ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Gary Brown a Badger

According to Football Scoop, Penn State alum and former Dallas Cowboys running back coach Gary Brown will replace John Settle (to Kentucky) as running backs coach for the Wisconsin Badgers. Brown sat out the 2020 season while undergoing cancer treatments.
Glad to hear he is back in the saddle.....even if it is riding a Badger!🦡

According to Football Scoop, Penn State alum and former Dallas Cowboys running back coach Gary Brown will replace John Settle (to Kentucky) as running backs coach for the Wisconsin Badgers. Brown sat out the 2020 season while undergoing cancer treatments.
Link for a story from the Williamsport Sun Gazette on his hiring at Wisconsin. I know our Inn was full but he would have been a good hire for our RB's.
https://www.sungazette.com/sports/l...t-standout-gary-brown-as-running-backs-coach/

Very interesting. Running back from local high school going to Wisconsin to be a RB, my son was going to talk to him to see if Brown has reached out to the new recruits.
The local RB may become a WR as he is 6’ 1” at a minimum and is lean Good kid who I will be rooting for.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Terrific ... A great unselfish PSU all the way guy....and rare talent.
Gary has a pretty good resume as a coach, he's also a very personable guy and I believe he will be a great recruiter. It definitely has to help that he's been and coached 1000 yd NFL backs.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Back in my High School dayz. I was a Sophomore for State College and Gary was a Senior for Williamsport. Williamsport was the #5 team in the state. We were not having a good year. But we was fired up for this game. Memory may be fading. But I remember we were leading end of 3rd quarter 14-12. Gary ran for 112 yards and 2 touchdowns in the 4th quarter. We couldn't stop him, power, speed endurance. That's when I knew he was special.

Back in my High School dayz. I was a Sophomore for State College and Gary was a Senior for Williamsport. Williamsport was the #5 team in the state. We were not having a good year. But we was fired up for this game. Memory may be fading. But I remember we were leading end of 3rd quarter 14-12. Gary ran for 112 yards and 2 touchdowns in the 4th quarter. We couldn't stop him, power, speed endurance. That's when I knew he was special.
haha we played Gary's middle school team when I was in 8th grade, my best friend tackled him, might be the ONLY one on our team who tackled him that day

The family just can’t get a clean shake with cancer. 99% sure both his parents died of it in there 50’s. His daughter had it too. Such a shame because they all were/are such nice people to me and my family.

• Sad
Reactions: creamery freak
ADVERTISEMENT