SIAP- Futures schedule announced

PSU95alum

Jul 27, 2006
Meh!

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/021218aaa.html

13111699.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: psu00
Meh is right. I'd think about going to an away Nevada or San Jose St. game and work it around a vacation in either location, but this is nothing to write home about :confused:

Sep. 5 NEVADA
Sep. 12 at Virginia Tech
Sep. 19 SAN JOSE STATE
Sep. 26 NORTHWESTERN
Oct. 3 at Michigan
Oct. 10 BYE
Oct. 17 IOWA
Oct. 24 OHIO STATE
Oct. 31 at Indiana
Nov. 7 at Nebraska
Nov. 14 MICHIGAN STATE
Nov. 21 MARYLAND
Nov. 28 at Rutgers
Dec. 5 Big Ten Championship Game (Lucas Oil Stadium; Indianapolis)

My only complaint is I’d rather see Army, Navy, which were once eastern rivals or Temple? Why not bring in Temple for 2:1 deals it’s really three home games for us going down to Philly which bring us us more NJDelMarVa exposure which we need for recruiting.

Also, we’d be better off bringing up FAU, FIU for Florida recruiting exposure.

My only complaint is I’d rather see Army, Navy, which were once eastern rivals or Temple? Why not bring in Temple for 2:1 deals it’s really three home games for us going down to Philly which bring us us more NJDelMarVa exposure which we need for recruiting.

We aren't going to do 2 for 1s. They're taking Nevada and SJSU because there's no return trip

Yes, because no one in the New Jersey Delaware, Maryland, Virginia areas has ever heard of Penn State.

Reactions: Cpeplion
There are soooo many teams I'd rather schedule than these teams. I'd love to see PSU come down to ACC land.

They aren't giving up a home game. I mean, yes, they scheduled Va Tech so the other two games have to be people willing to travel here. I just don't understand how they can't get a AAC team. Or at least a Colorado State, Air Force, Boise State, Fresno State type from the MWC not Nevada/SJSU

Reactions: psu00
We are only going to have one marquee OOC matchup a year. I know Nevada is not a sexy game but we are going to VT that year. We all know what the formula is with a 9 game conference schedule. One big OOC matchup and two cupcakes.

Like it or not, the schedule of OOC games will consist of one P5 school and two G5 schools. Some people complain about the constant rotation of MAC schools then others complain when they try to schedule new teams. Nevada and San Jose State are teams outside the typical rotation so for that I give the AD some credit.

Last edited:
Reactions: NJPSU
There are soooo many teams I'd rather schedule than these teams. I'd love to see PSU come down to ACC land.
Are you also willing to pony up and donate the $7 million that will lose by not having a 7th home game?

Reactions: john4psu
I don’t know about anyone else, but I am really looking forward to the September 7, 2024 game against Bowling Green.

With any luck it will one day be mentioned in the same breath as the legendary 2006 Youngstown State game.

Reactions: AvgUser
Are you also willing to pony up and donate the $7 million that will lose by not having a 7th home game?
Nope. Not at all. But hey, why not just leave the conference and play 12 home games against teams that don’t require 1 for 1’s? When people stop watching and paying full price for these preseason games, maybe they’ll do something about it.

Temple is not worth giving up a $7 million pay day for a game in Philly. The last game there didn’t even sell out. Playing Temple, FAU or FIU is going to do nothing for recruiting. Every game is televised these days so you are not going to get any more exposure. Do you think a recruit going to say I not going to Penn state because they didn’t play FIU.

Coaches hate playing the academies. Hard to prep for and they hate the potential for knee injuries with all the cut blocks.

LineMountian, I agree. Leave the three stiffs in the MAC and other mid major conferences and keep it in the region. Play Temple, Army, and Navy every year and one tough OOC from the SEC or the ACC which they are pretty much doing. There is absolutely no benefit to playing the MWC teams. None.

Nope. Not at all. But hey, why not just leave the conference and play 12 home games against teams that don’t require 1 for 1’s? When people stop watching and paying full price for these preseason games, maybe they’ll do something about it.

We'd be giving up a ton of TV money--that's the real money.
I agree people should stop going to those games but we all know they won't

They are already playing at Virginia Tech and then 9 Big 10 games.

You want them to play 12 Power 5 conference teams?

Temple is not worth giving up a $7 million pay day for a game in Philly. The last game there didn’t even sell out. Playing Temple, FAU or FIU is going to do nothing for recruiting. Every game is televised these days so you are not going to get any more exposure. Do you think a recruit going to say I not going to Penn state because they didn’t play FIU.

Coaches hate playing the academies. Hard to prep for and they hate the potential for knee injuries with all the cut blocks.

Yup, everyone want the best coaches, best facilities, and PSU has to have teams in every sport. Paying for them is another matter.

Reactions: PSU_Nut
Why? Name a FBS program that did not play two cup cake OOC games? Alabama had Colorado State, Fresno State and Mercer. Georgia had App State and Samford. Oaklahoma had UTep and Tulane. Ohio State had army and UNLV.
Why should I name schools that play cup cakes if I want to be Penn State Proud? I think we should play anyone anytime.....and if we lose so be it. PSU hasn't won a National Title in over 30 years doing it your way. Maybe you should be the one explaining more why we should continue with the Groundhog Day Schedule?

Aside from the fact they schedule a pre-season top 10 on a near yearly basis
Also, Saban hates how they schedule and he's correct about how schedules should be made.

You left out one little detail: in the last ten years, Bama has only played one home-and-home OOC series, with PSU in 2010-11. Every other marquee match-up they've had has been on neutral turf. That produces two things: a) $$$$$$$$$$$$$; and b) no requirement to face a top team on that team's field.

Now if PSU could swing that, hell, they should do it three times a season. Ain't happenin'.

Reactions: bytir
Why should I name schools that play cup cakes if I want to be Penn State Proud? I think we should play anyone anytime.....and if we lose so be it. PSU hasn't won a National Title in over 30 years doing it your way. Maybe you should be the one explaining more why we should continue with the Groundhog Day Schedule?

Pride is great, but it don't pay the bills.

Can't believe anyone doesn't realize how this works by now. Too bad we can't play them in November.

Why? Name a FBS program that did not play two cup cake OOC games? Alabama had Colorado State, Fresno State and Mercer. Georgia had App State and Samford. Oaklahoma had UTep and Tulane. Ohio State had army and UNLV.
Check out Clemson’s schedule this year. The only ranked team they play is Florida St. not sure why everyone is bitching. This is the formula. If you want to go total Alabama, then you move the San Jose St game to the week before you play Michigan or Ohio State. Please. You have enough of a slate, then you want to pile in a trip to the Carolinas or Midwest?? Why?

I’d be happy if we never play Temple again. Their fans are horrible and my experience the last game I attended in the Linc was awful. It’s a no win situation for Penn State. Continue to bring in Nevada or San Jose. We get enough tough competition in the Big and we need some early games to get our new starters some playing experience before things get tough.

Reactions: Nitwit97
Check out Clemson’s schedule this year. The only ranked team they play is Florida St. not sure why everyone is bitching. This is the formula. If you want to go total Alabama, then you move the San Jose St game to the week before you play Michigan or Ohio State. Please. You have enough of a slate, then you want to pile in a trip to the Carolinas or Midwest?? Why?

If Barbour can schedule like Alabama I promise to never say anything negative about her again.

Pride is great, but it don't pay the bills.
Well .....we do not know for a fact that a tougher schedule would not make more money........you can say it doesn't......but we don't know that.

Well .....we do not know for a fact that a tougher schedule would not make more money........you can say it doesn't......but we don't know that.

If you want a tougher schedule, that PSU will have to reciprocate and travel to the other guy's ball yard. How does PSU make more money with fewer home games?

If you want a tougher schedule, that PSU will have to reciprocate and travel to the other guy's ball yard. How does PSU make more money with fewer home games?
Neutral site?

Exactly...when you play in a tough division and a tough Conference, you don’t need to jack up your OOC schedule with all P5 teams. One tough OOC game plus the teams in the conference will give PSU plenty of games to build a resume.

Neutral site?

Sure, like PSU just snaps its fingers and it happens.

Works beautifully for Alabama, though. So well, in fact, that it's annual OOC schedule for the last ten years, save 2010-11 when it played PSU, has been one neutral site marquee match up and three at-home tomato cans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT