ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: PSU wrestling manager is one of the frat brothers charged in pledge's death

Off-topic, but go ahead and expound on that; I'd be interested to hear what your reading indicates and some specific details.

I'm guessing you'll cite some Marine units in the Pacific, certain Armored units in Europe, along with Airborne and Ranger units, such as those that played a vital role in Normandy. And who best represented the Navy?
I was an infantry guy and interned with the Marines so I know about the amazing fighting of the 1st,2nd,3rd Marine divisions in the Pacific. When I was in the only units still around were the ones who did most of the fighting in Europe: 101,82, 1+2 Ranger Bn, 1st infantry, 3rd, 10th, 28th, 3rd armored. I hope I didn't leave anyone out. Don't know anything about the Navy other than there carrier groups were spectacularly effective.

I was in a fraternity for all four of my years at PSU. There was no hazing. During the pledge period we were required to do various projects to benefit the house as well as provide morning calls to wake up brothers and other fairly benign things. We frequently had the highest gpa of the greek system. We participated in a number of fundraising events including thon. I wouldn''t put all fraternities in the same basket of stupid behavior.

Reactions: Dogwelder
I was in a fraternity for all four of my years at PSU. There was no hazing. During the pledge period we were required to do various projects to benefit the house as well as provide morning calls to wake up brothers and other fairly benign things. We frequently had the highest gpa of the greek system. We participated in a number of fundraising events including thon. I wouldn''t put all fraternities in the same basket of stupid behavior.
And they shouldn't be. Despite this desire by many to make this a fraternity thing, it is sensationalized by the fact that it is PSU. What they did is not the domain of a fraternity.

Look up what the elemtary school did in the Michigan case of the 8 year old suicide.

Also....we should all be sensitive to understand a grand jury and a presentment. There has been no cross examination. A GJ is used to determine what, if any, charges should be levied based on evidence. They determined there is reason to charge. Not a reason to convict.....yet.

Thanks to a recent case..I will wait to hear more in a court.

Reactions: Dogwelder
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT