ADVERTISEMENT

[SIAP] Hackenberg already decided on agent for 2016 Draft

ok, no. A senior who has one foot out the door should not be kicked out of class. Why? Because the decisions of that senior to slack off has no bearing whatsoever on anyone else other than his or herself. If you don't show up to class, the other 29 or so people's lives go on.

The negative decisions of your QB can have negative effect on 10 other guys.

Ok, and what if that student's salary was contingent on how he did in classes that senior year? You think he's going to slack off? If every college player who had his eyes on the pros was determined not to be "in it" anymore, we'd miss watching all of the best players in college.

After all we have been through the past couple of years, one would think our fanbase would be cautious about an article citing inner rumblings and unnamed sources. Hack is a captain, which tells me that the coaches believe in his leadership and Franklin has praised his leadership. Let's leave Hack's future in his hands after the season. I don't understand why people don't want the best players to play and are already writing the season off.

Reactions: PSU1991
So it's not about standing by Hack, its about you spending your money?

And I am sure Hack is into it! He is just going to make the choice everyone thinks and knew he should/was going to make. The kid is 100% all class.
i don't think anyone has said anything that outrageous. He may be all class, but as every pundit has pointed out, he hasn't been very good. He was very much part of the debacle last week. I hope he does much better the rest of the year, but he shouldn't be planning on leaving already, and if he doesn't start playing better than why shouldn't McSorley get an opportunity?

Reactions: psu00
I hate our fan base.. Amazing how everyone is for him when we are winning, but when things aren't going well, lets bench him, screw him, he isn't a Penn Stater.

Like I said, I am 100% behind Hack for this season, his future decision, and will be rooting for him in the NFL he is pure class. He has been through alot in his few years at PSU and now the fan base his turning on him.

Disgusting!

Why do you say the fan base is turning on him? I don't think anybody is rooting against him or suggesting he's not a good kid. Quite a few have been critical of his play which is justified. Look at the first quarter vs. Temple before the pressure started to come. WR screen thrown in the dirt, pass over the middle to Lewis thrown behind him, misses Hamilton for a sure TD. The OL and play calling have been bad but Hack has to take some responsibility. Fans have a right to call it what it is. That doesn't make them disgusting fans.

Reactions: psu00
Why doesn't he just declare he's going pro now, and start working out to get ready for the combine? It doesn't seem like this team is helping him get ready for what he wants to do. Personally, I see a QB who is about as good as Anthony Morelli or Kevin Thompson, which is fine, but I have no idea why he would go in the first round.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/132327/christian-hackenberg

Pauline probably does not have a good source on this but come on. After getting sacked 10 times in the opener I would start thinking of an agent too. I don't blame. I really thought before the year he might come back because i expected them to be really good, but this offensive strategy made that impossible. He won't be a first rounder anymore unless Bill O'brien takes him, which is the best thing that could happen for Christian.

Regardless of his play at Penn State from here on, I will think of him as one of the two most important recruits of the modern time, with Derrick Williams, both of whom persisted in their commitment decision against all the negatives presented by the media and competing coaches.

With that said, I wish he would have received and taken coaching on pocket presence and quick throws. I wonder what Zack Mills could have done with his arm, or he with Zack's feet and calm.

After all we have been through the past couple of years, one would think our fanbase would be cautious about an article citing inner rumblings and unnamed sources. Hack is a captain, which tells me that the coaches believe in his leadership and Franklin has praised his leadership. Let's leave Hack's future in his hands after the season. I don't understand why people don't want the best players to play and are already writing the season off.

More importantly, his teammates believed in him, as they were the ones who voted for him to be a captain. Now it's up to Hack to keep earning their trust and keep them believing in him. He needs to play exponentially better than last week in order to do so.

Franklin ruined him??? FLO left the team in a condition with OL who had no hope of SUSTAINING a block for more than a couple seconds (and ZERO depth on the OL too boot!!). You're out of your mind if you think Franklin has the ability to make the OL he inherited into NFL caliber OL by waving a magic wand - LMFAO. FLO left Franklin with a starting QB who could only play with perfect protection on every play and not even enough OL to field enough players to practice!!! But according to dip$hits like you that's Franklin's fault and not good 'ole self-interested FLO????

Who is asking for the oline to be NFL caliber? Franklin and Hand have been here for over a year and a half and in that time the oline has regressed to the point where they gave up 10 sacks to Temple, which is 8 more sacks than that same Temple D averaged last season against weak teams. Try though you and others might, there is simply no valid excuse for that.

