ADVERTISEMENT

So Scrap landed Betiku

Thanks for sharing that video.

I wish Tom Bradley the best. All class

No problem. That press conference, of course, was in November 2011, just after it had all come down on Penn State. I can only imagine what was going through Bradley's mind at that time. Given that, I have great respect not only for his words but his composure. As you said, all class.

Lavar's spot on NFL AM (LA based gig) was just renewed last week... that was what he was waiting for.

Reactions: EPC FAN
Thanks Bob, Yes that video is worth watching and you can tell that last part about Joe came from the heart.
This was, of course, before Joyner ordered all the coaches not to mention the name Paterno in any public comment.

Reactions: fairgambit
Betiku is no longer living with Lavar.

As a result Scrap was not really a factor in his recruitment.

Betiku is no longer living with Lavar.

As a result Scrap was not really a factor in his recruitment.
I've suspected this was the case for a little while but didn't want to speculate. Do you have details on this?

Good for Scrap. I want to see him do well at UCLA. Class guy. How can you forget this? (Watch the whole thing or just go to 5:00).
Thanks for the reminder. I'm met Tom on a couple of occasions. He was always gracious and made me proud to be a Penn State alum. I wish him continuing success and hope we can meet him in a bowl game someday. I think it would be memorable on many levels.

Per UCLA site , Betiku spent a day there last week with Bradley and Coach McClure(DL coach) He will enroll in the spring of next year which is a major bonus.

Thanks for the reminder. I'm met Tom on a couple of occasions. He was always gracious and made me proud to be a Penn State alum. I wish him continuing success and hope we can meet him in a bowl game someday. I think it would be memorable on many levels.

No problem. I met Bradley briefly a couple days before the Rose Bowl game against USC. He was soft-spoken and very pleasant.

Reactions: fairgambit
Scrap bleeds Blue and White. Will always be a Penn Stater. I wish him the best
Attended a few dinners with Coach Bradley put on by our local alumni club. He was great, funny, honest, would answer any question he could.
Said the best time of his life was recruiting with Joe, driving through towns and Joe telling stories about recruits, a veritable history of Joe's
career. He told us to enjoy Joe as long as we could ,because it will never happen again. One coach, at one place for that long with
success and honor.

ADVERTISEMENT