ADVERTISEMENT

Skits SNL should do with Elon Musk this Saturday

PSU Soupy

Aug 3, 2008
1) Going on a date with Melinda Gates. Going on a date with McKenzie Bezos.....to show them what it is like to date a man with real money.

2) Musk interviewing people applying to fly to Mars.

3) Something with the Comedy Writers walking off the job.....due to Musk being the guest. Perhaps Musk using Artificial Intelligence to come up with his own skit or jokes.

The first SNL show I have been interested in, just because it is not an actor from some Netflix show that I do not know very well.....hard to make one of the kids on Stranger Things all that funny.

If SNL puts forth the effort, Musk could be pretty funny, and it could also be a train wreck, which would also be funny.

1) Going on a date with Melinda Gates. Going on a date with McKenzie Bezos.....to show them what it is like to date a man with real money.

3) Something with the Comedy Writers walking off the job.....due to Musk being the guest. Perhaps Musk using Artificial Intelligence to come up with his own skit or jokes.

The first SNL show I have been interested in, just because it is not an actor from some Netflix show that I do not know very well.....hard to make one of the kids on Stranger Things all that funny.

If SNL puts forth the effort, Musk could be pretty funny, and it could also be a train wreck, which would also be funny.
A spin off on Musk throwing a brick at a truck window. Maybe something about bitcoin.

That guy is weird AF. My guess is anything he does on the show will be very awkward. Maybe they'll do a skit in which Musk ridicules someone who rescued kids from a cave. Oh wait, that already happened.

amber-heard-elon-musk-5667a12c-21bb-4e4e-ba28-74f3fcc07636.jpg

Just tell us what this was like.....

SNL had become completely corporate even before PC mania hit. Now they're completely corporate and completely PC. Elon Musk is a billionaire business owner and yet he's still way more edgy than a comedy show that once prided itself on being edgy.

I remember the first time The Rock hosted SNL. Every week SNL would have some actor or actress host who I had never heard of. They'd obviously be having them host to promote their current movie rather than because the actor was, you know, a good comedy actor. Then they said The Rock was hosting the next week and I though "Geez, a professional wrestler, really, they have hit the bottom." Then the next week came and I watched the show and The Rock was way better than all the actors and actresses they had been having.

Elon Musk might suck as a host but at least SNL is taking a chance on something different, which is really rare for them these days. I'd rather watch "maybe suck but maybe not" rather then "definitely suck," which is their norm lately.

Reactions: PSU Soupy

They'll almost certainly do a 'The Bachelor' type skit I think (it's been a recurring skit for the past few years). I like how this is all on SNL though - when you get a non-actor, non-comedian to host your show, expectations should be low - do more digital skits where you can control the editing/final product, keep him to background characters in live skits. I think it's gonna suck personally but will watch because I like the show and don't typically care who the host is.

SNL had become completely corporate even before PC mania hit. Now they're completely corporate and completely PC. Elon Musk is a billionaire business owner and yet he's still way more edgy than a comedy show that once prided itself on being edgy.

I remember the first time The Rock hosted SNL. Every week SNL would have some actor or actress host who I had never heard of. They'd obviously be having them host to promote their current movie rather than because the actor was, you know, a good comedy actor. Then they said The Rock was hosting the next week and I though "Geez, a professional wrestler, really, they have hit the bottom." Then the next week came and I watched the show and The Rock was way better than all the actors and actresses they had been having.

Elon Musk might suck as a host but at least SNL is taking a chance on something different, which is really rare for them these days. I'd rather watch "maybe suck but maybe not" rather then "definitely suck," which is their norm lately.

Proof you don't watch. If you did, you would have seen how SNL attacked and made fun of HRC constantly during the 2016 election cycle. And how Colin Jost predicted Trump would win. Your personal bias notwithstanding, The Rock is excellent in everything he does because he puts in work. The Rock Obama is one of the best skits the show has done.

Proof you don't watch. If you did, you would have seen how SNL attacked and made fun of HRC constantly during the 2016 election cycle. And how Colin Jost predicted Trump would win. Your personal bias notwithstanding, The Rock is excellent in everything he does because he puts in work. The Rock Obama is one of the best skits the show has done.

Colin Jost does WU, not predictions. If he said Trump would win then it was very likely in the context of dismay.

I've gradually stopped watching over the last year or two. I was watching in 2016 and they treated Hilary with kid gloves, as most of the media did and still does. Having Kate McKinnon impersonate her isn't making fun of her. SNL rarely makes fun of corporate power or anyone associated with it. Elon Musk, who is himself a big corporate power, pokes more fun at corporate power than SNL does, which is why this weeks show interests me.

The Harvey Weinstein stuff personified the abuse of the powerful the elite...not just Weinstein himself but also the entire entertainment and media industry...and SNL did nothing on it except jokes about how men shouldn't abuse women, as if that wasn't something everyone has known for several decades. But the problem of course is that SNL is NBC, and NBC and its equivalents ARE the problem so naturally they can't make fun of it.

No matter who the guest host is I have always wanted to see a Celebrity Jeopardy Spin Off of the Food Ch. Chopped. They could do it with Musk, and characters playing Gates and Bazos.

