ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Micah on private jet w/ Bowman and Arrington

I'm actually kinda glad he is gone. He made very little impact at PSU. In my mind, he was a me, me, me type of guy from his recruitment until he put himself above the team in August.

No possible way does he make it at PSU during the Paterno years.

I'm actually kinda glad he is gone. He made very little impact at PSU. In my mind, he was a me, me, me type of guy from his recruitment until he put himself above the team in August.

Is this like Sutherland should cut his hair? He didnt do anything wrong while he was here and was the only reason we beat Memphis. I love the kid and would welcome him back

Is this like Sutherland should cut his hair? He didnt do anything wrong while he was here and was the only reason we beat Memphis. I love the kid and would welcome him back

Gotta love posters who twist a post and put words in another posters mouth. Just saying it was all about him. He was 0-2.

Reactions: Cosmos

Unbelievable.

Apparently the First Team All America voters disagree. And I'd imagine James Franklin does, too.

Some truth here and not as harsh as a couple of other posts in this thread. To me, MP was a kid who came to PSU, played a bunch of "average" games, a few "good" games, and one "great" game (Memphis). Is he a great physical talent - yes, according to people who are supposed to know these things. Will he be a great NFL player - I guess, I don't know. Is he the first college football player to decide to sit out the entire season after his second year in college to "prepare for the NFL"? I think so. Could he have used another year playing lb in college to better prepare him for live "game speed"? I think so. He can run all the 40's he wants and bench all the iron he can in the next 6-8 months, but there is no substitute for playing live football games.

I hold no animosity for him leaving, but I'll always be more impressed by guys like Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields who decide to come back and play with their teammates for a common goal (team championships), than someone like MP who really is a "me first" type of guy.

Some truth here and not as harsh as a couple of other posts in this thread. To me, MP was a kid who came to PSU, played a bunch of "average" games, a few "good" games, and one "great" game (Memphis). Is he a great physical talent - yes, according to people who are supposed to know these things. Will he be a great NFL player - I guess, I don't know. Is he the first college football player to decide to sit out the entire season after his second year in college to "prepare for the NFL"? I think so. Could he have used another year playing lb in college to better prepare him for live "game speed"? I think so. He can run all the 40's he wants and bench all the iron he can in the next 6-8 months, but there is no substitute for playing live football games.

I hold no animosity for him leaving, but I'll always be more impressed by guys like Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields who decide to come back and play with their teammates for a common goal (team championships), than someone like MP who really is a "me first" type of guy.
I agree....I’m fine with someone leaving after their junior year if they’re going to be a high draft pick.....but to leave and take a year off is pretty lame in my opinion.

He's clearly not scared of covid. Where's the social distancing? He posts pictures on planes with Navarro and Arrigonton with no mask. Before that on a boat with a bunch of players. He's a coward scared of getting a boo boo vs OSU. Glad he's gone. Wish he went to OSU so the younger guys would have gotten some experience on the field.

200.gif

Reactions: SoParkLion

So, I guess leading the team in tackles as a freshman and as a sophomore was very little impact? SMH🤔

Did I miss something? Last I heard, he was contemplating coming back. By some of these replies, it seems like that's no longer a possibility??

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
Appears all OSU players that opted out are now returning. I don’t begrudge Micah for his decision however team is without doubt better with him on the field. Some of our fans are acting like losing Micah is no big deal, are warped.

Reactions: PSUChicago
The guy skipped his true JR season bc of Covid yet he goes partying and doesn't wear a mask. Makes sense.
Your boy Herbie really screwed that one up for you guys. I can't blame you if you're butt hurt. tOSU might have had a National Championship or two without that recruiting violation. Is that why Urban left or was it really because he was knowingly harboring a wife beater? Judging by the video with the naked guy walking around, Urbs looks like he miraculously healed.

Appears all OSU players that opted out are now returning. I don’t begrudge Micah for his decision however team is without doubt better with him on the field. Some of our fans are acting like losing Micah is no big deal, are warped.
No way the team could be better without him. To beat OSU, it would be helpful to have a "spy" on Fields. Parsons was the only player on the roster that could match Fields' athleticism in that role.

