Sinema in speech at McConnell Center says 60-vote Senate threshold should be restored

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
I agree with Ms. Sinema. Fix what Harry Reid f'd up.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3661307-sinema-60-vote-senate-threshold-should-be-restored/

Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) on Monday said the Senate should reinstate the 60-vote threshold for all judicial and executive branch nominees.

Sinema made the comments during a Q&A session following a speech at the McConnell Center at the University of Louisville. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) introduced the Arizona moderate at the event.

“Not only am I committed to the 60-vote threshold, I have an incredibly unpopular view. I actually think we should restore the 60-vote threshold for the areas in which it has been eliminated already. We should restore it,” Sinema said to cheers from some attendees.

“Not everyone likes that,” Sinema continued to laughs, “because it would make it harder for us to confirm judges and it would make it harder for us to confirm executive appointments in each administration, but I believe that if we did restore it, we would see more of that middle ground in all parts of our governance, which is what, I believe, our forefathers intended.”

The 60-vote threshold for non-Supreme Court judicial nominations and executive branch nominees was ended when then-Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) and Senate Democrats invoked the so-called “nuclear option” in 2013. McConnell and Republicans went a step further and did so for Supreme Court nominees in 2017 during the confirmation process of Justice Neil Gorsuch.

Pardlion

Nov 10, 2014

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3661307-sinema-60-vote-senate-threshold-should-be-restored/

Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) on Monday said the Senate should reinstate the 60-vote threshold for all judicial and executive branch nominees.

Sinema made the comments during a Q&A session following a speech at the McConnell Center at the University of Louisville. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) introduced the Arizona moderate at the event.

“Not only am I committed to the 60-vote threshold, I have an incredibly unpopular view. I actually think we should restore the 60-vote threshold for the areas in which it has been eliminated already. We should restore it,” Sinema said to cheers from some attendees.

“Not everyone likes that,” Sinema continued to laughs, “because it would make it harder for us to confirm judges and it would make it harder for us to confirm executive appointments in each administration, but I believe that if we did restore it, we would see more of that middle ground in all parts of our governance, which is what, I believe, our forefathers intended.”

The 60-vote threshold for non-Supreme Court judicial nominations and executive branch nominees was ended when then-Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) and Senate Democrats invoked the so-called “nuclear option” in 2013. McConnell and Republicans went a step further and did so for Supreme Court nominees in 2017 during the confirmation process of Justice Neil Gorsuch.
Boy did Harry Reid shit the bed on this one.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Boy did Harry Reid shit the bed on this one.

Yeah he did................ He's a f'ing idiot.

201108201852-barrett-kavanaugh-gorsuch-split-super-tease.jpg

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state

Note she is saying that just the 🤡 party is about to lose the Senate.

Last edited:

Sullivan

Nov 24, 2001
If the D's were smart, they'd push out the older D Supreme Court justices and nominate new ones (when the can). There is no way that they hold the White House and Senate beyond 2024.

Based upon their ages, you can bet that a few of them will retire by 2028.

Fortunately, most of the D's aren't smart.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
If the D's were smart, they'd push out the older D Supreme Court justices and nominate new ones (when the can). There is no way that they hold the White House and Senate beyond 2024.

Based upon their ages, you can bet that a few of them will retire by 2028.

Fortunately, most of the D's aren't smart.
Too late now. They will the Senate in three weeks. Couldn’t do it even if one dies now.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Note she is saying that just the 🤡 party is about to lose the Senate.

That could certainly be one interpretation. I wouldn't put it past most of the lunatics on the left. I think she's genuine though. May be wrong.

One thing is for certain. Harry Reid did his very best to DESTROY OUR CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
That could certainly be one interpretation. I wouldn't put it past most of the lunatics on the left. I think she's genuine though. May be wrong.

One thing is for certain. Harry Reid did his very best to DESTROY OUR CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC.
Did she oppose or speak out years ago? Or is this a recent relegation? Did she have this position when she ran?

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Did she oppose or speak out years ago? Or is this a recent relegation? Did she have this position when she ran?

Well, she's certainly had that position since the lunatics started running the asylum.

Who knows, perhaps without her the lunatics would have further destroyed our constitutional republic?

Sinema cites "disease of division," says she won't support changing filibuster rules​

https://www.axios.com/2022/01/13/kirsten-sinema-filibuster-senate

But here is an interesting read............ Historically, she thought 60 votes created a "false pressure"....

https://www.businessinsider.com/video-kyrsten-sinema-slammed-the-filibuster-she-now-supports-2021-6

Note that it came to light because an extreme leftwing group was pissed she wasn't towing the progressive line.

Reactions: The Spin Meister

Darth_VadEER

Dec 14, 2010

She's right...

Latest posts