ADVERTISEMENT

Since nobody is talking about the game tomorrow...

JWB389

May 16, 2017
I will start.

The weather is shaping up to be crap. Rain in the AM, chance of showers during the game, gusty winds all day.
IU is coming off a bye week.
They are also having a backup QB lovefest. Rumor has it they MAY look to use their freshman QB, Dexter Williams, II.
I haven't read this here, so I apologize if this is old news. It seemed at least early on that we were doing fairly well this year on the injury front. Read on another site that we have been suddenly stung by the inury bug, particularly along the OL. Beware!

Reactions: Jerry
I was gonna make the short trip for me, but I am going to the deer stand instead.

I will start.

The weather is shaping up to be crap. Rain in the AM, chance of showers during the game, gusty winds all day.
They are also having a backup QB lovefest. Rumor has it they MAY look to use their freshman QB, Dexter Williams, II.
I haven't read this here, so I apologize if this is old news. It seemed at least early on that we were doing fairly well this year on the injury front. Read on another site that we have been suddenly stung by the inury bug, particularly along the OL. Beware!
Wind may be an issue but winds will improve throughout the game (i.e. it will be worst at kickoff). Rain is less likely during the game than before it. Not saying weather couldn't be a factor, but I think PSU's running game can do some damage if it is too windy to pass effectively. Short passes to TE can also be effective in the wind.

Tengwall has been out since UM (hurt in warmups).

Olu got hurt last week, but pretty sure he walked off under his own power. He didn't practice during the open session this week. No idea if he will play or not.

IU's defense isn't as good as it has been in past years.

PSU still obviously has to show up and execute but even with the weather and OL injuries, they should be OK.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Wind may be an issue but winds will improve throughout the game (i.e. it will be worst at kickoff). Rain is less likely during the game than before it. Not saying weather couldn't be a factor, but I think PSU's running game can do some damage if it is too windy to pass effectively. Short passes to TE can also be effective in the wind.

Olu got hurt last week, but pretty sure he walked off under his own power. He didn't practice during the open session this week. No idea if he will play or not.

PSU still obviously has to show up and execute but even with the weather and OL injuries, they should be OK.
I think we can all agree….Wind BLOWS!

I swear I read somewhere that somebody else on the OL was not practicing. Now I can't remember who and I can't fnd the article.

Also forgot to mention, IU lost their best WR to injury.

Reactions: NedFromYork
I will start.

I also believe IU lost their top WR; Cam Camper. He had 46 receptions for 569 yards. What kind of impact is this? Our top WR is Parker Washington who has had 41 receptions for 567 yards.

I swear I read somewhere that somebody else on the OL was not practicing. Now I can't remember who and I can't fnd the article.

Also forgot to mention, IU lost their best WR to injury.

Wormley maybe out, Wallace probably returning might be what you saw. Think I read it too.

Game start time will probably be closer to 345 as OSU vs NW is the noon game. I can see that game going a bit long if OSU puts up a ton of points. The longer it goes the better the weather should be

Going to be watching the GA/TN game, may switch over if I see something interesting on the ticker. Then on to red stick for UA/LSU. Great double-header, hope it doesn't disappoint.

As suspected, you are not a PSU fan.
Make up your mind. You have stated to other posters more than once that you were absolutely positive I was a PSU fan. Were you wrong then or wrong now? Got to be one or the other.

Not that it matters what you think about my preferences. And this weekend my preferences are to watch some excellent football games with great coaches on the sidelines. Sure as hell won't find that in the ABC 3:30 time slot. I'm confident my preferences will have 0 effect on the outcome.

Reactions: Fac
Make up your mind. You have stated to other posters more than once that you were absolutely positive I was a PSU fan. Were you wrong then or wrong now? Got to be one or the other.

Not that it matters what you think about my preferences. And this weekend my preferences are to watch some excellent football games with great coaches on the sidelines. Sure as hell won't find that in the ABC 3:30 time slot. I'm confident my preferences will have 0 effect on the outcome.
You pay way to much attention to what I post if you are recalling posts of mine from months ago.

I should have said you are not a TRUE Penn State fans (when I said you were a fan early, I meant you are not a troll like some on here).

I cannot imagine not watching a PSU game to watch any other game (even in any other sport).

There is at least one great coach on the sideline in the 3:30 ABC time slot.

But I agree what you watch does not affect the outcome of the game. Enjoy watching the Hillbilly Bowl.

You pay way to much attention to what I post if you are recalling posts of mine from months ago.

I should have said you are not a TRUE Penn State fans (when I said you were a fan early, I meant you are not a troll like some on here).

I cannot imagine not watching a PSU game to watch any other game (even in any other sport).

There is at least one great coach on the sideline in the 3:30 ABC time slot.

But I agree what you watch does not affect the outcome of the game. Enjoy watching the Hillbilly Bowl.
You seem to have a problem with people that pay attention. I can understand why.

No one here gets to define what makes a person a "TRUE" fan. You as well as others can express your opinion but it means jack shit even if others might agree. You know very little about others and their motivations aside from your assumptions.

Great coaches do not own the worst start ever for their programs.

Just to try and break up the nutso string of posts in this thread, here is my prediction...

Penn State 35, Indiana 16. And it won't be that close.

PSU gets the running game going and Indy can't stop it. Allar plays a series in the Second Qtr and almost all of the fourth. PSU gains over 175 yards on the ground. We throw for 240 with 3 TDs and one INT.

PSU defense gets three take aways.

The board hails CJF for making adjustments between tOSU and Indiana game while others wonder why he didn't make those adjustments before tOSU.

I will start.

I'll go with PSU 38 - IU 13.

You seem to have a problem with people that pay attention. I can understand why.
Why is that? Because I have a life and don't dwell on a message board? LOL.
No one here gets to define what makes a person a "TRUE" fan.
I'd be happy to buy you a beer if you do a poll and find that more than 50% of people would call a "true fan" someone who watches a different game than their own team's. I'm guessing most people agree with me on that one.
You as well as others can express your opinion but it means jack shit even if others might agree. You know very little about others and their motivations aside from your assumptions.
Fans of their teams watch their teams play whenever possible. If you have to miss a game due to work or a family commitment or whatever, I get that. But choosing to watch another game over PSU means there is nothing "fanatical" about how you feel towards PSU.
Great coaches do not own the worst start ever for their programs.
How many PSU coaches have have had to coach through a global pandemic? How many PSU coaches have played a conference only schedule?

Also, that whole "worst start thing" in nonsense. They didn't have their worst ever season. And they didn't play and non-conference games. So it's comparing apples and oranges. And for historians out there, in 1931 Bob Higgins only avoided starting 0-9 because they played powerhouse Lebanon Valley in week 2

IU will sell out to stop the run. I can see the receivers having a big day and opening up the running attack later in the game. PSU 35 - 14.

I will start.

Hope they go with Dexter Williams, I,II or III. Or all of them. They or he will meet other freshmen named Carter, DDS, .......

Reactions: royboy
I will start.

Weather forecast shows sunny and mid 60s for the game.

Reactions: GregInPitt
Just to try and break up the nutso string of posts in this thread, here is my prediction...

Penn State 35, Indiana 16. And it won't be that close.

PSU gets the running game going and Indy can't stop it. Allar plays a series in the Second Qtr and almost all of the fourth. PSU gains over 175 yards on the ground. We throw for 240 with 3 TDs and one INT.

PSU defense gets three take aways.

The board hails CJF for making adjustments between tOSU and Indiana game while others wonder why he didn't make those adjustments before tOSU.

I could see that happening. This could be a relatively comfortable win if PSU gets their run game going given Indiana’s offensive issues and some possible questionable weather.

Weather forecast shows sunny and mid 60s for the game.
I'm seeing light rain and 18 mph wind at start to no rain and 14 mph as it progresses. Either way, I think we'll win but not so sure about covering. The OL injuries have me concerned.

