ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: WaPost article on Penn State's resurgence.

The statue was removed on my birthday. The next day I drove to State College to pay my final respects to someone very important in my life. While I was in town, I couldn't believe the sense of doom that seemingly engulfed folks on the street, in the shops and bars. I am so thankful that I lived to see PSU Football persevere and defeat those outsiders and traitors within who plotted its demise.

I hate the WaPo and always will as long as Sally Jenx is drawing breath.

That said very good article. Anything guys like Zettel and Mauti have to say, I'm interested in reading.

And very well deserved rec for Billy. Clearly the right man at the right time.

It's a really impressive article, accurate as far as I can tell and contains some good reporting.

Good reminder that there was a lot of skepticism about Franklin's hiring among letterman and players because he had no PSU connection. Hadn't really thought about it but there could have been serious divisions between O'Brien's and Franklin's players and it's a credit to Franklin that the team didn't fall into that.

Also liked the reporting on the Minny game. Hadn't thought about it -- but of course, they were trying to protect Trace from injury because they didn't know what they had in Tommy Stevens.

But teams weren't respecting McSorley as an option in the read option -- they were just bunching up on Barkley because Barkley always got the ball.

Good article, but I couldn't help myself and dove down into the dregs of the comments section. Only a handful of brain farts in and it only reinforced that we're never going to outlive this stain. Ignorance certainly reigns supreme out in the hinterland.

Good article, but I couldn't help myself and dove down into the dregs of the comments section. Only a handful of brain farts in and it only reinforced that we're never going to outlive this stain. Ignorance certainly reigns supreme out in the hinterland.
Ugh. Life's hard enough without going through the sewers.

Out in the hinterlands?! You think anybody reads this POS newspaper west of the Alleghenies. The Jeff Besos Post is a hometown newspaper for you coastal elitists. Get a grip!
Have a blessed day.

It's a really impressive article, accurate as far as I can tell and contains some good reporting.

Good reminder that there was a lot of skepticism about Franklin's hiring among letterman and players because he had no PSU connection. Hadn't really thought about it but there could have been serious divisions between O'Brien's and Franklin's players and it's a credit to Franklin that the team didn't fall into that.

Also liked the reporting on the Minny game. Hadn't thought about it -- but of course, they were trying to protect Trace from injury because they didn't know what they had in Tommy Stevens.

But teams weren't respecting McSorley as an option in the read option -- they were just bunching up on Barkley because Barkley always got the ball.

The author, Dana O'Neil, is a Penn State alum.

Reactions: NedFromYork
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT