ADVERTISEMENT

So how much is RBY gonna be paid to stay?

NittanyChris

Dec 3, 2001
He’s a two time champion and a far greater wrestler than someone like Real Woods. So how much is he gonna get paid to stay in Blue and White?

By the way, the kid will have earned every penny no matter the cost. He’s incredible and somehow strangely underrated with nearly all the “experts” picking Fix to beat him this year.

dr-evil-one-billion-dollars.gif

He’s a two time champion and a far greater wrestler than someone like Real Woods. So how much is he gonna get paid to stay in Blue and White?

By the way, the kid will have earned every penny no matter the cost. He’s incredible and somehow strangely underrated with nearly all the “experts” picking Fix to beat him this year.
As 1 Hawkeye fan on Twitter put it - Spencer should go up next year and embarrass that staller!!!!!!!

Could you imagine Spencer with his walker trying to get a bead on RBY

It would be great to create an agency for wrestling that everyone on the roster got paid.. Help to pay a bit of their schooling. Most are on partial schollys from what I understand.
Would this even be allowed???

It would be great to create an agency for wrestling that everyone on the roster got paid.. Help to pay a bit of their schooling. Most are on partial schollys from what I understand.
Look at the Success with Honor Group just set up (DT and Ira are on the advisory board). You can direct your money to a particular sport. Doesn’t answer your exact question, but does help wrestling

We sat at a table with Paul Feite's family at the banquet. They are a great family. They told us the wrestlers do not have any reserved parking for practice at Rec Hall. Paul's Mom said she has to deal with a bunch of parking tickets for her son. I said there's no one poorer than a college student and she agreed.

If the fans aren't aware of this something should be done to pay for or get the university to provide parking for our wrestlers at practice.

ask Peluga he has all the money right??

Reactions: CCvNYC
As 1 Hawkeye fan on Twitter put it - Spencer should go up next year and embarrass that staller!!!!!!!

only 1 problem calling him a staller is that he can score at will that you can easily see!!LOL

We sat at a table with Paul Feite's family at the banquet. They are a great family. They told us the wrestlers do not have any reserved parking for practice at Rec Hall. Paul's Mom said she has to deal with a bunch of parking tickets for her son. I said there's no one poorer than a college student and she agreed.

If the fans aren't aware of this something should be done to pay for or get the university to provide parking for our wrestlers at practice.
I couldn't afford a car in college so my mommy didn't have those problems

there are plenty of ways to get to practice that do not involve parking illegally and getting tickets. I was not have reserved parking to go to Hammond Building in the evening to study.

I think it is good that student athletes are having the pendulum swing in the favor now, but the narrative that they can't get a slice of pizza at night is so tired. What kind of car is Paul Feite driving as a college student? I am sure it isn't the 15 year old car I had my last two years. It certainly isn't the no car I had my first two.

there are plenty of ways to get to practice that do not involve parking illegally and getting tickets. I was not have reserved parking to go to Hammond Building in the evening to study.

I think it is good that student athletes are having the pendulum swing in the favor now, but the narrative that they can't get a slice of pizza at night is so tired. What kind of car is Paul Feite driving as a college student? I am sure it isn't the 15 year old car I had my last two years. It certainly isn't the no car I had my first two.
Mostly would you just have mom take care of your problem

Mostly would you just have mom take care of your problem
Mom's been gone a few years but I always took on my own financial issues and paid my own college bills. It was pretty cheap in 80-82, compared to today's costs. I didn't have a car in college either because I couldn't afford it, so I hear you on that.
The other elephant in the room is I heard one of our 2 time champs tell someone there are college boosters throwing $200,000 NIL deals at a current starter to lure him away. That is pretty tough to compete against, if the kid doesn't come from a family that is well off. The game has changed but fortunately we have the results from our hard working coaching staff and room to keep kids here and recruit at the highest level.

Spencer at 133 and the end result would make the weeks after nationals priceless HR viewing.

To be honest, after Big10s Spencer would be the 3rd seed behind RBY and Fix (assuming the Committee doesn't seed him 5th) and he doesn't even make the finals.

If they could, I suspect the Okie State boosters would be very willing to chip in some cash to have RBY not come back. 😆
You joke but Willie said stuff like this might be coming sooner rather than later. Opposing NIL deals for "retiring" or "throwing" matches.

When I was at PSU, I had a little Yamaha 350 road bike that would ride when the weather was warm enough. Most of my classes were at the engineering buildings and I found a few cubby holes where I could hide the bike and not get ticketed. I didn't get away with it 100% of the time, but it worked well enough that I kept doing it until I graduated.

BTW - what was the name of that private company that policed the parking in State College? They were a bunch of gangsters. My friends wife went to their office to protest a parking ticket she had gotten and they hit an electronic lock on the door and wouldn't let her leave until she paid. In today's world, that would be a huge lawsuit that any attorney would jump on in a second.

RBY won the award at the banquet for most takedowns on the team. That kind of puts HR's staller scenario to bed. RBY had 81 Dual takedowns for PSU, with CStar coming in second at 54 and AB with 53 for 3rd.

Last edited:
RBY won the award at the banquet for most takedowns on the team. That kind of puts HR's staller scenario to bed.
No, no, no! In a Hawk fan's mind if the other guy scores more offensive points he is stalling because by scoring he isn't allowing the Hawk to score. It takes a bit to get your mind there, but read enough Hawk posts and an understanding of their logic becomes clear.

Iowa fans think Spencer would have teched Zaur Uguev. He didn't tech Nathan Tomasello but he would tech 2x World Gold and Olympic Gold Medalist Uguev who focuses on Free year round.

They think Gilman ran from him and it had nothing to do with his primary coach (Mark Perry) leaving and HWC clearly going all in on Spencer and not even giving Gilman a chance.

They think he can go up to 133 and comfortably beat RBY (some thinks he'd turn RBY LOL)

Iowa fans think Spencer would have teched Zaur Uguev. He didn't tech Nathan Tomasello but he would tech 2x World Gold and Olympic Gold Medalist Uguev who focuses on Free year round.

They think Gilman ran from him and it had nothing to do with his primary coach (Mark Perry) leaving and HWC clearly going all in on Spencer and not even giving Gilman a chance.

They think he can go up to 133 and comfortably beat RBY (some thinks he'd turn RBY LOL)
I hope Spencer Lee is as good as HR thinks...which is reaching Bill Swerski's Super Fans levels.

RBY is a staller, Iowa fans claim. ADS is how a wrestler should wrestle.

In their thread about best ever Iowa matches, someone posted ADS vs Seth Gross. Watch the 3rd period. Try not to yell “STALLLL-IIING”

Edit: here you go; 3rd period starts at 6:25:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT