ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP - New RUDIS Podcast with Askren and Dernlan

Ben and Tommy were my favorite podcast..still warming up to Matt. He needs to fire back at Ben (like Tommy would do), otherwise Ben can just take over.

I am enjoying it though and once they have a little more chemistry, they can move to top of my list.

Currently..my rankings
1. Inside Trip
2. FRL
3. Rudis
Big Gap between top 3 and the rest
4. Mat Talk
5. Bloodround
6. Black Shoe Diaries
7. Pa Power
8. Steelwood Radio

T-Row and Funky was #1 last year, and PA Power isn't the same without Mason Beckman. Black Shoe has the PSU content but the one guy is hard to listen to IMO

Interested if there's any other good wrestling podcasts out there?

Ben and Tommy were my favorite podcast..still warming up to Matt. He needs to fire back at Ben (like Tommy would do), otherwise Ben can just take over.

I am enjoying it though and once they have a little more chemistry, they can move to top of my list.

Currently..my rankings
1. Inside Trip
2. FRL
3. Rudis
4. Mat Talk
5. Bloodround
6. Black Shoe Diaries
7. Pa Power
8. Steelwood Radio

T-Row and Funky was #1 last year, and PA Power isn't the same without Mason Beckman. Black Shoe has the PSU content but the one guy is hard to listen to IMO

pish,

You getting new Black Shoe Diaries shows? My last one is from March 23, 2017 (NCAA wrap up and Teasdale flips to PSU). I loved that podcast, but haven't seen anything new on it since then

Agree on Inside Trip. Those guys crack me up and have great content. Miss the TROW and Funky show and will give Rudis a shot.

pish,

You getting new Black Shoe Diaries shows? My last one is from March 23, 2017 (NCAA wrap up and Teasdale flips to PSU). I loved that podcast, but haven't seen anything new on it since then

Agree on Inside Trip. Those guys crack me up and have great content. Miss the TROW and Funky show and will give Rudis a shot.

Yes..maybe they changed names? It shows up on my app as Black Shoe Diaries Matcast with Garret...they've had 3 so far..Nov 9th, Nov 15th and Nov 22

Reactions: CentexLion
I think the hardest line for aspiring podcasters is balancing the friendly banter with actual meaty content. Seems to be largely an experience-earned skill. I like Clay and Garrett's content, but they're still learning to strike that balance. Conversely, this Rudis one needs more playful banter.

I think the hardest line for aspiring podcasters is balancing the friendly banter with actual meaty content. Seems to be largely an experience-earned skill. I like Clay and Garrett's content, but they're still learning to strike that balance. Conversely, this Rudis one needs more playful banter.

Give me the Inside Trip Guys with Black Shoe Content and you'd have a home run!

Currently..my rankings
1. Inside Trip
2. FRL
3. Rudis
4. Mat Talk
5. Bloodround
6. Black Shoe Diaries
7. Pa Power
8. Steelwood Radio

What happened with Beckman? I really enjoyed listening to his commentary.

Yes..maybe they changed names? It shows up on my app as Black Shoe Diaries Matcast with Garret...they've had 3 so far..Nov 9th, Nov 15th and Nov 22
I have searched and can't find it for my Android... Just the old shows...

Last edited:
I like it for the most part, but do miss the ease of the iphone podcast app :(
1989er,

It took me a bit to find it on the iPhone as well. Searched as Black Shoe Diaries Matcast, and it originally came up with the Lions247 Matcast, which was what I originally had. I did a search again, and it came up with the proper one. The Podcast logo changed, and now has SB Nation, Black Shoe Diaries: BSD Matcast on the logo. The dates for the 2018 shows are 1 day earlier than pish's dates, but they match up. Looking forward to listening again

Reactions: PSUer1989

Currently..my rankings
1. Inside Trip
2. FRL
3. Rudis
4. Mat Talk
5. Bloodround
6. Black Shoe Diaries
7. Pa Power
8. Steelwood Radio

I loved the Steelwood episode right after Semis last year. Their predictions of 7 champs fell a little flat.

1989er,

It took me a bit to find it on the iPhone as well. Searched as Black Shoe Diaries Matcast, and it originally came up with the Lions247 Matcast, which was what I originally had. I did a search again, and it came up with the proper one. The Podcast logo changed, and now has SB Nation, Black Shoe Diaries: BSD Matcast on the logo. The dates for the 2018 shows are 1 day earlier than pish's dates, but they match up. Looking forward to listening again
Thanks! I tried a new app and found it with the new logo. I have most of my podcssts organized with Stitcher, but Stitcher doesn't carry that one. I can just use the other app for BSD!