Did I miss something? Last I heard, he was contemplating coming back. By some of these replies, it seems like that's no ling

I think what people really mean is that Micah was the kind of difference maker that had the ability to lift the entire program and unfortunately the kind of player Penn State has whiffed on in the 2021 recruiting class.

I recall reading that they would place recruits with Micah when they got kids onto campus. If the coaching staff thought he was too "me me me" and a negative influence would they have done this? From an outsiders perspective he seems to be a charismatic guy who helped the team play better. Without superior athletes like him, we have no shot at beating Ohio State. There are plenty of great athletes left on the team but the dismissal of Micah's talent and what he brought to the team by some on this board is shocking.

It may be a long, long time until PSU has a player with the almost superhuman skill set that Micah brought to LB.
It will not be nearly as long until a PSU linebacker plays as well as Micah did during his 2 seasons here.
Huh?

Reactions: TheGLOV
Parsons was generational as a physical specimen. But his LB performance, while great, wasn’t generational.
I think that’s the argument.

There’s validity to it. Regardless, he will be sorely missed.

It wasn't "great" because he had only been playing the position for a few years. We all were confident relevant to the NFL and our season that this would be the year it all comes together. If he played, he could have become one of our top 10 or so LB's of all time at the school that made the position. You know your stuff much better than me and all I'm saying in contrast to the prior comments was "he was still learning the role." I cant see him playing on the line in the NFL so I wonder if more experience this year would have helped prepare him for LB. If he goes to the NFL and does well/or dominates (especially right away) we'll really see just how special he is.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
It wasn't "great" because he had only been playing the position for a few years. We all were confident relevant to the NFL and our season that this would be the year it all comes together. If he played, he could have become one of our top 10 or so LB's of all time at the school that made the position. You know your stuff much better than me and all I'm saying in contrast to the prior comments was "he was still learning the role." I cant see him playing on the line in the NFL so I wonder if more experience this year would have helped prepare him for LB. If he goes to the NFL and does well/or dominates (especially right away) we'll really see just how special he is.

Those are all fair points.

I completely agree that 2020 was the year he was poised for a Chase Young-like impact on the defense. Probably the favorite to win the Butkus at least, and who knows what else. The Memphis game was a sneak peek of what was possibly to come.

So it really, really sucks that we're probably not going to get that season from him. He would have benefited, and so would we. He's the difference between a legit top-5 team, IMO, and a top-10/15 team. He can be that important. He can be the guy to keep Fields in check, for instance. Or make a big play late to win a game that we'd otherwise lose.

Do I think he's making a huge mistake re: the NFL draft? No. He'll be fine either way. And he can refine those skills in the NFL. Only he can determine what's right for him.

Those are all fair points.

I completely agree that 2020 was the year he was poised for a Chase Young-like impact on the defense. Probably the favorite to win the Butkus at least, and who knows what else. The Memphis game was a sneak peek of what was possibly to come.

So it really, really sucks that we're probably not going to get that season from him. He would have benefited, and so would we. He's the difference between a legit top-5 team, IMO, and a top-10/15 team. He can be that important. He can be the guy to keep Fields in check, for instance. Or make a big play late to win a game that we'd otherwise lose.

Do I think he's making a huge mistake re: the NFL draft? No. He'll be fine either way. And he can refine those skills in the NFL. Only he can determine what's right for him.

I'm selfishly disappointed because he was someone so coveted- his trajectory to PSU was so strange and tumultuous. To then have him join our team/family and never really get to see him at his best....it hurts me as a massive admirer of Line Backers especially at PSU. I say "tragedy" with appropriate context related to the 45 other truly bad things happening around the world that we dont even know about. But what "could have been" will always dig at me. I'm thrilled he's graduating in a few months and I wish him nothing but the very absolute best.

I agree....I’m fine with someone leaving after their junior year if they’re going to be a high draft pick.....but to leave and take a year off is pretty lame in my opinion.
Yeah, but in fairness this wasn't a normal JR year so can't really compare to just sitting out.

Couldn't have said it better

Reactions: Sooner Lion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT