for all? These Machiavellian criminals are very devious. Look at how they orchestrated Russiagate. Or two false impeachments. Or the year of riots. They have an amazing ability to conceive these power grabs and pull them off.

Weird how they are so good to do these things but totally suck at governing.

Last edited:

interrobang

Aug 21, 2016
To control the narrative. Leak it, spin it to the ignorant and "headline only" morons out there that "republican SCOTUS took away your right to an abortion"

Use that faux outrage to cover up Biden's massive failures going into the election cycle

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
Why would they leak this draft opinion? Why do it now? Why risk destroying the SC in the process?

Have heard lots of theories. One was to force some justices to change their position before striking down Roe. Maybe the pressure will save their holy sacrament of abortion on demand. Another theory is that they needed something to change to national attention away from high gasoline prices, massive inflation, the open border high crime, the international cluster****, and other major problems. Some say it was to motivate their base to get out the vote and for fund raising.

All of these are possible and all of them were probably considered. But it is strange this was written way back on February and only leaked now....probably too late to change anything. And it’s way too early to motivate people to get out and vote as this will likely be overshadowed by other events by fall. methinks there is much more to their evil ways. One reason is their total lust for power. Encouraging rioting and looting for an entire year just to get their guy elected. The four year Russiagate crime spree and the phony, staged impeachment scams.

Looking at how this played out raises some questions. The news broke on Monday night around 9PM. Yet within an hour hundreds of people were out on the streets with professionally printed posters and signs. Talk shows that night were all aghast about Roe being overturned. Yet by Tuesday the lib shows were all demanding the end of the filibuster as the way to codify Roe into law. Amazing how they all came to that conclusion so quickly.....just kill the filibuster and all would be well.

But just think what they would do if the filibuster were suspended. Codifying Roe would just be the start. In the mantra of never letting a disaster go to waste they would use this new gained power to enact every wet dream they ever had. Expand the SC to thirteen so they control it. Pass the Dream Act putting over 15 million illegal immigrants on the path to citizenship....and voting! They also be able to make DC a state ensuring the 🤡 party gets two more Senators and one House Rep for eternity. Cancelling all student debt and buying millions of votes. Maybe paying reparations to buy more votes. Who knows where they go and where they would stop.

Could it be they ginned up this disaster as a way to get rid of the filibuster once and for all? These Machiavellian criminals are very devious. Look at how they orchestrated Russiagate. Or two false impeachments. Or the year of riots. They have an amazing ability to conceive these power grabs and pull them off.

Weird how they are so good to do these things but totally suck at governing.
I think the leaked just got fed up and leaked it. The timing wasn’t particularly advantageous when you consider the midterms and this ruling being made public closer to November. It certainly would have been more impactful. Maybe it is a distraction relative to inflation and other bad news.

fact is the ruling gives the democrats much needed energy If anything it gives them money making opportunities in time for the midterms but the June ruling would have worked too

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I think the leaked just got fed up and leaked it. The timing wasn’t particularly advantageous when you consider the midterms and this ruling being made public closer to November. It certainly would have been more impactful. Maybe it is a distraction relative to inflation and other bad news.

fact is the ruling gives the democrats much needed energy If anything it gives them money making opportunities in time for the midterms but the June ruling would have worked too
Many thing this will somehow be a positive for Democrats but I don’t think so with everything else going on.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Many thing this will somehow be a positive for Democrats but I don’t think so with everything else going on.
Well it doesn’t mean they will win the midterms but this certainly will impact them in the Dems favor. The Dem base was completely unmotivated before this and now they are fired up.

Darth_VadEER

Dec 14, 2010
Well it doesn’t mean they will win the midterms but this certainly will impact them in the Dems favor. The Dem base was completely unmotivated before this and now they are fired up.

Eh, perhaps. I just dont think this motivates any independents or moderates to change their vote. It might tip the favor to more extreme progressive candidates in the primary...which is a loser situation long term.

As decisive as abortion is, I'm skeptical of how many voters have it as a priority. It's not something I do...

I think you're gonna see months of left-wing lunacy and hyperventilation, maybe some violence, and normal folks will dissociate.

Reactions: jjw165

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
Eh, perhaps. I just dont think this motivates any independents or moderates to change their vote. It might tip the favor to more extreme progressive candidates in the primary...which is a loser situation long term.

As decisive as abortion is, I'm skeptical of how many voters have it as a priority. It's not something I do...

I think you're gonna see months of left-wing lunacy and hyperventilation, maybe some violence, and normal folks will dissociate.
To me it is similar to "don't say gay" bill. It is about the narrative. Nobody in their right minds want teachers, or anyone, talking about sex to elementary school kids. So the "don't say gay" narrative was born. It isn't anti-gay but that is what they want you to believe.

In this case, SCOTUS does not outlaw abortions, they simply make it possible for states to do so. Things have changed a lot since 1972. there are millions of ways to avoid pregnancy and will always be states where one can get an abortion. The notion that people are taking away women's rights is ludicrous. If you are a woman that doesn't want to have a baby, there are a lot of free options. The reality is that abortion has become the easy route to contraception. Other than that, a non-issue. I suspect there will be a two-week media cycle and then it will be a talking point in the general election.

Darth_VadEER

Dec 14, 2010
To me it is similar to "don't say gay" bill. It is about the narrative. Nobody in their right minds want teachers, or anyone, talking about sex to elementary school kids. So the "don't say gay" narrative was born. It isn't anti-gay but that is what they want you to believe.

In this case, SCOTUS does not outlaw abortions, they simply make it possible for states to do so. Things have changed a lot since 1972. there are millions of ways to avoid pregnancy and will always be states where one can get an abortion. The notion that people are taking away women's rights is ludicrous. If you are a woman that doesn't want to have a baby, there are a lot of free options. The reality is that abortion has become the easy route to contraception. Other than that, a non-issue. I suspect there will be a two-week media cycle and then it will be a talking point in the general election.

It will help Democrat fundraising. The pro-abortion groups rake in dough.

Reactions: The Spin Meister

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
It will help Democrat fundraising. The pro-abortion groups rake in dough.
It will be a huge fund raiser. Plus it will motivate the younger people to get out the vote. Also puts an emphasis on electing a POTUS that will nominate justices that align with one’s political ideology. I know lots of people that voted for Trump and this was the main reason. Hildebeast would have put far left loons on the court.

But the timing is so strange. Too late to change the court’s ruling since this was written a couple months ago. So early that it will have faded by the time fall elections will roll around. And an extreme move just to change the media coverage of all the screwups of the Magoo train wreck.

Watch for a major push to eliminate the filibuster in the next couple weeks. That’s my theory and I am sticking to it.

Dzapper

May 5, 2019

Some might say (not me surely) that if SCOTUS overturned Roe and left it to the states to determine the what, when and how of abortions in their own states, that the ultimate demographic effect would be to limit the future population growth in the liberal states vis a vis the more conservative ones. All other issues aside (I know there are bigger concerns here) that is hidden "benefit" of overturning the center piece of Leftist judicial activism.

Latest posts