ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP-Rahne being considered for KState job

"Rahne is considered among the top offensive minds in college football." Really?

Let’s pretend for a moment that he does get the job. Does Franklin have another surprise hire in his little black book (ala JoMo), or does a more established replacement find his way to HV?

I think he (RR) would be a good hire for KSU.

If this were to happen, I’d be more interested in seeing who PSU Football Inc. hires as an OC after “Administrator Franklin” spins his coaching Rollodex

Last edited:
I think he would be a good hire for KSU.

If this were to happen, I’d be more interested in seeing who PSU Football Inc. hires as an OC after “Administrator Franklin” spins his coaching Rollodex
Sign me up for one of those seasoned and available offensive geniuses.

Reactions: PeetzPoolBoy
I thought we were told that Rahne wasn't interested in being a head coach. I thought stability was part of the allure in choosing him.

Sounds like these aren't actually candidates, just this one writer's speculation of whom KSU might look at.

Reactions: step.eng69
I’m not a Rahne hater but one mediocre year as OC makes him HC material? Just a year ago he was TE coach.

Regardless, he's OC of a big time college football program. You don't make it to that position easily and many up and coming coaches would freak to get a career uptick like that. It probably would be pretty enticing to a team like KState...

21 Guns has a better chance at the KSU job than Rahne.

And Barry will be the PSU athletic director before Rahne has a chance at KSU too.
LOL, GUNSIE....
Female-Bodybuilder.gif

Regardless, he's OC of a big time college football program. You don't make it to that position easily and many up and coming coaches would freak to get a career uptick like that. It probably would be pretty enticing to a team like KState...

So in football all one needs is to be mediocre to bad at what one does to be considered for a better job? Damn, I picked the wrong profession.

Reactions: PennState_one
While there is no way in hell Ricky gets this job we would be screwed for the bowl game if he left prior to it. Franklin would be forced into the OC play caller role. We have 3 new coaches on offense none of whom are prepared to do it. Limegrover was the OC at one time at Minnesota but I highly doubt he has insight into our concept passing offense being the oline coach.

So in football all one needs is to be mediocre to bad at what one does to be considered for a better job? Damn, I picked the wrong profession.
No, no silly. He was saying all Rahne had to do was get HIRED for the job he’s mediocre to bad at.
Because Rahne got hired for the job he’s not yet proven he can handle at such a young age, he must be good! So KSU would logically want him for a better job he’s definitely not ready for.

Art, IMO, it's just the fact that he is in a top position at a top college football program. Mediocre or not.

He will be better next year, but I am like many others with the thought that PSU shouldn't be a training ground... Either way, I am am optimist and support whatever Coach Franklin decides...

But yeah, many of us are in the wrong profession ;)

I want to fail upwards, just once. I’m tired of failing down. :(

Reactions: Tri-Power65
If we would need a new OC,

Oh Canada....
Our offense at your hand
True Penn State love
In all thy plays command...
Your offensive mind will see us rise
K.J. Hamler breaking free
Patters far and wide Oh Canada
We'll recruit the best for thee
God keep our brand
The best it'll ever be
Oh Canada we want a vic-tor-y
Oh Canada we want another vic-tor-y!

Art, IMO, it's just the fact that he is in a top position at a top college football program. Mediocre or not.

He will be better next year, but I am like many others with the thought that PSU shouldn't be a training ground... Either way, I am am optimist and support whatever Coach Franklin decides...

But yeah, many of us are in the wrong profession ;)

Will he be better next year? I hope so, but have you ever heard of the Peter Principle?

I think we all picked the wrong profession
Not necessarily. Art said one only need be "mediocre to bad" to move up. I'd be so beyond bad I'd have to hire someone to start my car after every game.

Seth Littrell North Texas State and Chris Klieman North Dakota State are the top two candidates. Both appear to be interested. Does Rahne have the same agent as JF?? lol.....

The only reason Rhane would be mentioned in reference to K-State is because he coached there, I believe along with CJF. He may even have been a grad assistant and not a full-time coach. Just my .02 but K-State is so far down the totem pole of attractive schools, anyone who has a tangential connection to them, and also is now in a position of responsibility at a big time power program is going to be mentioned. But I would doubt there is any more substance to the rumor than that.

Reactions: stormingnorm
The only reason Rhane would be mentioned in reference to K-State is because he coached there, I believe along with CJF. He may even have been a grad assistant and not a full-time coach. Just my .02 but K-State is so far down the totem pole of attractive schools, anyone who has a tangential connection to them, and also is now in a position of responsibility at a big time power program is going to be mentioned. But I would doubt there is any more substance to the rumor than that.
it seems he was there 5 years & thru 2 HC's...
Kansas State[edit]
In 2006, Rahne served as an offensive graduate assistant at Kansas State under Head coach Ron Prince and Offensive coordinator James Franklin. Scott Frost served as a defensive graduate assistant for the Wildcats during the same period.[6] In 2007, Rahne was promoted to running backs coach where he served for two seasons. In his new role, Rahne helped tutor All-Big 12 and NFL running back James Johnson, who became the fastest Wildcat to reach 1,000 yards in a season.[4] After the firing of Ron Prince, Rahne was retained by Head coach Bill Snyder as the tight ends coach, a position he would hold for the 2009 and 2010 seasons. During this time, Rahne tutored first team All-Big 12 and NFL player Jeron Mastrud, who graduated as K-State’s all-time leader in receiving yards and receptions by a tight end.[7]

ADVERTISEMENT