I could see that happening. This could be a relatively comfortable win if PSU gets their run game going given Indiana’s offensive issues and some possible questionable weather.
Penn state will make it a game with indiana in it until the end

I'm seeing light rain and 18 mph wind at start to no rain and 14 mph as it progresses. Either way, I think we'll win but not so sure about covering. The OL injuries have me concerned.
Yep, raining now, tapering to 40% chance at 4 PM, then no rain after that. If we are lucky there might not be much rain during the start of the game, but the field will likely be pretty wet.

Reactions: psu00
Going to be watching the GA/TN game, may switch over if I see something interesting on the ticker. Then on to red stick for UA/LSU. Great double-header, hope it doesn't disappoint.
Can tell you now, nothing interesting will happen during the PSU game. Don’t even bother. And don‘t watch any video or read about it. That way, no matter what happens, we can all have a week without endless posts about how terrible the staff is followed by eternal back-n-forth insult threads.

Can tell you now, nothing interesting will happen during the PSU game. Don’t even bother. And don‘t watch any video or read about it. That way, no matter what happens, we can all have a week without endless posts about how terrible the staff is followed by eternal back-n-forth insult threads.
Don’t think I’ve ever met a real Penn State fan who would rather watch another game…must be a new type of “fandom”. I wonder if he will spend all of his time on the Tennessee or Georgia message board instead of this one.

Yes I see the rain forecast now, I must have been looking at yesterday's forecast. I don't think we cover the spread but feel confident we can win. I am also concerned about the O-Line injuries, not a big strength and now depleted.

Reactions: Online Persona
Yes I see the rain forecast now, I must have been looking at yesterday's forecast. I don't think we cover the spread but feel confident we can win. I am also concerned about the O-Line injuries, not a big strength and now depleted.
I see them on the internet over on the panther lair.

NW 7 OSU 0
They are running on them.

While these games generally have separation in the second half, most of today's games imply we faced the worse half of the Big Ten already ex UM oSU and we may be challenged more than we think to close out the season.

PSU struggled vs NW in bad weather and now a lot of our OL is injured.

Weather can be an equalizer.

Don’t think I’ve ever met a real Penn State fan who would rather watch another game…must be a new type of “fandom”. I wonder if he will spend all of his time on the Tennessee or Georgia message board instead of this one.
"Real Penn State fans" also like college football
There's a huge difference between real fans and those that hate college football and root for Penn State out of habit.

If it doesn’t matter why did you respond and complain. Make up your mind.

There's a huge difference between real fans and those that hate college football and root for Penn State out of habit.
Maybe but you aren't a Penn State fan. It's been noted by many already.

Maybe but you aren't a Penn State fan. It's been noted by many already.
Do you like college football? If you do, even as a Penn State game, you want to see as much of Georgia-Tennessee as possible. Unfortunately they're on at the same time so many us will be watching as much of both as possible.

Honestly, Penn State vs. Indiana is interesting in what way? Both teams are eliminated from the playoff. Just another game for pride the first weekend of November.

Do you like college football? If you do, even as a Penn State game, you want to see as much of Georgia-Tennessee as possible. Unfortunately they're on at the same time so many us will be watching as much of both as possible.

Honestly, Penn State vs. Indiana is interesting in what way? Both teams are eliminated from the playoff. Just another game for pride the first weekend of November.
I don't have comments on anything other than you have proven yourself to many that you are not a PSU fan.

Have you ever heard of a VCR? 🤷🏼‍♀️Or 🤷🏼‍CD? Or TIVO? 🤦🏿‍♀️ Go find a twelve year old to explain it to you....🤷🏼‍♀️

I love college football and I watch a ton of it…before and after PSU games, I don’t watch other games instead of PSU games and I don’t know any other PSU fan who does.

I love college football and I watch a ton of it…before and after PSU games, I don’t watch other games instead of PSU games and I don’t know any other PSU fan who does.
What game is better? Indiana-Penn State or Tennessee-Georgia?
I'll be watching both live--thankfully it's not 1950 and that's an option we have

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT