ADVERTISEMENT

So... ND "handled" cuse so they're in

N&B4PSU

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
I'm listening to these donut heads in the msu/olemiss game and they just said that if they beat USC they are in..no question.

Why? Because they handled a 'cuse team that lost to clemson by 4 several weeks ago.

Uh huh. Dungey barely played, the backup was... well, not Dungey. Meanwhile, Clemson was having a ton of QB and morale issues that week (transfer, new QB... injury, hellop 3rd string guy). But hey, apples/apples... right?

lotsa positive press to ensure the domeheads get in. A-hats.

Go Trojans!

I'm listening to these donut heads in the msu/olemiss game and they just said that if they beat USC they are in..no question.

Why? Because they handled a 'cuse team that lost to clemson by 4 several weeks ago.

Uh huh. Dungey barely played, the backup was... well, not Dungey. Meanwhile, Clemson was having a ton of QB and morale issues that week (transfer, new QB... injury, hellop 3rd string guy). But hey, apples/apples... right?

Go Trojans!

I’ve got no issues with ND. They beat Michigan and it’s not their fault that Florida State and USC suck this year. They played them all and will beat them all. Sure they barely survived Pitt, but you normally have one game like that each year. Domers took care of biz so far.

Go Trojans!

Because a 12-0 Notre Dame team with a win over Michigan isn't going to be left out. USC has pretty much no chance to beat them. Northwestern and Syracuse were their two tests the second half of the season and they passed. Hopefully someone blows them out but we all know they're in at 12-0. The announcers are 100% correct whether you like it or not.

My problem is the usage of beating a QB-less syracuse and the comp with clemson.. specifically. Personally i have no issue with them being in if they go 12-0... I have an issue with the justification being they beat syracuse.

I'm hopeful they draw Clemson.

Reactions: psu00
The Syracuse logic was ridiculous. Syracuse is 8-3 and ranked #20. They didn’t have their star qb for the ND game. Hardly a stellar win to guarantee a spot in the final 4......but then again it’s espn who are filled with Syracuse grads as announcers/ talking heads.

ND barely beat Pitt and Ball St. They struggled with Northwestern. Their 1 big win was over Michigan in the first game of the season when Michigan wasn’t playing well.

I suspect ND gets in and then gets steamrolled by Bama or Clemson like a few years ago.

Reactions: Ski and TheGLOV
My problem is the usage of beating a QB-less syracuse and the comp with clemson.. specifically. Personally i have no issue with them being in if they go 12-0... I have an issue with the justification being they beat syracuse.

I'm hopeful they draw Clemson.

They're going to compare the Pitt results when they're in. That's just normal. The "justification" is honestly just that Syracuse was their last test and they won. I don't think anyone thinks USC has any shot but I hope I'm wrong. I'd much rather ND get Bama. ND can beat Clemson.

Unfortunately anytime they go undefeated, they, much like any major conference team, will be in unless there are 4 other undefeated teams.

Until we go undefeated, at which point that policy will be null and void.

Michigan has the best argument and ND beat them so that pretty much answers that.

Michigan is currently in with them, right? You have Oklahoma and Georgia as the outsiders looking in. LSU lurking at 7 makes it seem like nobody below them has a shot outside of utter chaos or a huge Buckeye win over Michigan. Wazzou looks SOL.

The biggest wildcards are who gets screwed if Alabama or Clemson lose one game? Probably everybody below Michigan currently.

Unfortunately anytime they go undefeated, they, much like any major conference team, will be in unless there are 4 other undefeated teams.

Until we go undefeated, at which point that policy will be null and void.

A one-loss Big Ten champ will never be left out although Ohio State might test that this year lol

Michigan is currently in with them, right? You have Oklahoma and Georgia as the outsiders looking in. LSU lurking at 7 makes it seem like nobody below them has a shot outside of utter chaos or a huge Buckeye win over Michigan. Wazzou looks SOL.

The biggest wildcards are who gets screwed if Alabama or Clemson lose one game? Probably everybody below Michigan currently.

Yes, Michigan is 4. Oklahoma is out no matter what happens IMO. Georgia is obviously in if they beat Bama then Bama also gets in and we have complete chaos. Clemson is out with a loss to Pitt but probably in with a loss to SC then a win over Pitt. Wazzu is going to get some love if they beat Washington and Utah. Maybe enough to jump Oklahoma but not enough to get to the top 4.

In a perfect world, USC beats ND, Pitt beats Clemson, Ohio State beats Michigan then Northwestern beats Ohio State, Washington beats Wazzu then Utah beats Washington, WVU beats OU & Texas and Georgia beats Bama. Then what happens lol. Would we get 3 SEC teams?

Yes, Michigan is 4. Oklahoma is out no matter what happens IMO. Georgia is obviously in if they beat Bama then Bama also gets in and we have complete chaos. Clemson is out with a loss to Pitt but probably in with a loss to SC then a win over Pitt. Wazzu is going to get some love if they beat Washington and Utah. Maybe enough to jump Oklahoma but not enough to get to the top 4.

In a perfect world, USC beats ND, Pitt beats Clemson, Ohio State beats Michigan then Northwestern beats Ohio State, Washington beats Wazzu then Utah beats Washington, WVU beats OU & Texas and Georgia beats Bama. Then what happens lol. Would we get 3 SEC teams?

You might have painted UCFs path to #4.

Sure, they don't sit well right now and LSU has position currently, but the committee has proven they will move who where on whatever whim they deem acceptable. I don't particularly like a 2-loss LSU where they are over 1-loss and no loss teams. They have the worst offense in the top 10 by far along with the 2 losses.

Go Trojans!
Hate ND...but they have earned it.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Their undefeated and beat some good teams including a Michigan team that embarrassed PSU in everyway possible. They deserve it

ND undefeated is and absolutely should be a stone cold mortal lock for the playoffs. It is not close and any college football follower who disputes that is flat out clueless.

Folks that say Michigan is playing much better seem to forget that Notre Dame is much improved as well. Book is a far superior QB to Wimbush and having Williams at running back was a major upgrade as well. What ND lacks is depth particularly on defense. I really believe they can play with Clemson. Whether anyone can give the Crimson Tide a battle remains a question.

If a conference has the best 4 teams they should all be in.

But this year the best 4 teams are Bama, Clemson, ND, and Michigan. Georgia is close. Outside those 5 there is a huge drop off

If a conference has the best 4 teams they should all be in.

But this year the best 4 teams are Bama, Clemson, ND, and Michigan. Georgia is close. Outside those 5 there is a huge drop off

Yeah, I have no problem with multiple teams or even all teams from the same conference if it is warranted. And I definitely agree about those 5 teams. LSU is probably 6. Then there's probably a huge gap.

Tell me what 1-loss team deserves in over them?

This board gets dumber by the week. They’re 11-0 and beat the best team in The Tiny Ten. A team that beat the dogshiat out of us. Einstein doesn’t think they should make it?? SMH

Oh, I hate ND as much as anyone on this board.Well, except maybe GLOV

You might have painted UCFs path to #4.

Sure, they don't sit well right now and LSU has position currently, but the committee has proven they will move who where on whatever whim they deem acceptable. I don't particularly like a 2-loss LSU where they are over 1-loss and no loss teams. They have the worst offense in the top 10 by far along with the 2 losses.

You might be right. That might be the scenario that gets UCF a playoff bid.
I'd take LSU over a one-loss OU, Ohio State or Wazzu though

You might be right. That might be the scenario that gets UCF a playoff bid.
I'd take LSU over a one-loss OU, Ohio State or Wazzu though

LSU and OU are identical. Great on one side, garbage on the other. If OSU beats Michigan, I'd be ok with them over LSU. Wazzou... I don't have any faith in them.

LSU and OU are identical. Great on one side, garbage on the other. If OSU beats Michigan, I'd be ok with them over LSU. Wazzou... I don't have any faith in them.

Yeah, I don't have any faith in Leach or OU. It's going to be very interesting to see what the committee does if Ohio State wins out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT