ADVERTISEMENT

Silly Rumors Season

@smalls103 has been doing this exact thing for awhile now. "Crystal ball rankings"

In case you don't have a Rokfin account, he had Amos at 5th in his 1st installment for this coming year.

Yup - that needs to undergo a little bit of revision (all in favor of Iowa)

1. Kemerer is coming back (he did have Kennedy as an 8th place finisher but I imagine he can't have Kemerer slotted any lower than 2nd since Labs is 2nd right now)
2. He had SVN slotted to finish 5th and not to discount he has the talent to do that if he can get his defense and handfighting significantly improved in the room in short time but that's pretty generous after some recent free results.
3. Maybe he wants to move Murin up a little bit after finding out he wrestled the postseason with mono and was close to AA'ing.

On PSUs side:
1. RoHo is out for the year now, this won't be significant since he was 15th on Willie's ranking anyways.
2. Max Dean to 197 for PSU ... where to slot him though? My guess is Willie will be conservative and probably have him similar to around where Beard is.
3. Like I said, probably take SVN out of AA'ing for now. If anything, after how Bartlett looked at Junior Nationals you have a better case at putting him 5th (not saying that's right either)

All in all - it makes sense. you guys should be the favorite right now after winning last year with Bull MFF'ing out but I imagine Cael has a few tricks up his sleeve for next year. Should be a ton of fun!

Last edited:
You know you've been insulted when your man card gets questioned by a chick like Cali. Lol.
Hey, you can’t talk about Cali that way! He is an aggressive man, no doubt about it. Commercial construction does that to a man, especially when he is a Foreman. You can call him chick all you wants, but you have no clue what he does on a daily basis to help improve this country. He has fortitudes in his intestines that he will never share with you. And that's ok. A Kate Spade is a Kate Spade as they say.

giphy.gif

Hey, you can’t talk about Cali that way! He is an aggressive man, no doubt about it. Commercial construction does that to a man, especially when he is a Foreman. You can call him chick all you wants, but you have no clue what he does on a daily basis to help improve this country. He has fortitudes in his intestines that he will never share with you. And that's ok. A Kate Spade is a Kate Spade as they say.

f089b3f5045557f987b5ce90c3ea0609786fcd0e.jpg
Hey, you can’t talk about Cali that way! He is an aggressive man, no doubt about it. Commercial construction does that to a man, especially when he is a Foreman. You can call him chick all you wants, but you have no clue what he does on a daily basis to help improve this country. He has fortitudes in his intestines that he will never share with you. And that's ok. A Kate Spade is a Kate Spade as they

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Yup - that needs to undergo a little bit of revision (all in favor of Iowa)

1. Kemerer is coming back (he did have Kennedy as an 8th place finisher but I imagine he can't have Kemerer slotted any lower than 2nd since Labs is 2nd right now)
2. He had SVN slotted to finish 5th and not to discount he has the talent to do that if he can get his defense and handfighting significantly improved in the room in short time but that's pretty generous after some recent free results.
3. Maybe he wants to move Murin up a little bit after finding out he wrestled the postseason with mono and was close to AA'ing.

On PSUs side:
1. RoHo is out for the year now, this won't be significant since he was 15th on Willie's ranking anyways.
2. Max Dean to 197 for PSU ... where to slot him though? My guess is Willie will be conservative and probably have him similar to around where Beard is.
3. Like I said, probably take SVN out of AA'ing for now. If anything, after how Bartlett looked at Junior Nationals you have a better case at putting him 5th (not saying that's right either)

All in all - it makes sense. you guys should be the favorite right now after winning last year with Bull MFF'ing out but I imagine Cael has a few tricks up his sleeve for next year. Should be a ton of fun!

Agreed with everything, particularly the bolded points. And, unless he goes on a SERIOUS weight lifting binge, AND Nick Lee goes 149, he's not cracking the lineup unless someone gets injured. BB looked MUCH bigger at Junior WTTs than he did earlier in the year, and the SVN who wrestled 138/63kg isn't beating either of those dudes for 141 or 149.

Agreed with everything, particularly the bolded points. And, unless he goes on a SERIOUS weight lifting binge, AND Nick Lee goes 149, he's not cracking the lineup unless someone gets injured. BB looked MUCH bigger at Junior WTTs than he did earlier in the year, and the SVN who wrestled 138/63kg isn't beating either of those dudes for 141 or 149.
We cannot afford a hole at 149 next year. That weight has been frustrating for PSU post Zain. We had a sucked down Berge then Verk and then an undersized Bartlett who you could tell didn't really plan to go that weight until it was time for the post season actually.

That weight class is very ripe for points picking. Yianni obviously would be the heavy favorite if he went up but then it's Sasso (AOC is going 157) who showed he's not some juggernaut either (really should have lost to Parco) but here are some prime examples of why it's open:
-Ridge Lovett was a 5 seed in that class ... Murin with mono was better than him except for one 6 point toss and then he proceeds to get pinned by one of the Finesilver brothers
-Murin almost made the semifinals with mono
-4th placer Boo Lewallen really lost to Josh Heil before the worst reffing decision I've ever seen
-Yahya Thomas placed 3rd from the 25th seed and he was the reason Beau didn't make the tournament.
-Millner who AA'ed got pinned by redshirting freshman Hunter Lewis (who Beau pinned at Juniors)
-Abas got pinned by the alternate (Hunsaker) who got in over Beau
-Parco was the backup 141 for Fresno then gets 6th

It's a weight where PSU has a ton of pride (Molinaro and Zain combines for 4 titles and then obviously JE's epic run) ... it's time for PSU to make noise at that weight again.

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw
We cannot afford a hole at 149 next year. That weight has been frustrating for PSU post Zain. We had a sucked down Berge then Verk and then an undersized Bartlett who you could tell didn't really plan to go that weight until it was time for the post season actually.

That weight class is very ripe for points picking.

I thought 149 was the worst weight class both before and after NCAAs last year. I have now way of proving it, but I'd be willing to bet that both Nick Lee and Jaydin Eierman could beat Sammy Sasso and maybe AOC. I wouldn't have said that about any other weight class.

Even with Yianni purportedly moving up and Sasso staying in place at 149, there are a lot of points for the taking. I think if BB is rolling with Nick and Cody regularly, and they make Zain beat the tar out of him once a week, he'll take the spot (again, provided N. Lee isn't there) pretty comfortably. He lost to the guys who took 2nd and 3rd at NCAAs 5-3 and 7-5 (SV-1). He doesn't give up "bad" points and really just suffered from giving up a lot of weight to more experienced competition.

Posted on another site less than 36 htmrs ago. Any bite to the Beard rumor? Would make sense adding Dean at 197.

“Figured it's easier to streamline this on a single thread. Here's what I got so far. Please add. Want to see what comes to fruition.”

- Wick to Cal Poly
- Griffith joining his sister at PSU
- Beard is getting knee surgery
- Suriano going back to PSU (yup, silly, but it's out there)
- Austin Gomez talking w/Iowa
Spencer Lee into the transfer portal !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT