So Putin is ill with Blood Cancer...

GreggK

Jan 19, 2002
Which I guess has a high liklihood of death.

So why exactly did we ratchet up the Ukraine to Nato dialogue?

Seems like with all of our spies we must have known he was on his last legs.

LdN

This was going to happen to all countries Putin wants but who didn’t want to be their puppet.

Ski

May 29, 2001

LdN

Because Russia as a threat to Ukraine does not end with Putin's death. While Russia recently escalated the confrontation, Russia and Ukraine have been fighting in the East sine 2014. Putin dying doesn't automatically make everything right though. We have no idea what type of person will succeed him. But, if Putin does kick the bucket now, it allows his successor(s) a face saving way out of the war with the Russian people by allowing them to blame everything that transpired on Putin.

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
Because Russia as a threat to Ukraine does not end with Putin's death. While Russia recently escalated the confrontation, Russia and Ukraine have been fighting in the East sine 2014. Putin dying doesn't automatically make everything right though. We have no idea what type of person will succeed him. But, if Putin does kick the bucket now, it allows his successor(s) a face saving way out of the war with the Russian people by allowing them to blame everything that transpired on Putin.

Back to my question. We know Putin is dying. Why do we allow Zelensky to force the issue against someone with nothing to lose?

Couldn't wait 4 months to ratchet up the Nato talks?

What did the Nato talks do except lead to 1000s of deaths?

Reactions: bourbon n blues

Ian

Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
State College, Pa
Zelensky is making off like a bandit. He’s a crook like the rest of the Ukrainian leadership. And JoeyB just keeps giving him billions. Wonder why? It’s a Ponzi scheme that’s killing millions. There’s many more than one war criminal here.

Jason1743

Jan 23, 2006
Zelensky is making off like a bandit. He’s a crook like the rest of the Ukrainian leadership. And JoeyB just keeps giving him billions. Wonder why? It’s a Ponzi scheme that’s killing millions. There’s many more than one war criminal here.
Give me a freaking break. Don’t compare Biden or Zelensky to Vlad Putin. There is no comparison.

mijowe

Aug 6, 2021
Or Putin knew his time was limited and he invaded Ukraine to add one last conquest to his legacy, the proverbial leave on a high note.

Reactions: The Spin Meister

Jason1743

Jan 23, 2006
If Putin is really il, maybe we should offer him asylum for cancer treatment. Russian medicine is notoriously inferior.

knickslions

Feb 2, 2005
If Putin is really il, maybe we should offer him asylum for cancer treatment. Russian medicine is notoriously inferior.
I’m sure we r is working on a cure of ivermectin and vitamins to cure is buddy Putin. He’s figuring out the doses as we speak as he will be lost without him

BW Lion

Apr 9, 2020
Perhaps he should seek the care of Hermie…the Dentist 🦷 who can’t even spell “ill”

Why would you want to grant medical asylum to the person that is most responsible for Trump getting elected? /s 🙄

Last edited:

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I’m sure we r is working on a cure of ivermectin and vitamins to cure is buddy Putin. He’s figuring out the doses as we speak as he will be lost without him
You’re losing your fecal matter. I recommend relaxation techniques. Try some yoga , work on breathing , go listen to some 4 Non Blondes like you leftwads do and chill.

Reactions: BW Lion

Steve G

May 29, 2001

LdN
there you go blaming American first yet again. Why do you insist that the Ukraine invasion was caused by us? Why do you hate America?

But to the larger point, if he is grievously ill that could add a whole other level of dangerousness and risk to the situation., If he is faltering physically/ mentally and other decide to try and replace him or some such instability, that is a setting g in which nuclear escalation could happen. It is better for everyone for their not to be a break down in the nuclear chain of command and control. Chaos could be very dangerous.

LMTLION

Mar 20, 2008
Old dudes should not be leaders. Putin, Biden, now Xi. If you’re focused on your own declining health, you will not succeed in leadership. The 3 most important leaders on planet Earth do not have their wits - a dangerous setup for deteriorating global dysfunction.

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Old dudes should not be leaders. Putin, Biden, now Xi. If you’re focused on your own declining health, you will not succeed in leadership. The 3 most important leaders on planet Earth do not have their wits - a dangerous setup for deteriorating global dysfunction.
I know what we should do!!. Put Cheeto back in charge. He's a spry 75 (turning 76 on June 14) and, as everyone knows, "only HE can fix this." :rolleyes: :cool:

Reactions: NJPSU and jjw165

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011

This appears to be a good idea to me.
He added: "The founders of the USA put minimum ages for a local office. But they did not put maximum ages because they did not expect that people will be living so long. They should have. Because for a democracy to function, the leaders must be reasonably in touch with the bulk of the population. And if you're too young or too old, you can't say that you will be attached."​
Musk said that he'd like to see political leaders "be ideally within 10 or at least, 20 years of the average age of the population."​

Reactions: kickerinaz

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
He added: "The founders of the USA put minimum ages for a local office. But they did not put maximum ages because they did not expect that people will be living so long. They should have. Because for a democracy to function, the leaders must be reasonably in touch with the bulk of the population. And if you're too young or too old, you can't say that you will be attached."​
Musk said that he'd like to see political leaders "be ideally within 10 or at least, 20 years of the average age of the population."​

Seems like a terrible idea to me.

LdN

kickerinaz

Sep 3, 2016
Still a terrible idea.
I think it could...be a terrible idea . But there does seem to be a problem with old out of touch politicians . No age limits for you ? That's how we get people like biden . trump if not now will be soon in major decline ....hmmm

JeffClear

Oct 15, 2017
That’s just factually false. Franklin was 81 years old when he was a delegate at the constitutional convention and was 84 when he died.
Do you think his fellow delegates told Franklin he was too old to be there?
I don’t believe they even talked about putting a maximum age on office holders.

Reactions: LionDeNittany

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Average age in the US is 38. So no one under the age of 58 would be able to run. I think it's a great idea.
Most people agree that JoePa stayed too long but if he was forced to retire when 20 yrs older than his players that would be 42. If 20 years of average population age it would be 58. Both way too young IMO, especially when there's talk of raising minimum age for SS.

Medicare kicks in at 65 so that would be the minimum mandatory retirement age IMO. Government officials could go longer because their jobs aren't physical. I'd say 75 is old enough for politicians.