ADVERTISEMENT

It will be fun. The board is just moving to a different site, so it should pretty much be the same.

No there will be a free board over there. Tom posted that awhile ago that the free (for all) McAndrew board will be there as well and to register to reserve your handle. After 25 years on the board I didn’t sign up fast enough and lost my board name but came up with a minimally modified version.

No there will be a free board over there. Tom posted that awhile ago that the free (for all) McAndrew board will be there as well and to register to reserve your handle. After 25 years on the board I didn’t sign up fast enough and lost my board name but came up with a minimally modified version.
Help out a really old guy, go where?

it will go out in style after Ohio State completely destroys us for our third straight loss.

that final day might be one of the great meltdowns the board ever saw
Epic. We have a frame of reference - October 26, 2013, Columbus, OH, #4 Ohio State 63 Penn State 14. There were plenty of apoplectic posters that night. We can only hope that @BW Lion starts even more threads with the same theme as he did this past Saturday. Will he have the same handle on the new board? Will he and Psugo823 (21guns) continue to collude and campaign for Franklin's dismissal on the new free board? Can two such volatile and unhinged posters remain allies for long? Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Help out a really old guy, go where?

Sign up, but if you get to the point where it asks you to pay, just go to the menu and find the free board without providing your cc number. You may need to log out and then log in to post. That's what I did and it worked fine.

I registered without paying a dime. I tried to search for Tom’s post about it it on this board but couldn’t find it. Interesting that if you are not signed in on the new free board you can’t read the thread on the free board. If you are signed in, you can.

Epic. We can only hope that @BW Lion starts even more threads with the same theme. Will he have the same handle on the new board? Will he and Psugo823 (21guns) continue to collude and campaign for Franklin's dismissal on the new free board? Can two such volatile and unhinged posters remain allies for long? Stay tuned.
The board doesn't really appreciate your newfound negativity. Yesterday, you effectively called Franklin a weasel for not owning the loss, something I would never consider doing. 🤷‍♂️

Hopefully will get more new (and old) board info this week. Has there been any official announcement from Rivals that this board is closing?

1. Click here: https://www.on3.com/

2. If you don't want to be a paid subscriber, ignore the paid account options. To create a free account: in the upper RH corner, click Login.

3. Click on Register. Enter your email, handle, and password. Passwords must be 8+ characters including at least 1 upper case letter, 1 lower case letter, and 1 number.

4. Click on the icon in the upper RH corner, then click on Logout. (You need to do this when you first create your account in order to activate it.)

5. Log back in -- see Step 2 above.

6. On the home page, hover over Teams, then click on Forums, then scroll down to the Penn State section.

7. Start posting. The functionality is very similar to here.

It blows my mind that the new owners are injecting so much friction into going to the new site. It makes no sense for one of the most successful college football boards. They are going to lose a lot of end user engagement.

I used to do this for bank sites and what they are doing breaks every law in the book when considering upgrading a site. My guess is that there may be duplicate identifiers but you'd work them as the exception and not the rule.

1. Click here: https://www.on3.com/

2. If you don't want to be a paid subscriber, ignore the paid account options. To create a free account: in the upper RH corner, click Login.

3. Click on Register. Enter your email, handle, and password. Passwords must be 8+ characters including at least 1 upper case letter, 1 lower case letter, and 1 number.

4. Click on the icon in the upper RH corner, then click on Logout. (You need to do this when you first create your account in order to activate it.)

5. Log back in -- see Step 2 above.

6. On the home page, hover over Teams, then click on Forums, then scroll down to the Penn State section.

7. Start posting. The functionality is very similar to here.
Thanks Tom, that worked.

New board is kinda blah - not the same energy there. Maybe when this one goes belly up it'll get some vibrancy.
Not many here are posting there yet. Once the current board is gone I believe the standard mayhem will commence on the new site.

Reactions: rem524
No big meltdown. Large majority of us expecting a blowout. Then, apathy will set in as is normally the case with mediocre programs.

Reactions: Mufasa94
No big meltdown. Large majority of us expecting a blowout. Then, apathy will set in as is normally the case with mediocre programs.
I expect them to get blown out, but what worries me and what I think is what starts the meltdown is how they get blown out. I think they are now in lay down mode and won't put up much of a fight.

If they went there and played their butts off and got blown out cause of not being as talented cause of injuries I would understand, but this team looks like it's ready to quit, what worries me about Rutgers and Maryland.

Reactions: psu2016
The biggest question is do I immediately add the two jabronis that are on my rivals ignore list to the ignore list on the new site or do I give them another chance to act like humans?

Reactions: step.eng69
If BW is PPB, He was always interesting and like him, but easily got under the skin of a few in the past. No, I don’t know if PPB is alive and well, just as I don’t know where 21 Guns is
It makes sense since PPB hated Franklin from the start.
There is a rumor that 21 guns is back with another user name.

The board doesn't really appreciate your newfound negativity. Yesterday, you effectively called Franklin a weasel for not owning the loss, something I would never consider doing. 🤷‍♂️
By the way BW, In a post post last week to you, I responded that my wife was of Mexican descent commenting about her casting my vote….not true, Welsh & Polish and a little of Bufalino

Last edited:
Reactions: BW Lion
PPB, 21 Gunns, and others, are not the only ones who want Franklin gone. The majority of this board now sits in the side to fire Franklin.

PPB, 21 Gunns, and others, are not the only ones who want Franklin gone. The majority of this board now sits in the side to fire Franklin.
You're right, you tOSU fans want him gone too because he just poached the #1 QB in 2022 out of your backyard. 🤣

it will go out in style after Ohio State completely destroys us for our third straight loss.

that final day might be one of the great meltdowns the board ever saw

mission-impossible-self-destruct.gif

ADVERTISEMENT