ADVERTISEMENT

So we move on to Indiana next Saturday. What do you all expect to see?

PeetzPoolBoy

Sep 24, 2013
That game should be interesting. I've already lowered my expectations to that point "they're already met".

That game should be interesting. I've already lowered my expectations to that point "they're already met".

i thought the Indy game was gonna be tough before today. a great effort and we win....anything less and we lose.

I think we win easily, Indiana is effing terrible. Iowa, Michigan and Wisconsin are another matter, however.

Reactions: razpsu
Indy is going to give our defense a much bigger challenge than MSU. If we don’t figure out how to make our offense play a lot better than the 2014 throwback version we saw for most of today, we won’t win and we might lose by a lot.

Reactions: bdgan
Indiana Maybe , Iowa , Michigan , Wisconsin losses . Usual wins agains the bottom feeders Rutgers & Maryland . Outback Bowl , Music City Bowl . Pitt ain't shit . Start hype for 2019 .

Indy is going to give our defense a much bigger challenge than MSU. If we don’t figure out how to make our offense play a lot better than the 2014 throwback version we saw for most of today, we won’t win and we might lose by a lot.

I don't get the angst on this board over Indiana. Indy only scored 24 in a 7 point win over Rutgers. Buffalo, by comparison, scored 42. Indiana only scored 20 against Virginia (Ohio U scored 31). We lose to OSU by 3. Indiana loses to them by 23. We may lose another couple of games, but Indiana will not be one of them.

Reactions: djr4rebs
Don't get a lead in the 4th quarter Don't get a lead in the 4th quarter Don't get a lead in the 4th quarter Don't get a lead in the 4th quarterDon't get a lead in the 4th quarterDon't get a lead in the 4th quarter

Reactions: GaryM
We will beat Indiana by 17 points, I won't watch a second of it. Wasted 4 hours today of watching pathetic, brutal football by a team that did not seem to care to be on the field and a coaching staff with the same clown show ever seen over and over. if we lose, i don't want to see it anyway, if we win, great, pad some stats. I'll watch 3 more games this year, Iowa, Wisky and Michigan. Once we lose our 4th game, Im out. Ill watch the bowl game in hopes of seeing some young guys get work.

Reactions: ftlpsu
I think we lose 3 more, but I was never drinking the Kool aid. This was always an 8-4, 7-5 team to me. Crap.....they almost lost to App State at home, and looked like garbage for three quarters against Illinois and Pitt.

I don't get the angst on this board over Indiana. Indy only scored 24 in a 7 point win over Rutgers. Buffalo, by comparison, scored 42. Indiana only scored 20 against Virginia (Ohio U scored 31). We lose to OSU by 3. Indiana loses to them by 23. We may lose another couple of games, but Indiana will not be one of them.

But did you see the dinasour eggs this team laid on offense, defense, special teams and coaching today? There’s no way they are beating a decent Indiana team next week. None. We hired a recruiting coordinator to be our head coach.

But did you see the dinasour eggs this team laid on offense, defense, special teams and coaching today? There’s no way they are beating a decent Indiana team next week. None. We hired a recruiting coordinator to be our head coach.
And did you see the way Indiana played Rutgers and got blown out by Iowa today? Indiana is barely decent. We are much better and will prove it next Saturday.

And did you see the way Indiana played Rutgers and got blown out by Iowa today? Indiana is barely decent. We are much better and will prove it next Saturday.

Unless there are major changes in coaching philosophy, Rutgers is the last win on the schedule. The only question now is whether the used car salesmen can hold this recruiting class together.. and perhaps outlast the coaches that are obviously vastly superior to him in the division. Including hairball.. what’s the overall record against osu/MSU/um gonna be after we get hammered at the big house in a few weeks? Franklin is in over his head. I was wrong, sadly.

Indiana Maybe , Iowa , Michigan , Wisconsin losses . Usual wins agains the bottom feeders Rutgers & Maryland . Outback Bowl , Music City Bowl . Pitt ain't shit . Start hype for 2019 .
Wisconsin looks eminently beatable. I would not chalk them or Iowa up as losses. On the other hand, I wouldn't bank on a win vs. Maryland

Reactions: nits74

It will be a dog fight. Every Saturday will be a dog fight when you can't tackle and have no real play makers.

What on PSU makes you think we are a great team that can blow a team like Indiana out on the road? Beat a sun belt team in O.T or scoring 60 on a horrible MAC team

Wisconsin looks eminently beatable. I would not chalk them or Iowa up as losses. On the other hand, I wouldn't bank on a win vs. Maryland

Iowa is better than us.. Iowa is very physical. Their D Line vs our O line is already giving me chest pains.

It will be a dog fight. Every Saturday will be a dog fight when you can't tackle and have no real play makers.
What on PSU makes you think we are a great team that can blow a team like Indiana out on the road? Beat a sun belt team in O.T or scoring 60 on a horrible MAC team
Nate, I did not say we were a "great team". I only said we were much better than Indiana, and we are. I did not say we would blow them out.

