ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Referee crew for this weekend?

LeMonnier, Parry, and O'Neill, in a special "throwback" officiating crew. No replay, sticks 11 yards long on PSU possessions, 9 yards long on Michigan possessions. Heel-Toe legal for Michigan, illegal for PSU. One foot in bounds legal for Michigan, but PSU needs two. One bounce passes legal for Michigan. Too much crowd noise? Timeout charged, PSU. 2 extra seconds at ends of half and game for Michigan possession, 2 seconds taken away for PSU.

three-blind-mice.jpeg

LeMonnier, Parry, and O'Neill, in a special "throwback" officiating crew. No replay, sticks 11 yards long on PSU possessions, 9 yards long on Michigan possessions. Heel-Toe legal for Michigan, illegal for PSU. One foot in bounds legal for Michigan, but PSU needs two. One bounce passes legal for Michigan. Too much crowd noise? Timeout charged, PSU. 2 extra seconds at ends of half and game for Michigan possession, 2 seconds taken away for PSU.
Dealing-your-mood-swings.gif

Can't believe it hasn't already been asked...which referee crew is working our game Saturday? Just curious.

Perhaps because it's a question that can't be answered until the day of the game. Game officials are not announced until the morning of their game.

They'll save O'Neill and his antics for OSU.

But I expect a "convenient" targeting or two in the 2nd half vs. UM setting up for OSU

Can't believe it hasn't already been asked...which referee crew is working our game Saturday? Just curious.

Whoever they are, I hope they know defensive holding when they see it because the Michigan db's grab jerseys quite often in their vaunted press coverage.

I am hoping the crew makes at least one call that gets Jimmy to toss his headset onto the field and get him in a true hissy fit!

A little fine tuning of UncleLar's post, but crews are not announced until one hour before kickoff.

That said, my sources are telling me that the officiating crew be composed of the following::

Todd Geerlings, Norton Shores, MI (referee)
David Chesney, Belmont, MI (line judge)
Paul Engelberts, Royal Oak, MI (field judge).
Tony Payne, Lansing, MI (umpire).
Ed Peters, Marshall, MI (side judge).
Bob Stinson, Acme, MI (back judge)
Mike Dolce, Hudsonville, MI (head linesman)
Jim Filson, Napersville, IL (center judge)*
Dick Honig, Ann Arbor, MI (replay official)
Jim Augustyn, Grand Rapids, MI (booth technical adviser)

* PSU requested that one eyed Filson who Loyd Carr caused to be fired after nearly costing him the Purdue game in 2004, be reinstated and assigned to this game to try and balance out the geographic weighting of the crew.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT