ADVERTISEMENT

Silly Rumors Season

Rumors:

@spyker will make a return on BWI

At the annual summer board retreat a new cheesecake flavor will be created
Us getting together again in person is a very good sign we are over this scourge.

When we get together this summer, please remind me of the retreat location, is it McLean in Massachusetts, Bellevue in NY or Western Psyc in Pennsylvania. We always need a place that can handle us and the Big10 schedule rotation always confuses me. :rolleyes:

Rumors:

@mrbrooks will admit to mixing lemonade and ice tea as his preferred summer drink. Shrinking his like/post ratio
Dunk just started a rumor that John Brooks will suffer shrinkage this summer.

homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

I would tell you to just take the Suriano rumor out all together because of how outrageous it is if it was anybody but bopper1988 who posted it. The dude has been lights out with his NJ news and no I don't think it'll happen but it won't be because he suddenly decided to mess with us (he has a great track record)

-He called Suriano to Rutgers in 2017 and was basically laughed at for 2 months until it was true
-He hinted Seabass was going to transfer to Rutgers basically months ahead of time
-He originally said SVN is probably going to Cornell and then jumped in the "Secret Recruit" (which was a troll thread about the Nevills baby) that he actually heard he's leaning PSU. Interestingly enough, Van Ness confirmed he wasn't feeling PSU at first but changed his mind (matching bopper's story to a T)
-Not as big news but he also called Busiello to Penn State about 2 weeks before it happened

Bottom line, he didn't say the words "done deal" he said IF he wrestles again in college there is a GOOD CHANCE it'll be for Penn State meaning there probably has at least been talks with somebody with ties to the program. Also, the poster on 247 who has been sharing Griffith news (seems like he knows some people with ties to BC) said he heard some interesting things about Suriano and Brantt (credible poster) followed it up by saying worth paying attention to.

If I had to guess, I think Suriano never wrestles again in college though.
I do not think Nick S will wrestle in college again, If he does, he goes 125 to knock off Spencer. On that note I think Nick is the only one that would have a chance to beat Spencer

Reactions: Ranger Dan
New Rumor: Gary Steen will be PSU's 125 next year because Howard needs surgery.

New Rumor: Gary Steen will be PSU's 125 next year because Howard needs surgery.
Suriano wants to cement his "legacy". Comes to PSU at 125 to deny Spenser his fourth. PSU with eight champs next year....Suriano, RBY, N. Lee, Wyck, Cstar, Brooks, Dean, Kerk (Stevson does not return to college...healthy Kerk beats Cassipolli in final).

Suriano wants to cement his "legacy". Comes to PSU at 125 to deny Spenser his fourth. PSU with eight champs next year....Suriano, RBY, N. Lee, Wyck, Cstar, Brooks, Dean, Kerk (Stevson does not return to college...healthy Kerk beats Cassipolli in final).
Accordingly, we're getting Dellavecchia also so make that 9 (can you imagine the jump he makes with Casey coaching him and his room partners?) .... I also think Bartlett wins Junior World Golds and those wrestlers always make a jump so let's make it 10. So that's 200 points before bonus.

Reactions: Dogwelder
He’d need 32 guns to make a bold statement like that! :)
Not necessarily. If you recall he offered to meet anyone in the parking lot who challenged his previous prediction of needing 8 scoring wrestlers. Apparently he doesn’t need any guns. 😉

Well one thing I can say. After the elation of hoisting his 4th national champ in the air, it was the closest I have seen Cael to expressing outward frustration in a long time.

He was definitely steamed that a team with 4 champs couldn't win a team championship. We all know we were barely a whisker away. Had Bo B wrestled up all year, had Verk gone instead, and had Berge not gone down to injury, had Howard had more time on the matt, had Joe been the Joe of 2019/20, had Kerk not been thrust back in maybe before he was ready, we would have secured those 15 points and then some.

We lost because of a few glaring Holes in the lineup, and bad karma hitting us across many weights in a strange season.

No I don't think Cael has gone on a transfer recruiting binge, but hell yes the door is open to any stud who wants to lace them up and compete for a position.

We will gain a lot of points with the kids we have just one year better, but I doubt all of these remaining rumors are just that.

We will see at least one new face in the mix to compete for 157 or 165. If it turns out to be the Claw and Joe when the dust settles, they will have earned it and will be the better for it next year.
No doubt. The fans may have been happy with the four individual titles. Cael definitely not. You better get it done or he’ll find someone who will. He wants to be the goat coach and he ain’t effn around. I love it.

Reactions: nitlion6
Johnstownsteel has been welcomed back to HR with open arms. And they're going to spell Cael's name correctly. They're turning a new leaf over there.
Where you hearing this at? I'm not sure it's troof considering I still get this message when I log in there....

You have been banned for the following reason: Rules violations.

I’m not sure where to post it, so I’ll file it under a rumor.

On Wrestlestat, they have Joe Lee starting at 157 and Facundo at 165. Anybody have any info on this or is it pure speculation?

Wrestlestat is interesting in this sense. They seem to be the one entity willing to post their opinion based upon the best information they have, and their expertise, well before we see it on the mat where it will be 100% confirmed.

I like that they are willing to do so. Flo tends towards the opposite. Where much of their content is based upon show me first, especially with rankings. In short Flos rankings are for the most part A has beat B head to head so A is ranked higher, no shit Sherlock rankings.

I really would like Rokfin (Willie this is right up your alley), Flo, WS, Openmat, someone to post maybe a second set of 'expert opinion' based projected end of season rankings combined with stats so that for instance when you have inbound freshmen hammers they use judgement to rank them 'accurately' preseason as well. Look at where they all have Braxton Amos for instance, the rankings are totally worthless in this respect. I say he takes out Ferrari, but there should be no way in hell that kid doesn't get the benefit of someone willing to stick their neck out with a preseason projected end of season ranking. At the very least he should be top 10. WS is mathematically based so they have him at #130. but at least they are up front about this limitation. Flo says 'show me first' but then that ultimately means their accounting department can do the rankings. All that wrestling expertise but no guts to put it to the test and publish.

Back to WS's starting lineup projections. They also have Steen starring at 125 and Dean at 197. Neither of those are givens by any stretch. Shunk could beat Steen, Beard could beat Dean, I doubt Brooks moves up and Dean stays at 184 but at least it's possible. Heck even Barraclough might beat Lee if he drops. At least with WS we can test the scenarios and they post some thought provocative content. Good for conversation on these boards.

Reactions: kevin310 and Ja1339
They also have all of our returning national champions ranked no higher than 2nd in their respective weight classes.

RBY, who beat #s 1, 2, 5, 6, 7 and 8 in the last two seasons and is the defending NC: 4th.

Nick Lee, who beat #s 1, 5, 7 and 10 in the last two seasons and is the defending NC: 2nd

CStar, who beat #s 1, 6, 7, 9, and 11 last year alone and is the defending NC: 5th(!).

Aaron Brooks, who beat #s 3, 4, 6, and 10 last year alone and is the defending NC: 2nd.

I understand that they attempt to use a statistical model to rank people based on past performances. But, when I see a guy who is a 6th year senior who has diminished in performance every year (2nd, 4th, 5th) at a weight 17lbs below his current weight, ranked ahead of Carter Starocci, I have to scratch my head. The algorithm needs to be adjusted.

Wrestlestat is interesting in this sense. They seem to be the one entity willing to post their opinion based upon the best information they have, and their expertise, well before we see it on the mat where it will be 100% confirmed.

I like that they are willing to do so. Flo tends towards the opposite. Where much of their content is based upon show me first, especially with rankings. In short Flos rankings are for the most part A has beat B head to head so A is ranked higher, no shit Sherlock rankings.

I really would like Rokfin (Willie this is right up your alley), Flo, WS, Openmat, someone to post maybe a second set of 'expert opinion' based projected end of season rankings combined with stats so that for instance when you have inbound freshmen hammers they use judgement to rank them 'accurately' preseason as well. Look at where they all have Braxton Amos for instance, the rankings are totally worthless in this respect. I say he takes out Ferrari, but there should be no way in hell that kid doesn't get the benefit of someone willing to stick their neck out with a preseason projected end of season ranking. At the very least he should be top 10. WS is mathematically based so they have him at #130. but at least they are up front about this limitation. Flo says 'show me first' but then that ultimately means their accounting department can do the rankings. All that wrestling expertise but no guts to put it to the test and publish.

Back to WS's starting lineup projections. They also have Steen starring at 125 and Dean at 197. Neither of those are givens by any stretch. Shunk could beat Steen, Beard could beat Dean, I doubt Brooks moves up and Dean stays at 184 but at least it's possible. Heck even Barraclough might beat Lee if he drops. At least with WS we can test the scenarios and they post some thought provocative content. Good for conversation on these boards.

I haven't seen him post in a while but @andegre is a frickin genius.

I really would like Rokfin (Willie this is right up your alley), Flo, WS, Openmat, someone to post maybe a second set of 'expert opinion' based projected end of season rankings combined with stats so that for instance when you have inbound freshmen hammers they use judgement to rank them 'accurately' preseason as well.

@smalls103 has been doing this exact thing for awhile now. "Crystal ball rankings"

In case you don't have a Rokfin account, he had Amos at 5th in his 1st installment for this coming year.

Reactions: kevin310
ADVERTISEMENT