ADVERTISEMENT

Silly Rumors Season

Ian

Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
State College, Pa
Posted on another site less than 36 htmrs ago. Any bite to the Beard rumor? Would make sense adding Dean at 197.

“Figured it's easier to streamline this on a single thread. Here's what I got so far. Please add. Want to see what comes to fruition.”

- Wick to Cal Poly
- Griffith joining his sister at PSU
- Beard is getting knee surgery
- Suriano going back to PSU (yup, silly, but it's out there)
- Austin Gomez talking w/Iowa

Any others of note?

While we're throwing crap at the wall...

Dellavecchia to PSU for final year of eligibility (bc why not? 🤷‍♂️)
David Carr to PSU to join all his buddies (he was in Philly with his dad recently....there has to be a direct connection :rolleyes: )
Wick to PSU as well (it's his childhood dream and Mineo said so)

I would tell you to just take the Suriano rumor out all together because of how outrageous it is if it was anybody but bopper1988 who posted it. The dude has been lights out with his NJ news and no I don't think it'll happen but it won't be because he suddenly decided to mess with us (he has a great track record)

-He called Suriano to Rutgers in 2017 and was basically laughed at for 2 months until it was true
-He hinted Seabass was going to transfer to Rutgers basically months ahead of time
-He originally said SVN is probably going to Cornell and then jumped in the "Secret Recruit" (which was a troll thread about the Nevills baby) that he actually heard he's leaning PSU. Interestingly enough, Van Ness confirmed he wasn't feeling PSU at first but changed his mind (matching bopper's story to a T)
-Not as big news but he also called Busiello to Penn State about 2 weeks before it happened

Bottom line, he didn't say the words "done deal" he said IF he wrestles again in college there is a GOOD CHANCE it'll be for Penn State meaning there probably has at least been talks with somebody with ties to the program. Also, the poster on 247 who has been sharing Griffith news (seems like he knows some people with ties to BC) said he heard some interesting things about Suriano and Brantt (credible poster) followed it up by saying worth paying attention to.

If I had to guess, I think Suriano never wrestles again in college though.

Last edited:
Posted on another site less than 36 htmrs ago. Any bite to the Beard rumor? Would make sense adding Dean at 197.

“Figured it's easier to streamline this on a single thread. Here's what I got so far. Please add. Want to see what comes to fruition.”

- Wick to Cal Poly
- Griffith joining his sister at PSU
- Beard is getting knee surgery
- Suriano going back to PSU (yup, silly, but it's out there)
- Austin Gomez talking w/Iowa

Any others of note?

We already got word from about as good as a source you can get, no knee surgery for Beard.

While we're throwing crap at the wall...

Dellavecchia to PSU for final year of eligibility (bc why not? 🤷‍♂️)
David Carr to PSU to join all his buddies (he was in Philly with his dad recently....there has to be a direct connection :rolleyes: )
Wick to PSU as well (it's his childhood dream and Mineo said so)

That wasn't an original idea about Wick from Mineo (of course). He got it from Wick's mom's instagram.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
@SeamusGQuaker said 3 transfers possibly coming in to help at

157 (???) Man of mystery
165 (??? but Griffith/Wick would make sense here)
197 (Max Dean confirmed)

Oh and just for fun - allegedly DeSanto has been kicked off of the Iowa team even though he was at the team celebration at Kinnick and had done interviews about being on the team next year. He's doing an amazing job hiding it!

Mineo ... he literally just threw it out there. It's a new low even for him to just make something up about a kid's health.
I don’t think he totally made it up. Beard obviously was dealing with some kind of knee injury all season. So not totally out of left field that the guy could be getting it cleaned up. Also he’s getting info from sources of some kind. Not on the beard injury necessarily but on other things that eventually come out.

I don’t think he totally made it up. Beard obviously was dealing with some kind of knee injury all season. So not totally out of left field that the guy could be getting it cleaned up. Also he’s getting info from sources of some kind. Not on the beard injury necessarily but on other things that eventually come out.
He did totally make it up, you can't just speculate something like that just because a kid has his knee wrapped and throw it out there as fact. Yes, he does have sources absolutely but he uses the fact that he has that and mixes in his own speculation all the time and it'll get taken as fact, that's the problem. Some coaches and ADs legitimately have had to do damage control (George Mason and App State) because he tweeted their programs are in danger of getting cut. Like it or not but the guys word does count for something to A LOT of people in the wrestling community.

How about this for Dellavecchia ... if there is smoke for it, @bopper1988 probably would know about it because it's a NJ school 😂

I mean the guy does come off as a deuscher some of the time. Just saying he has some connections somewhere. Wouldn’t shock me if it was something that was at least thought about for Beard. Mineo said potentially. Not exactly throwing out as fact. Not taking every he says as gold by any means but he isn’t just making stuff up out of left field.