At this point, I can't see where Hack is a good pro prospect. The performance just isn't there. I could see an NFL team drafting him low with the thought of developing his raw talent in mind, but when they draft someone in the 1st round, they are looking for someone who is capable of competing for the starting job as a rookie. Hopefully, this changes before the end of the season.

Everyone sure was with him when he committed to PSU in the face of unprecedented sanctions. That commitment alone helped keep the program afloat long term.

and now everyone wants to dump him after one bad game. Sickening!

Everyone was jumping on how great he was after the Pinstripe Bowl. He is still a kid. Lets not forget that.

Reactions: jj410
Ok, and what if that student's salary was contingent on how he did in classes that senior year? You think he's going to slack off? If every college player who had his eyes on the pros was determined not to be "in it" anymore, we'd miss watching all of the best players in college.
and now everyone wants to dump him after one bad game. Sickening!

Everyone was jumping on how great he was after the Pinstripe Bowl. He is still a kid. Lets not forget that.

youre clearly not understanding everyone's point. Nobody is dumping hack. Based on the link posted it sounds like hack is dumping Penn State. Early.

Nobody other than Douchewood is saying he sucks.

The best thing that could happen for the program would be for Hack to move on. He is not a great quarterback and never will be. For Penn State to win big going forward, the QB will always have to be near All-American caliber.

The bottom line is if hack has one foot out the door he's hurting the whole team.
JIm: Hack did anything but hurt the team today. He was clearly amped up, he showed leadership, and he made a lot of good throws. There were some pass drops, a few penalties, etc., but in general you'd have to say that Hack played well. IMO, he is clearly the leader of the team, as he should be.

Reactions: PSU1991
Hack can and should do whatever is best for him. He's been a man of his word and never left when the going got tough (something his mentor couldn't claim). Having said that, I don't think Franklin, or Donovan, knows how to use him. Will always appreciate his massive contribution to the school and program and will root for him forever. I do think he, and Penn State, are probably better off without each other after this season. Just hope he doesn't get killed back there.

If this were the NFL, and I were the owner, I'd tell Franklin to get an OC who can utilize Hack, or find a new job. But, since Franklin will be here longer than Hack, we need someone for his system at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did that make you feel better? Apparently you're unaware that ticket sales and donations go toward the funding of scholarships, the facilities, etc... If you want to pay for a Cadillac but drive off the lot in a Geo Prism then have at it.

I guess asking for a competent system is too much to ask for.

Poor baby. You and your money are entitled to SO much more...

He's not the right fit for this offense.

I'll say it now, and I could care less if it is mean: We will be much better with McSorely.

I will stand up and say that if Hack was playing soft and not to get hurt, he appears to have rethought it. He showed some fire against Buffalo. He made some plays under pressure and took hits while getting rid of the ball. He was a leader.

Now he still had plenty of inaccuracy and a few bad reads, but some of that is harder with a soaked ball. He is getting back to the Hack we know. But it was only Buffalo so we shall see if it continues improving.

the many comments you've made about money here show that you contribute nothing to the program. That said, put up or shut up.

I've had season tickets for over 10 years Chief. And I don't sit here and whine about what I'm entitled to for those contributions.

I've had season tickets for over 10 years Chief. And I don't sit here and whine about what I'm entitled to for those contributions.

Do you just like to hear yourself talk? All I said was I want to see a competent system. never in a million years did I ever think I'd be blasted by some schmuck for wanting to see PSU win games. In fact, I never said I wanted to see wins. I just said I wanted to see the team be competitive and last weeks effort against temple was anything but that.

you act as though I am looking for a return check from PSU every month. I think you'd be best suited to take your contributions to the academic general fund since you don't really care whether PSU wins or loses.

Do you think PSU paid a coach 4.5 million dollars for shits and giggles?

Your way of thinking would run any organization into the ground.

Not even sure why I even wasted more time trying to reason with an apparent idiot. Idiots can't be reasoned with.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/132327/christian-hackenberg

Pauline probably does not have a good source on this but come on. After getting sacked 10 times in the opener I would start thinking of an agent too. I don't blame. I really thought before the year he might come back because i expected them to be really good, but this offensive strategy made that impossible. He won't be a first rounder anymore unless Bill O'brien takes him, which is the best thing that could happen for Christian.

Who did Obrien ever develop? His best QB is Mcgloin. Brady was MVP before he ever met Obrien.

Hack seems like a good kid and, from all we've heard, comes from a very solid family. Nobody challenges that, or that he may yet turn things around this year...maybe starting tomorrow. That said, this program can't afford another crappy season with the loss of program momentum and, in all likelihood, the tanking of this recruiting class. Just can't. So...if Hack can't get it together with the team as it's now constituted, James will have to go in another direction...there's too much at stake not to.

Your expectations are unrealistic. What did you expect from the 2012 and 2013 recruiting classes? They lost about 20 4 star players during the sanctions. That is the senior and junior classes. Once the sanctions were reduced did you think the 2 stars were going to turn into 5 stars?

Do you just like to hear yourself talk? All I said was I want to see a competent system. never in a million years did I ever think I'd be blasted by some schmuck for wanting to see PSU win games. In fact, I never said I wanted to see wins. I just said I wanted to see the team be competitive and last weeks effort against temple was anything but that.

you act as though I am looking for a return check from PSU every month. I think you'd be best suited to take your contributions to the academic general fund since you don't really care whether PSU wins or loses.

Do you think PSU paid a coach 4.5 million dollars for shits and giggles?

Your way of thinking would run any organization into the ground.

Not even sure why I even wasted more time trying to reason with an apparent idiot. Idiots can't be reasoned with.

Did you think PSU was going to go through the sanctions unscathed? PSU lost about 20 4 star recruits in the 2012 and 2013 classes. Some of the kids they signed after kids decommitted had NO other offers. Can you name any to 20 teams that finished below PSU in recruiting in 2012 and 2013?

The reality is anyone who picked this team to go 10-2 was out of touch.

I hate our fan base.. Amazing how everyone is for him when we are winning, but when things aren't going well, lets bench him, screw him, he isn't a Penn Stater.

Like I said, I am 100% behind Hack for this season, his future decision, and will be rooting for him in the NFL he is pure class. He has been through alot in his few years at PSU and now the fan base his turning on him.

Disgusting!
I agree with you 100% Hack came here when he could have went anywhere and he also stayed when he could have transferred. I love the way people on this board think we could become a scoring machine if CJF sat Hack. I believe we would score less if we brought in the other QB it's plain and simple we are under coaching players. I heard CJF yesterday state how he is the CEO of PSU football it more than being a coach. I look at what happened to the Phillies with RA.jr I sure home that doesn't happen to us with are new CEO of Football.

The fact that you believe CH could run a spread offense and create time for himself by moving in the pocket....keep the defense honest by running QB draws......make the hot read and get the ball out quickly....etc... tells me everything I need to know. You are seriously delusional if you think PSU's offensive production would go up simply by spreading he field with receivers and letting CH's decision-making, play-making ability, decision-makng ability and quick release break down the defense....that or you just simply haven't been watching CH even when he's been given good protection -- he possesses none of the qualities to be successful under the type of schemes you are promoting, the DIAMETRIC OPPOSITE in fact.

But hey, I know you know more than all the coaches in regards to all this stuff which is why you're on a message board telling us how bad a DI-A staff with long resumes and highly compensated is??? Clearly however, you stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night though....good grief some of you people are amusing.
1st paragraph outstanding.. 2nd Not so much..

I agree with you 100% Hack came here when he could have went anywhere and he also stayed when he could have transferred. I love the way people on this board think we could become a scoring machine if CJF sat Hack. I believe we would score less if we brought in the other QB it's plain and simple we are under coaching players. I heard CJF yesterday state how he is the CEO of PSU football it more than being a coach. I look at what happened to the Phillies with RA.jr I sure home that doesn't happen to us with are new CEO of Football.

It is not the whole fan base. It could be less than 1%. Did the fans run OB out of town? 99% of them loved OB when he was the coach.

Did you think PSU was going to go through the sanctions unscathed? PSU lost about 20 4 star recruits in the 2012 and 2013 classes. Some of the kids they signed after kids decommitted had NO other offers. Can you name any to 20 teams that finished below PSU in recruiting in 2012 and 2013?

The reality is anyone who picked this team to go 10-2 was out of touch.

No. I don't get into predicting records. What is upsetting is that we have a $4.5mm coach plus his staff and in week one could not seem to make any adjustments they ran the same plays over and over and used the same formations through the entire game.

If the team is going to flame out due to depth that's one thing and I can live with that as long as the scheme is creative.

Histrionics aside, you have a pretty good point here, Bushwood. Hack's strengths do not currently include making the hot read and getting the ball out quickly. What this team could really use right now is a QB like Marriota, a guy who is both fleet afoot and good at making reads and executing quickly. Or even just a QB who is fleet afoot.

Right - b/c Newsome, Bolden and Jones at one time were the answer...

ADVERTISEMENT