ADVERTISEMENT

So how SMART was your home today?

Seems Amazon web services went down and with it went it’s smart home services. Down went Ring doorbell, voice activated dimmers, smart refrigerators, home assistants. People were locked out of their homes, stream services shut down, packages not delivered.

Anyone experience issues?

It didn't have any effect on my interocitor but caused my new turboencabulor to go belly up. It was a brand new one with all the bells and whistles. Fried that sucker. The original machine had a base plate of prefabulated amulite, surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two main spurving bearings were in a direct line with the panametric fan. The latter consisted simply of six hydrocoptic marzlevanes, so fitted to the ambifacient lunar waneshaft that side fumbling was effectively prevented. The main winding was of the normal lotus-o-deltoid type placed in panendermic semi-boloid slots in the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a nonreversible tremmie pipe to the differential girdlespring on the "up" end of the grammeters.

Made me cry to see it fried, but there is always warranty replacement. Gonna have to knock out the basement wall to get a new one in though.

It didn't have any effect on my interocitor but caused my new turboencabulor to go belly up. It was a brand new one with all the bells and whistles. Fried that sucker. The original machine had a base plate of prefabulated amulite, surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two main spurving bearings were in a direct line with the panametric fan. The latter consisted simply of six hydrocoptic marzlevanes, so fitted to the ambifacient lunar waneshaft that side fumbling was effectively prevented. The main winding was of the normal lotus-o-deltoid type placed in panendermic semi-boloid slots in the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a nonreversible tremmie pipe to the differential girdlespring on the "up" end of the grammeters.

Made me cry to see it fried, but there is always warranty replacement. Gonna have to knock out the basement wall to get a new one in though.
Better Call Saul!

Man, hate it when that happens!

BTW, did you eat McClouderort?

• Haha
Reactions: psu00

Ha I’ve never seen that written out. You need the hand gestures to really explain the marzlevanes.

Seems Amazon web services went down and with it went it’s smart home services. Down went Ring doorbell, voice activated dimmers, smart refrigerators, home assistants. People were locked out of their homes, stream services shut down, packages not delivered.

Anyone experience issues?

well, if any of those happened it is because people didn't know that all of them have manual modes. For example, your thermostat will go back to manual (simply stays at a set temperature like any other), most smart locks have a key or a keypad, you actually have to get up and turn on or dim your lights, etc. Streaming services and video from your ring doorbell might not have functioned as they run off of wifi it wifi was somehow dependent on AWS.

The bottom line is that you may have an interruption along the way but it is no worse than without a smart home.

Ya'll snicker now but wait until you are in an assisted care facility and aws connected robots are the ones taking care of you because they won't be able to find enough people to work those positions. The future of elder care is robots and if you want your pills you best start making nice with the machines now before they take over.

Reactions: MrDibbs
Ya'll snicker now but wait until you are in an assisted care facility and aws connected robots are the ones taking care of you because they won't be able to find enough people to work those positions. The future of elder care is robots and if you want your pills you best start making nice with the machines now before they take over.
So when it your time to go, do they bring in the Terminator???

My homie in 7th grade home room was too sharp even to be bullying the newer Private School Hebey Halzors dough bois. He had thrown a synthesis of Ruff.Ryders.Antrem.mp5 and Strawberry Fields.Forever together as a hazing anthem just for one guy- he was wicked smart in an evil hobbit way.

ADVERTISEMENT