Reactions: pish69
He needs to fire back at Ben (like Tommy would do), otherwise Ben can just take over.
?

I wonder if Ben and Matt are reading this thread because today Matt came back guns a blazing a few times. Good stuff. I love Ben but damn he is loud when he wants to talk over someone.

Reactions: tikk10

Currently..my rankings
1. Inside Trip
2. FRL
3. Rudis
4. Mat Talk
5. Bloodround
6. Black Shoe Diaries
7. Pa Power
8. Steelwood Radio

To clarify - "Mat Talk" has a master feed that has all the shows on the Mat Talk Podcast Network.
There's 19 different shows that are in that feed. The main shows on the network are Short Time (interviews), Short Time Shots (recaps of nightly wrestling scores and more), On The Mat (Gable Museum), the three Trackwrestling shows, two InterMat shows, three PA Power shows, and team shows for ODU, Virginia Tech and NC State.

http://www.mattalkonline.com/wrestling-podcast-directory-listings/
(List of all the known wrestling podcasts, regardless of whether they are on the network or not)

Rather than hijack the thread, I just want to make it clear that "Mat Talk" isn't just one show.

Rudis show is off to a fantastic start. My favorite non-MTO show is Bloodround.

To clarify - "Mat Talk" has a master feed that has all the shows on the Mat Talk Podcast Network.
There's 19 different shows that are in that feed. The main shows on the network are Short Time (interviews), Short Time Shots (recaps of nightly wrestling scores and more), On The Mat (Gable Museum), the three Trackwrestling shows, two InterMat shows, three PA Power shows, and team shows for ODU, Virginia Tech and NC State.

http://www.mattalkonline.com/wrestling-podcast-directory-listings/
(List of all the known wrestling podcasts, regardless of whether they are on the network or not)

Rather than hijack the thread, I just want to make it clear that "Mat Talk" isn't just one show.

Rudis show is off to a fantastic start. My favorite non-MTO show is Bloodround.

Thanks for chiming in. I was always a little confused with Mat Talk because it seems as if, you'll have a few different channels all with the same content, so I just put Mat Talk. The PA Power is the one that used to be hosted by Beckman, that's why I put it in a different category but then sometimes that's even the same content.

What is the reasoning for having more than 1 podcast with the same content?

The master feed was actually a request from multiple listeners when I first started up with 3-4 shows. Rather than subscribe to 3-4 different feeds, they subscribe to one and get them all. So while the Mat Talk Podcast Network has a podcast feed in Apple Podcasts and Stitcher, it isn't sent out to the other services. I subscribe to nearly 100 podcasts, half wrestling and the other half non-wrestling.

It also helps new shows on the network get discovered at a quicker clip. If I started a brand new show tomorrow and had it sitting on its own, the time it would take to get ears on it the first time would involve quite a bit more marketing, whereas, people who subscribe to the master feed know they're getting all the shows on the network, so a new show isn't going to bother them when it gets plugged in. A new show on the network can get a quicker infiltration into wrestling fans' ears that way too. It also shows the sheer volume of content I'm pushing out. Oh, Short Time only did x-amount of shows this month. In November, the network pushed out 44 episodes. There's droves of content coming out of it, and they all have one basic premise in mind - wrestling - but they have so many various options on how to consume.

Trackwrestling has a pair shows on their TW feed (used to be 3), and individual shows with Mat Chat and Weighing In. PA Power has three shows on their feed with WarUp on the WPIAL, the College Podcast (where Beckman and Warner used to be, now it's Waltko and Youngblood) and the main PAP show with Knopsnyder and Upson).

I give listeners the ability to be more flexible or more condensed if they want and since the files are served the same way, they all count the same way. The medium is still new for people in many ways, even though I've been podcasting for over 10 years. Wrestling tech is usually behind the curve, so if there's an easier way for me to present content, I'm going to give it a shot. That link shows the individual feeds of every show on the network.

Reactions: pish69

Currently..my rankings
1. Inside Trip
2. FRL
3. Rudis
4. Mat Talk
5. Bloodround
6. Black Shoe Diaries
7. Pa Power
8. Steelwood Radio

The worst is whatever one that is hosted by Scott Casber. What a Choad that guy is

ADVERTISEMENT