What makes the season really silly is people believing every stupid thing they hear even if the person saying it was obviously joking. 🙄
I actually did not listen to him say it, only saw it was passed along here. Maybe he was being sarcastic, idk.

I have no idea if Beard was injured. I have no idea if he needs surgery. I am not guessing and not curious. What I DO know, is that, often, when Beard would sprawl to defend a shot, he would be In a position where you almost never see an opponent finish the shot for a takedown, and as if there were absolutely no weight or pressure at all from the sprawl, the opponent would easily come right through the sprawl and easily up off the mat and get the takedown. I saw this happen to him about a half dozen times. Now, I don't have any idea if that was a product of a possible injury, or if that has to do with his gas tank, or whatever the heck that was, but I saw it often and just like you guys we have seen tens of thousands of matches and that almost never happens ESPECIALLY at an upper weight.

I mean the guy does come off as a deuscher some of the time. Just saying he has some connections somewhere. Wouldn’t shock me if it was something that was at least thought about for Beard. Mineo said potentially. Not exactly throwing out as fact. Not taking every he says as gold by any means but he isn’t just making stuff up out of left field.
Throwing stuff against the wall and then saying "potentially" ... umm, okay.

Also, there's Mineo declaring Nate Schon as a Rutgers commit because he heard they were about to get a HWT. Turns out it was Kyonte Hamilton, who is not often confused for Schon.

Well one thing I can say. After the elation of hoisting his 4th national champ in the air, it was the closest I have seen Cael to expressing outward frustration in a long time.

He was definitely steamed that a team with 4 champs couldn't win a team championship. We all know we were barely a whisker away. Had Bo B wrestled up all year, had Verk gone instead, and had Berge not gone down to injury, had Howard had more time on the matt, had Joe been the Joe of 2019/20, had Kerk not been thrust back in maybe before he was ready, we would have secured those 15 points and then some.

We lost because of a few glaring Holes in the lineup, and bad karma hitting us across many weights in a strange season.

No I don't think Cael has gone on a transfer recruiting binge, but hell yes the door is open to any stud who wants to lace them up and compete for a position.

We will gain a lot of points with the kids we have just one year better, but I doubt all of these remaining rumors are just that.

We will see at least one new face in the mix to compete for 157 or 165. If it turns out to be the Claw and Joe when the dust settles, they will have earned it and will be the better for it next year.

Well one thing I can say. After the elation of hoisting his 4th national champ in the air, it was the closest I have seen Cael to expressing outward frustration in a long time.

He was definitely steamed that a team with 4 champs couldn't win a team championship. We all know we were barely a whisker away. Had Bo B wrestled up all year, had Verk gone instead, and had Berge not gone down to injury, had Howard had more time on the matt, had Joe been the Joe of 2019/20, had Kerk not been thrust back in maybe before he was ready, we would have secured those 15 points and then some.

We lost because of a few glaring Holes in the lineup, and bad karma hitting us across many weights in a strange season.

No I don't think Cael has gone on a transfer recruiting binge, but hell yes the door is open to any stud who wants to lace them up and compete for a position.

We will gain a lot of points with the kids we have just one year better, but I doubt all of these remaining rumors are just that.

We will see at least one new face in the mix to compete for 157 or 165. If it turns out to be the Claw and Joe when the dust settles, they will have earned it and will be the better for it next year.
This might be me having unrealistic expectations but I thought Beard had a dream draw to get to the finals after Thursday night.

Paul McCartney had no problem with silly rumors...he even said "what's wrong with that"?

I have no idea if Beard was injured. I have no idea if he needs surgery. I am not guessing and not curious. What I DO know, is that, often, when Beard would sprawl to defend a shot, he would be In a position where you almost never see an opponent finish the shot for a takedown, and as if there were absolutely no weight or pressure at all from the sprawl, the opponent would easily come right through the sprawl and easily up off the mat and get the takedown. I saw this happen to him about a half dozen times. Now, I don't have any idea if that was a product of a possible injury, or if that has to do with his gas tank, or whatever the heck that was, but I saw it often and just like you guys we have seen tens of thousands of matches and that almost never happens ESPECIALLY at an upper weight.
Even at a young age, Michael struggled with bringing his hips to the party...
giphy-downsized-large.gif

This might be me having unrealistic expectations but I thought Beard had a dream draw to get to the finals after Thursday night.
I’m not taking anything away from his accomplishment, it was earned... but every time someone says “we already have an AA at 97,” I explain Beards’ path to that AA. There was more than a touch of luck along the way.

Reactions: Ski
Rumors:

@spyker will make a return on BWI

@madden will win a .gif off this summer

@mrbrooks will admit to mixing lemonade and ice tea as his preferred summer drink. Shrinking his like/post ratio

At the annual summer board retreat a new cheesecake flavor will be created

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT