ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: A Horrific Paterno "opinion piece" in the Cleveland paper

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
the only good news is that the comments are fairly positive. This guy, Livingston, is a horses ass. I've emailed him and offered to meet him for coffee to discuss, he never responds.

His comments are out of date and in great error.

a-hole. I hope Jay responds to him.

Reactions: mn78psu83
the only good news is that the comments are fairly positive. This guy, Livingston, is a horses ass. I've emailed him and offered to meet him for coffee to discuss, he never responds.

Oy vey! Horrific is right. Talk about a short and tailored hit piece. Wow. This guy has a Paul Bunyan-sized axe to grind. By the way, that loplop guy is giving him hell. ;)

According to this tool, Paterno was even "conspiritorial" when talking to beat reporters. Throw in the Italian gestures, and talk about spies, all he's doing is trying to make Joe sound like a mafioso.

Then he has the obligatory talk about the patsies we played for 45 years. This coming from a guy who's popping a boner because tOSU beat Bowling Green and Tulsa so far this year.

One thing I find very funny ....... that quote by JoePa as regards Woody Hayes didn't feel right. So I did a Google search.

And if you Google search "you have to be able to control yourself" and "Joe Paterno" --- you get TWO hits.

TWO hits on ALL of Google.

One of the hits is a 2004 Collegian article about bouncers at State College bars. It only gets a Google hit because one quote is in the article, then there's something else Paterno on the page (which makes sense, given it's the Collegian).

The second hit is Livingston's article.

Something tells me Livingston is making up quotes. I sent an e-mail to Livingston's editor, because if Livingston is making stuff up, that's highly unethical for a journalist, of course.

Last edited:
Why the f--k would I care what the average American thinks about Paterno? It isn't about them. Besides, the bigger question is what the average American knows factually about Paterno, not that I give a f--k about that either.

An Ohio State fan complains about playing patsies . Not even talking about their out of conference schedule. Playing Illinois, Indiana, northwestern, Purdue, until recently Michigan State is not a parade of heavyweights. To paraphrase Joe Louis it looks like the bum of the week parade.

One thing I find very funny ....... that quote by JoePa as regards Woody Hayes didn't feel right. So I did a Google search.

And if you Google search "you have to be able to control yourself" and "Joe Paterno" --- you get TWO hits.

TWO hits on ALL of Google.

One of the hits is a 2004 Collegian article about bouncers at State College bars. It only gets a Google hit because one quote is in the article, then there's something else Paterno on the page (which makes sense, given it's the Collegian).

The second hit is Livingston's article.

Something tells me Livingston is making up quotes. I sent an e-mail to Livingston's editor, because if Livingston is making stuff up, that's highly unethical for a journalist, of course.

There are no ethics in Journalism anymore--other than "get clicks". Had that issue with a columnist in our local paper regarding our civic association. Had a column ripping us over an issue where we (and the police) supposedly "did nothing". Wasn't true at all, and he never bothered to talk with us. His response to my critique was "I thought it was a good story". And I got deafening silence from the Editor when I took it up a level.

Well that's just not true.
They are the ones the voters picked, however, thru the primary process. Not taking sides either way, but I'm still baffled by that. The two candidates with the highest negative indices were the ones chosen.

Reactions: Nosoj
"Freedom" of the Press I suppose.

This is the land of the free. Free to do and say whatever the F you want.

I picked the wrong profession. I'm held accountable For the shit I say and do. But the press... It's a travesty.

See here's the flip side... This is the number one issue we face today.

We take the time to correct the inaccuracies in the reports. That translates to the sheeple as a blind defense of our golden calf. All while they have the blind outrage.

I'm surprised it's gone on as long as it has, from our side. You can't fix stupid so it really is a waste of time no matter how terrible that sounds.

But I'll put it this way... We've read the lair for the last 5 years. If there was ever a time to measure the online outrage (internet muscles) and how it trickles to a live situation, Saturday was the day to do it. And I, personally, found what I saw to be mind boggling. I found nothing. I had a good time Saturday from morning wake up to late evening pass the F out. Ever person I talked to was cool and I went out of my way to talk to as many strangers as possible. The only negative encounter was from a PSU fan, a woman in her 50s. I lit a cigarette and she flipped out claiming I was in her tailgate area as I passed through. I was in the street. So I took one big side step to my right and said is that better? And she just turned her back on me.

I think everyone had a great time. And that's what life is all about.

Reactions: Zenophile
Ding ding ding!!!! X 600,0000,00"0,00,",0,0,0,0,0 (you get the point).

I vividly remember the Colin K thread from last week. I remember psualum10 taking some things I said and running with it, just like above.

But the point is that fairgambit is 370 years old (at least that's how he makes it sound) and I'm 32. I'm a little more than 300 years younger than gambit, but our views align more often than not.
fairgambit's new board nickname is Methuselah.

Reactions: jim cummings

Cleveland is the mistake by the lake.

Cleveland is the mistake by the lake.

correction; NBA World Champion Mistake by the Lake.

80c197473bdc8eadccfc97a8d54c1441.jpg

Isn't he a former Inky or Daily News Writer??

Checked it--yes, he was an Inky writer. So it's likely personal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT