ADVERTISEMENT

So let’s talk about Rutgres

There weren’t many teams better than the University of Chicago when they decided to drop their football program.

There aren’t many teams worse than Rutgers and maybe they should consider dropping their football program.

I’m just sayin.

Reactions: PSU87
There weren’t many teams better than the University of Chicago when they decided to drop their football program.

There aren’t many teams worse than Rutgers and maybe they should consider dropping their football program.

I’m just sayin.

Chicago had been mediocre to pretty bad for fifteen years when it decided to drop football in 1939. Rutgers would be happy to be playing at that level.

Rutgers football is historically bad. They really did themselves no favors, athletically, by joining the Conference. They would have been better off in the AAC or C USA.

They might be at the level Northwestern was in the 1970s/1980s.

I have no idea who they can get as a head coach. Les Miles will have an easier time of it with Kansas.

At some point nobody goes there to coach.

Even a good assistant at our school would talk to Franklin and get an earful about how Vanderbilt was a cakewalk compared to the mess at Rutgers.

Has there been a worse situation than this Rutgers mess? With the portal in place I question that anyone walking in there will have anyone left to build a team around.

It’s like they have had the “death penalty” imposed on them.

Am I wrong?

Chicago had been mediocre to pretty bad for fifteen years when it decided to drop football in 1939. Rutgers would be happy to be playing at that level.

Sometimes Art is more like Don Rickles. Sometimes he is a comic genius. The above is comic genius.
Of course there are other times when he is neither.

1 yard passing. 1!

I'm sorry but I had to look this up. And you are right. 1 yard! 5 completions for 1 yard! 3 completions to one guy for 4 yards, 1 completion to another guy for -1 yard, and 1 completion to another guy for -2 yards. Embarrassing is not even the right word.

Reactions: ouirpsu
They are the worst D1 football team I have ever seen, and that is coming off of the worst college QB season I have ever seen (Sitkowski last year).

They may not score 30 points in the entire conference SEASON this year, and that’s with a game against Illinois.

Couldn’t happen to a less impressive bunch.

They receive the ball to start the game - down 7-0 within 10 seconds

Now it’s 21-nil Indiana
Somehow the Big10 really needs to get Rutgers to improve their program. Rutgers does not deserve to be in the league right now. They are horrible and not getting any better.

I'm sorry but I had to look this up. And you are right. 1 yard! 5 completions for 1 yard! 3 completions to one guy for 4 yards, 1 completion to another guy for -1 yard, and 1 completion to another guy for -2 yards. Embarrassing is not even the right word.
You would think a bunch of guys from the stands could do better than that... even by accident. I mean how is that even possible?????

Reactions: Madsol
You would think a bunch of guys from the stands could do better than that... even by accident. I mean how is that even possible?????

Yes. 5 pass completions totaling 1 yard! Has to be a record. I've never heard of anything like it before.

Because it's a football message board and our game hasn't started yet.

These posts kill me....people act like the internet is gonna run out of room and we need to ration our threads.
SO, why are you talking about Rutgers

Two quick thoughts...

Rutgers considered a transition to D2 in the mid 1990s. You think they're bad now?

Rutgers pockets $30 million per year as a full B10 member. The state politicians don't care about football wins.

SO, why are you talking about Rutgers

Because they are a team in PSUs division and upcoming on the schedule?

Why haven't you complained about the 2+ year old thread with close to 5,000 posts obsessing over a school that hasn't been relative for PSU for close to 40 years?

Because they are a team in PSUs division and upcoming on the schedule?

Why haven't you complained about the 2+ year old thread with close to 5,000 posts obsessing over a school that hasn't been relative for PSU for close to 40 years?
Probably because it's not relevant. Rutgers sucks, Who cares about Rutgers? They shouldn't even be in the league. They were only brought in by the BIG to get the New York City/northern NJ TV market. How has that worked out? WE get higher ratings consistently. Who the hell wants to watch Rutgers football except their alums, many of whom don't even bother. The only thing good about Rutgers is that it's a guaranteed win for us. Case closed. They should go to the freakin' ACC. Or worse.

ADVERTISEMENT