ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP - Fan of opposing team grabbed by the throat at an NFL game. Guess where?

That's pretty ridiculous by the clearly drunk guy. But what's also ridiculous in the article is mentioning she's pregnant. You can't tell that from the video, and all that does is make it clickbait. (Nothing against the OP, but the article itself)

That's pretty ridiculous by the clearly drunk guy. But what's also ridiculous in the article is mentioning she's pregnant. You can't tell that from the video, and all that does is make it clickbait. (Nothing against the OP, but the article itself)
I agree. I removed "pregnant" from the thread title. People can judge the article as they see fit.

Jeez.....and I thought, based on the comments on this board, that all Pittsburgh fans were more holy than the Good Lord. That Pittsburgh fans are the "classiest" of all. Was I lied to?

Hmmmm.....I guess the appropriate response I should expect is "Bad fans everywhere, but at least we are better than ______________".

STFU

So this was about a "down in front" situation?

If so it's one of the key reasons I don't attend football games anymore. You buy an expensive "seat" and then have to stand the whole game. Can't do that with my age and medical issues.

There's a good chance I'll be in the Orlando area on New Years Day and won't be attending the game. My last game was to support the 2011 team in Dallas. Even for that one my wife and I had to move back to an empty area to see the game.

So this was about a "down in front" situation?

If so it's one of the key reasons I don't attend football games anymore. You buy an expensive "seat" and then have to stand the whole game. Can't do that with my age and medical issues.

There's a good chance I'll be in the Orlando area on New Years Day and won't be attending the game. My last game was to support the 2011 team in Dallas. Even for that one my wife and I had to move back to an empty area to see the game.
I don't care what fanbase anyone belongs to, but if you stand while everyone else is sitting, you are a douche bag and should be kicked out. If you need to stretch your legs out every once and a while, buy standing room or take a bathroom break every now and then.

Reactions: Carl Spackler
Jeez.....and I thought, based on the comments on this board, that all Pittsburgh fans were more holy than the Good Lord. That Pittsburgh fans are the "classiest" of all. Was I lied to?

Hmmmm.....I guess the appropriate response I should expect is "Bad fans everywhere, but at least we are better than ______________".
:p

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- The man famed in Philadelphia sports history as the Santa Claus who was booed and hit with snowballs at an Eagles game on a winter day in 1968 has died.

Frank Olivo died early Thursday at Kindred Hospital Philadelphia-Havertown after a long battle with heart disease, diabetes and other ailments, according to his cousin, Richard Monastra. He was 66.

Olivo, filling in for a snowbound Santa, ran downfield to the sound of "Here Comes Santa Claus" but was jeered and pelted with snowballs.

Monastra said his cousin took it in stride, even telling one nearby fan who hit him squarely with a snowball that he could expect coal in his stocking that Christmas morning.

And far from minding his moment in sports history, Monastra said Olivo "gloried in it."

I don't care what fanbase anyone belongs to, but if you stand while everyone else is sitting, you are a douche bag and should be kicked out. If you need to stretch your legs out every once and a while, buy standing room or take a bathroom break every now and then.

What about the reverse? What if everybody is standing the whole game? Does that make it OK because it is group behavior?

Good comeback. Quality retort.

My cousin worked at Heinz Field in a customer service type role for a number of years. I couldn't believe some of the stories she told. Things like this are far too common.

Being a Browns fan, I've seen a long list of horrendous fan behavior both in person and on social media, but it all goes back to your point. Steelers fans love to prop themselves up as somehow being classier.

My cousin worked at Heinz Field in a customer service type role for a number of years. I couldn't believe some of the stories she told. Things like this are far too common.

Being a Browns fan, I've seen a long list of horrendous fan behavior both in person and on social media, but it all goes back to your point. Steelers fans love to prop themselves up as somehow being classier.
Maybe they're PSU fans also.

I am going to propose a logo for this Board, chosen because it represents what most here are very good at doing. Pittsburgh, Philly, Ohio State, Pitt, Trump, Democrats, Republicans.... the finger pointing never stops. I should understand by now that it's the nature of a message board, and I may be guilty of it from time to time myself, but it grows tiresome nonetheless.

wartime-clipart-il_570xN.540904661_nnty.jpg

I am going to propose a logo for this Board, chosen because it represents what most here are very good at doing. Pittsburgh, Philly, Ohio State, Pitt, Trump, Democrats, Republicans.... the finger pointing never stops. I should understand by now that it's the nature of a message board, and I may be guilty of it from time to time myself, but it grows tiresome nonetheless.

As the saying goes, when one points a finger at someone else, there are three fingers pointing back at them.

What about the reverse? What if everybody is standing the whole game? Does that make it OK because it is group behavior?
That's a tough one, especially if we have the kids with us. My expectations are to sit throughout a game but if the circumstances are that everyone is standing, I would hope it would be for a good reason and I'm ok with that.

GQ recently named the city of Philadelphia #1 city.

What a mistake that was! HAHAHA!

;););)

Seriously, congrats Philly!!

But it's their fault, not mine.

Wow. One of the MANY reasons, just one of the reasons, why you do not choke a woman is because she might be pregnant. If you decide to choke a woman in a public place, and she turns out to be pregnant, YOU are not the victim. She still is. Jebus.

At first I thought you were making an ironic, cruel joke.

Wow. One of the MANY reasons, just one of the reasons, why you do not choke a woman is because she might be pregnant. If you decide to choke a woman in a public place, and she turns out to be pregnant, YOU are not the victim. She still is. Jebus.
At first I thought you were making an ironic, cruel joke.
What if one decides to “choke their chicken” in a public place? Who is the victim? Does it matter if the “chicken” is in its’ first, second or third trimester? Would you represent the “chicken” pro bono?

What if one decides to “choke their chicken” in a public place? Who is the victim? Does it matter if the “chicken” is in its’ first, second or third trimester? Would you represent the “chicken” pro bono?
Douche.

ADVERTISEMENT