ADVERTISEMENT

So how much is RBY gonna be paid to stay?

He’s a two time champion and a far greater wrestler than someone like Real Woods. So how much is he gonna get paid to stay in Blue and White?

By the way, the kid will have earned every penny no matter the cost. He’s incredible and somehow strangely underrated with nearly all the “experts” picking Fix to beat him this year.
I think it's more like Daton is a tad overrated. I was on record saying I thought RBY would be the only one of ours to lose his finals match. The way Fix had looked over the summer combined with the very close match in last year's finals sent doubts my way.

As far as Spencer Lee goes.... it would be a fun "super match" but I would not be surprised to see Lee win it. He's very talented, obviously.
You guys have been around long enough to not put weight on anything "Hawk fans" say or do.
I live here and speaking with locals about wrestling is similar to hitting your thumb with a hammer, I get mad at myself and wonder why I would do something like that. Sometimes it's like I'm being gaslit.
Two guys last week argued with my nephew in front of me that Iowa would have won if Spencer was healthy. I asked them how many points he would have scored and they had no clue how the scoring even worked.

I think it's more like Daton is a tad overrated. I was on record saying I thought RBY would be the only one of ours to lose his finals match. The way Fix had looked over the summer combined with the very close match in last year's finals sent doubts my way.

As far as Spencer Lee goes.... it would be a fun "super match" but I would not be surprised to see Lee win it. He's very talented, obviously.
You guys have been around long enough to not put weight on anything "Hawk fans" say or do.
I live here and speaking with locals about wrestling is similar to hitting your thumb with a hammer, I get mad at myself and wonder why I would do something like that. Sometimes it's like I'm being gaslit.
Two guys last week argued with my nephew in front of me that Iowa would have won if Spencer was healthy. I asked them how many points he would have scored and they had no clue how the scoring even worked.
It's really hard to be an overrated senior world silver medalist.

From the nonsense I see about tHR board, why would I want to read it. I skip through most posts regarding Iowa or their board. Rather spend time more fruitfully.

It's really hard to be an overrated senior world silver medalist.
Well, I rated his Freestyle success higher than I should have while predicting how he would perform in the Folkstyle finals. Is that better?

That's going far and above NCAA jurisdiction -- the FBI gets involved with stuff like that.
I understand the concept but I have a hard time believing most of these kids would want to throw a match for money. At least I don't think a Penn state wrestler would want to and I think Cael factors character into recruiting a kid as much as anything else. Our kids want to win and achieve goals that don't necessarily have anything to do with money right now

That's the Iowa base for you and what always frustrated me the most about HR. There are good Iowa fans but a big chunk of those base Iowa fans are just knuckleheads that state the sky is purple just because a Penn state fan said it was blue. That said I'm trying real hard to just let that shit wash under the bridge that I'm waiting under for ironturd to show up at lol

Reactions: liex26
No, no, no! In a Hawk fan's mind if the other guy scores more offensive points he is stalling because by scoring he isn't allowing the Hawk to score. It takes a bit to get your mind there, but read enough Hawk posts and an understanding of their logic becomes clear.
Certainly cradling up Desanto and showing him the lights twice while he was struggling with a phantom injury must have involved stalling on RBY’s part 😎

Certainly cradling up Desanto and showing him the lights twice while he was struggling with a phantom injury must have involved stalling on RBY’s part 😎
If RBY wasn't stalling he would have turned him before he was seriously injured.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Ja1339
When it comes to NIL, I would much prefer we take care of our own before throwing a wad of cash at a transfer.
I don;t think that is how NIL will work. Money won't come from PSU or the schools. It will come from outside companies.

RBY is doing pretty good... he’ll do even better by the end of the summer and he knows it. Just theatrics and creating demand. Besides he already has a bobble head night lined up with the Spikes!

Clifford made $100K last season and Roman is worth a lot more based on his accomplishments. But than it is Wrestling versus NCAA QB and the number of eye balls watching is King

Clifford made $100K last season and Roman is worth a lot more based on his accomplishments. But than it is Wrestling versus NCAA QB and the number of eye balls watching is King
RBY has 3.5x the followers on Instagram. Even Carter Starocci has more Instagram followers than Clifford. But they don’t play NCAA football. Clifford probably got NIL deals from tOSU and UM to come back for another year.

ADVERTISEMENT