ADVERTISEMENT

So I guess Felton Davis is allowed.....

BUCKSCOUNTYLION

Jun 9, 2001
to taunt Oruwariye, taunt our bench after the TD but no unsportsmanlike penalty called.

Yes, left too many things on the table yesterday but the refs gave Sparty their first two TDS .

The refs were so pro Sparty it wasn't even funny yet if we do simple things like better play calls in certain situations, catch some potential INT passes and maybe double team Felton Davis at the end and make someone else beat you.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
to taunt Oruwariye, taunt our bench after the TD but no unsportsmanlike penalty called.

Yes, left too many things on the table yesterday but the refs gave Sparty their first two TDS .

The refs were so pro Sparty it wasn't even funny yet if we do simple things like better play calls in certain situations, catch some potential INT passes and maybe double team Felton Davis at the end and make someone else beat you.
One ref almost pulled the flag on Davis, but didn't. That was bush league stuff.

If we didn’t want an opponent to celebrate in our faces, then we should have made the plays. I’ll never understand complaints about opponents celebrating when the entire reason why they’re celebrating is because our guys didn’t make the plays they needed to.

If we didn’t want an opponent to celebrate in our faces, then we should have made the plays. I’ll never understand complaints about opponents celebrating when the entire reason why they’re celebrating is because our guys didn’t make the plays they needed to.
Taunting and celebrating are two different things. It happened several times in the second half. He exhibited what often times is called "unsportsmanlike conduct" by the officials.

Reactions: JoeFi

Maybe they felt bad for him because he was so hurt just two plays before that they had to use an officials time out to tend to him. The rash of injuries to MSU players in the last 45 seconds was such a shame...those poor guys.

See....MN78 post.....the refs didn't hesitate to throw an "unsportsmanlike penalty" on us in a key situation.
Celebrating and taunting are two different things! Davis was taunting PERIOD.

There was a catch by this jerk in the first half where he juggled the ball going out of bounds. It was ruled a catch on the field and upheld. however, he absolutely taunted a PSU db, #5 I think, and it was seen on the jumbotron at the stadium. No call.

I'll agree that there was some trash-talking but that was pretty much done by both teams.

Do what OSU does, target a guy like they did to Hamler, leg whip Buckholz, try to break Hack's neck what ever.
Watch how Michigan plays MSU next week , they'll be more cheap shots than you can imagine.
Kind of being sarcastic here but we don't have those kind of kids and not sure if i'd want them. The days of roughing a player in a clean sort of way are very few.
I don't like to blame a game on the refs but it seemed odd that ever critical down had a flag thrown, Franklin should petition the Big ten on this crew, especially the Windsor holding call.

Oh man, when Davis was standing on the bench waving bye to our fans and mocking them.....I was so pissed

See....MN78 post.....the refs didn't hesitate to throw an "unsportsmanlike penalty" on us in a key situation.
Celebrating and taunting are two different things! Davis was taunting PERIOD.
I agree that we shouldn’t have been flagged. But neither should Davis - “taunting” and excessive celebration are two penalties that should disappear from the rulebook entirely.

Maybe they felt bad for him because he was so hurt just two plays before that they had to use an officials time out to tend to him. The rash of injuries to MSU players in the last 45 seconds was such a shame...those poor guys.

I don’t whine about refs. But the faking of injuries has gotten rediculous in college football. Osu did it 3 weeks ago and MSU did it this week. Both times players got to the bench and went back in the next play with no medical evaluation. I frequently see it on TV games too. College needs a run off the time rule or forfeiting of time offs.

You're looking at it all wrong. You got to see two healing miracles within moments of each other. Be happy for them.

Reactions: AWS1022
Who cares. Pry should have done something to stop him.
Amen...the whole stadium knew the last ball was going to Davis and Amani is left on an island. Joke of a defensive call. Of course, all Amani had to do was catch a ball that hit him in the stomach and we are celebrating today.

ADVERTISEMENT