We will beat Indiana by 17 points, I won't watch a second of it. Wasted 4 hours today of watching pathetic, brutal football by a team that did not seem to care to be on the field and a coaching staff with the same clown show ever seen over and over. if we lose, i don't want to see it anyway, if we win, great, pad some stats. I'll watch 3 more games this year, Iowa, Wisky and Michigan. Once we lose our 4th game, Im out. Ill watch the bowl game in hopes of seeing some young guys get work.
Good for you. That'll show'em.

Some of you guys are brutal.

I honestly think it'll be better for this team to play away in a more hostile environment, rather that worrying about having to please the home crowd. Honestly, a road W is just what this team needs.

Future of this team is very uncertain. Any team on schedule except Rutgers can beat this team. Key problem with this team is they do not follow through what they practice. WR's are not running the correct routes and QB is losing faith in them. Consequently he is holding the ball a bit longer. He is not throwing on rhythm. Only #1 makes any plays. #3 and #10 are not reliable. TE's are doing fine however. OL is not playing well. Coaches do not have faith in back up D players. New coaches are not doing well either. Coaches as whole are risk averse. I was hoping #69 will add to power rushing the QB but somehow he is not up to the task yet. So many mistakes and penalties. From here on all teams are going to use MSU template. Bat balls at the line of scrimmage and focus on stopping QB runs. QB runs are a major part of this Offense. Running game depends on QB runs! Coaches need to experiment with Spread to create lane for throwing the ball or running. Bubble Screens should be used together with Reverses. Too many problems that need to get fixed!

We are on the road so hopefully not a loss. The offensive line must play better. They stunk up the joint against MSU and OSU.

I expect to see you whine about the outcome regardless of what it is and then restart your campaign to fire Franklin on Sunday morning.
Wrong. He's actually hoping we lose to strengthen his campaign to fire Franklin. I fixed it for you.

Reactions: 81b&w

MSU lost to a nw team that winless nebraska took to overtime and a medicore Arizona state team. Indiana could easily be a better team than MSU if you get over the name on the jersey. Don’t get why everyone’s acting like MSU is some sort of playoff contender.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Interesting. Had we hung on to beat MSU I wonder if the prognostications of potentially losing three or four more would be the same, even though we would sitting at #5. The win would’ve been great for cosmetics, but it still doesn’t mask some of the issues. Let’s see how things go at Indy. I think these next two games are critical and while I’m optimistic, nothing would surprise me.

We lost so we can’t play the what if game. I don’t know about losing 3 of 4 but the fact that we didn’t win does show concern now
Against Michigan and Iowa.

Now be honest with me for a second here. You post a lot and have been around for a while. You set all these expectations for Franklin and staff but based on what? Penn state has been doing this for the most part since the 80s. Yes there has been a few great years in there but when have you seen a program recruit and win like this outside of those years? Has not happened. Either you are living in the 80s or have a very screwed perception of what penn state football has been for a long time.

MSU lost to a nw team that winless nebraska took to overtime and a medicore Arizona state team. Indiana could easily be a better team than MSU if you get over the name on the jersey. Don’t get why everyone’s acting like MSU is some sort of playoff contender.
MSU should have been a win. Indiana will be. If they lose the team will be in freefall.

Hopefully I will see a 150 class back walk past me in the morning...then PSU hang 50 on the Hoosiers.

I will say this moving forward since i said it in the past. I predicted msu to win the big this year and everyone laughed at me and said we would beat them hands down. Even with some of their starters out for the game they still had more returning starters than we did from last year .

So yes we should have could have won but does it surprise me that we lost To msu under D’Antonio now that emotion is out of it. Nope!

I will say this moving forward since i said it in the past. I predicted msu to win the big this year and everyone laughed at me and said we would beat them hands down. Even with some of their starters out for the game they still had more returning starters than we did from last year .

So yes we should have could have won but does it surprise me that we lost To msu under D’Antonio now that emotion is out of it. Nope!

I have said to some buds, and been laughed at, that I thought we were a yr away. I also said 9-3. But it's the way we lost these 2 games...ugh...shoulda won them both, no question.

Iowa is better than us.. Iowa is very physical. Their D Line vs our O line is already giving me chest pains.
Thing about Iowa and even Wisconsin is despite usually not having as much talent, they are generally fundamentally sound. This makes them difficult for the type of team Penn State is this year. I expect at least one loss after those games despite the home field "advantage". We've seen what that means.

i thought the Indy game was gonna be tough before today. a great effort and we win....anything less and we lose.
Agree...we are starting to play tight...noticed that yesterday...pressure is rising...will someone step up? I’d say it’s time to bench Johnson and Thompkins...plug in Dohtson and more Hip...and Shorter if he can go...DLine not getting enough pass rush...Oline did not give Trace a clean pocket yesterday

If we playl like we did the first 3 qtrs against OSU, we’ll win big next week (and the rest of our games). And if we play like we did last week, we lose again this week.

ADVERTISEMENT