And now in this basket: A loaf of white bread, a jar of peanut butter, a cup of grape jelly.....you have 20 minutes....go....

They'll almost certainly do a 'The Bachelor' type skit I think (it's been a recurring skit for the past few years). I like how this is all on SNL though - when you get a non-actor, non-comedian to host your show, expectations should be low - do more digital skits where you can control the editing/final product, keep him to background characters in live skits. I think it's gonna suck personally but will watch because I like the show and don't typically care who the host is.
Midnighter: You like the show because you do not wear DEEPLY RED sunglasses which affect your view of EVERYTHING. Read ANY thread on this Board (much less the Test Board) concerning Saturday Night Live, and you will discover a whole bunch of posters who are: (1) rooting for it to fail: (2) telling you how much it sucks, AND has sucked for years; (3) posting to express their ambivalence and/or ennui concerning SNL (which ambivalence and ennui are belied by the very fact that they are posting about it; usually repeatedly). Take one guess who they voted for in November 2020.

Midnighter: You like the show because you do not wear DEEPLY RED sunglasses which affect your view of EVERYTHING. Read ANY thread on this Board (much less the Test Board) concerning Saturday Night Live, and you will discover a whole bunch of posters who are: (1) rooting for it to fail: (2) telling you how much it sucks, AND has sucked for years; (3) posting to express their ambivalence and/or ennui concerning SNL (which ambivalence and ennui are belied by the very fact that they are posting about it; usually repeatedly). Take one guess who they voted for in November 2020.
Oh - they all watched super recently too - like 2016 in fact. 😙

I saw somewhere cast Will not need to be in skits if they don’t want to be in them with Musk. 🙄

Nice. I remember Nora Dunn quitting over Andrew ‘Dice’ Clay. Don’t remember too many fussing over Trump though.

Think about it, the SNL opposition to Musk is opposition to a successful African-American.

Musk is nothing without his FU money - easy to be super edgy when you can taunt the feds and hide behind your billions. For the record I like Musk and most of his antics.

Last edited:

I voted Libertarian in 2020, not because I'm a Libertarian but because I wanted my vote to be counted and I didn't want to vote for Trump or for the Democrats. If the GOP put up a sane candidate I'd have voted Republican for POTUS for the first time in my life in 2020. I voted for Hilary in 2016 and I'm ashamed of that. I voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012, although if I had it to do over again I might not have voted for him in 2012.

I've realized over the past couple years just how corrupt the system is. In 2012 at the White House Correspondents Dinner Obama went and poked fun at Trump, who was there and who was doing his "Obama fake birth certificate" schtick at the time. And the dinner turned out to be at the same time the SEALs were getting bin Laden. The story the media told about it was how bad Trump was for his birther stuff and how brave Obama was for being there and enduring Trump's nonsense and how it was especially brave since he had the bin Laden raid on his mind. I, foolishly, bought it hook, line and sinker.

But now I think to myself what should have been obvious at the time, that being, WHY IS THERE A WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENTS DINNER? What's the point? To get the media more power, that's the point. And why does the POTUS go to it and play footsie with the media? To get more power and to sweet talk the media so they give him better coverage. Those things should have been part of the story too, along with the fact that it was especially bad for a POTUS to go to it DURING AN IMPORTANT MILITARY EVENT SINCE HE IS THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF!!! The media is supposed to be a watchdog of power, not accrue power for itself.

All of that, in addition to pointing out what a numnutz Trump was for doing the birther stuff, should have been the story, but the media just focused on Trump.

ETA: I watched SNL consistently through 2019 or so. It's only in the last year or two that I faded away from it. I'll watch it with Musk this weekend, although my expectations are high. The fact that SNL chose Alec Baldwin over Darrell Hammond to play Trump says a lot.

One obvious idea is to have a skit that takes advantage of the fact that Elon Musk is literally an African American but does not look like what people think of when they hear African American. But my guess is that they'll consider such an idea too dangerous, which is silly but it's how things are nowadays.

One obvious idea is to have a skit that takes advantage of the fact that Elon Musk is literally an African American but does not look like what people think of when they hear African American. But my guess is that they'll consider such an idea too dangerous, which is silly but it's how things are nowadays.
Maybe he and fellow African American Charlize Theron can do something together....

September-2003-Charlize-attended-press-event-London.jpg

Musk needs to do an NPR spoof called "pocket rockets" or something like that.

A skit with Musk and “Rocket Man” Kim Jung Un and Elton John - maybe a dating game

Reactions: LionDeNittany

I think Musk has hair implants or something. If you look at pictures of him when he was young he was losing hair then.

Oh for sure. This is a meme. It is meant to be funny not factual.

On that same note, look at the Rock from 12 years ago in that SNL skit vs today and compare the size of his head. The guy has a massive issue with steroids.

LdN

Maybe he and fellow African American Charlize Theron can do something together....

September-2003-Charlize-attended-press-event-London.jpg
Smoke show. That's all that comes into my mind when I see her photo. Not her politics (whatever they may be), her latest film (some of them are quite forgettable, notwithstanding her presence in them), or her relationship status.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT