So Putin is ill with Blood Cancer...

LMTLION

Mar 20, 2008
I know what we should do!!. Put Cheeto back in charge. He's a spry 75 (turning 76 on June 14) and, as everyone knows, "only HE can fix this." :rolleyes: :cool:
In a fantasy example, I would use the age of roughly 60. The world is too dynamic and complex for an older person to process all of that information.

Reactions: NJPSU

BoulderFish

Oct 31, 2016
Which I guess has a high liklihood of death.

So why exactly did we ratchet up the Ukraine to Nato dialogue?

Seems like with all of our spies we must have known he was on his last legs.

LdN

Back when Russia started this invasion, I saw some people (just rando regular people) hypothesizing that Putin must have received a bad cancer diagnosis or something -- Because that was the only way they could make sense of his actions.

I remember those randos' words because they seemed logical to me and my relatively-uneducated understanding of the whole situation, but also a big part of me was like, "nah that just conspiracy theory talk."

Welp.

Reactions: LionDeNittany

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
Back when Russia started this invasion, I saw some people (just rando regular people) hypothesizing that Putin must have received a bad cancer diagnosis or something -- Because that was the only way they could make sense of his actions.

I remember those randos' words because they seemed logical to me and my relatively-uneducated understanding of the whole situation, but also a big part of me was like, "nah that just conspiracy theory talk."

Welp.

Even without the cancer, this was Putin's best/only chance to invade Ukraine.

1. Europe is dependent on Russia for electricity after decommissioning all of Germany's nuclear power and closing coal plants
2. Oil is pricing above $100 a barrel leading to the Russian government having significant buying power
3. Militarily, Russia is only falling further behind.

So, the question remains. Why did we ratchet up the dialogue? Given the 'new' information about Putin and cancer, which we presumably knew, what was the purpose?

This, coupled with our regime's close ties to Ukraine makes me think they were just a pawn with war as the goal.

LdN

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state

Welp.
I said as much before he invaded. His speeches and behavior had changed to a much more emotional state instead of the cold calculating SOb he has always been. Condi Rice even agreed with me a few weeks later.😉

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011
Most people agree that JoePa stayed too long but if he was forced to retire when 20 yrs older than his players that would be 42. If 20 years of average population age it would be 58. Both way too young IMO, especially when there's talk of raising minimum age for SS.

Medicare kicks in at 65 so that would be the minimum mandatory retirement age IMO. Government officials could go longer because their jobs aren't physical. I'd say 75 is old enough for politicians.

Most people agree that JoePa stayed too long but if he was forced to retire when 20 yrs older than his players that would be 42.

I believe the rule would only apply to politicians not football coaches.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Th
Most people agree that JoePa stayed too long but if he was forced to retire when 20 yrs older than his players that would be 42.

The point is the same. People thought Joe should have retired because he could no longer do the job ( like recruiting). We want Pelosi & McConnell to retire for the same reason.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

Ski

May 29, 2001

The voters can retire a politician at any age and choose not to. Repeatedly. Low interest, low IQ voters are destroying this country voting for candidates that deliver pork and free sh!t. You can impose a mandatory retirement age for politicians sure, but it won't fix the real problem.

GogglesPaizano

Feb 6, 2018
Wether true or not, it's more likely the Oligarch who leaked this dies before Putin. There has been a strange yet fatal disease circulating through the Oligarch community lately. It's quite contagious.

Latest posts