Shut the F*ck Up Trump

Discussion in 'Test/Politics Board' started by dailybuck777, Jul 6, 2020.

1. dailybuck777

dailybuck777 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

As one who supports most of Trump's policies, I am sometimes astonished as to how stupid and clumsy he can be. Bubba Wallace made a mistake which was somewhat understandable. Why should the President stoop to attacking him and then pointing to Nascar ratings. (Why the f*ck should the President be concerned with ratings.)

To the Lefties here, Trump's many mistakes and gaffes won't come close to turning me to vote for lunatic Dem policies, such as open borders, defunding the police, banning or substantially limiting fracking, and banning standardized testing. I will be filling out a Republican questionaire soon and will include the title of this thread in my response. The Dems are trying to give him the election with all of their objectively stupid policies and by nominating a candidate with the intellect of a child, but he won't take it. Be interesting to see who wins the race to the bottom.

Jerry, psuted, gjbankos and 8 others like this.
  2. m.knox

m.knox Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Policy.

It's all about policy. Not personality. Democrat policy is wrong. We've witnessed it in real time these last 4 years.

3. dailybuck777

Expand Collapse

I agree. If Trump could keep his mouth shut, it would be more about policy. He makes himself an issue when he doesn't need to.

4. kjb32812

kjb32812 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

OP is spot on.

Bad news for Dems is that Trump has provided a blueprint for someone else who has even an ounce of tact to continue/expand on his policies while not looking like a buffoon and using a little diplomacy while doing it.

Mixolydian and jrs1024 like this.
  5. bourbon n blues

bourbon n blues Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Wrong . Remember GWB? The media will find some issue some way and make a big deal out of it.
    No one but him calls out the BS. Your average republican is scared to fight . I believe the President's policies are better, but losers and appeasers don't get to make policy. Winners do.

6. m.knox

m.knox Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Yeah he does. But who really is paying attention? Those that can't concentrate and get distracted by a shiny object... like @macdad25 for example.

Democrats will never inspire OUR NATIONS EMPLOYERS to grow, expand, raise wages for Americans of every RACE, RELIGION or SEX.... They have no universal message. Just a message to divide and foment hate.

7. DandyDonII

DandyDonII Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

OP's original thoughts were the exact same as mine when I read the quote....God he is such a douche.....But damn, I don't want Biden appointing the next supreme court justice(s)

gjbankos, Fayette_LION, Ski and 3 others like this.
  8. dailybuck777

Expand Collapse

As a politician, you sometimes have to compromise your principles and eat crow. Ronald Reagan famously broke his promise in concrete not to support withholding taxes in California and stated: ""I can hear the concrete cracking around my feet."

Long-term if you round off the sharp edges, it helps.

m.knox likes this.
  9. dailybuck777

Expand Collapse

Pence would win in a landslide.

10. jrs1024

jrs1024 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

GW Bush
    John McCain
    Mitt Romney
    Bernie Sanders
    Joe Biden
    Donald Trump

All called racist when they were running and/or in office.

11. dailybuck777

Expand Collapse

You are right in that the Dems are hateful and throw around the racist epithet at the drop of a hat. However, Trump just makes it easier for them. He should just leave Bubba Wallace alone and should have curtailed his remarks at Charlottesville where he totally condemned neo-Nazis and white nationalism. At that point in time, no reason to mention good people on both sides. Gives the Dems the opportunity to lie to their uninformed followers.

Needs to tone it way down and let the Dem stupidity and killings speak for themselves, which they do in fact.

m.knox and jrs1024 like this.
  12. jrs1024

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

It was pretty stupid. An unforced error. It was already out of the news cycle. He didn’t have to go there. I think Wallace is a little bit of a dick for going with the story and going on tv with it because it just made the left media call nascar racist. And I don’t even like nascar. I’m just tired of everything and everyone being called racist with zero proof.

Dzapper, royboy and LioninHouston like this.
  13. dailybuck777

Expand Collapse

You are correct, but there are way better instances of false racism claims to call out than this one, which makes Wallace a martyr.

14. DingerzForDaze

DingerzForDaze Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Here's the kicker ... Bubba Wallace didn't even make a mistake. His crew brought it to NASCAR's attention, and NASCAR told Bubba it was a hate crime. Bubba did nothing wrong.

That's what makes what Trump is doing so hideous ... not only is he acting like an awful human being for personally attacking someone who did nothing to him or to the country ... but he's willfully attacking someone under false pretenses.

But that won't stop all the racists from comparing Bubba to Smollett, or saying Bubba screwed up.

Trump's a phucking criminal. Get him out of office if you ever want a chance at redeeming yourself and regaining some integrity.

2lion70, Grove Lion and Jason1743 like this.
  15. bourbon n blues

Expand Collapse

Reagan , don't forget him.

16. jrs1024

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

To be clear, I agree. The left is going to keep digging it’s own grave. Honestly, I didn’t really care about his Rushmore speech, but he didn’t make any errors there. I find his riffing funny, and most of the time it’s fine. But man, he’s got some takes on Twitter that are obscenely politically stupid. This was one of them.

Ski and dailybuck777 like this.
  17. jrs1024

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Before my time lol

The 2000 election was the first i was old enough to pay attention to and understand. Boy was that a crash course in the dems having no limits in their quest for power.

The Spin Meister and Dzapper like this.
  18. bourbon n blues

Expand Collapse

They've been lying since I remember . One thing the president does is dominate the news. He's in their head.
    There is no honest policy discussion these days because the left loses that debate if they play it straight.
    Trump is the only one that hits back since Reagan, except he's better. The deck is stacked so much more against a Republican than it was back then. The rest of the party better learn to fight too, or it's all over.

Ski likes this.
  19. Dzapper

Dzapper Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I agree with you. When it comes down to it, I will vote for him despite who he is as a person. But, damn, he's making it harder and harder to live with that decision.

I have two problems with people who excuse or ignore the way he acts because of his "policies".

As I have said a number of times, Trump has no moral or political compass. He could very easily change his "policies" in a NY minute if it benefited him personally. That being said, thus far (and into the immediate future) he must believe it serves his best interest to align with Republicans and others on the right. So, I'll cross my fingers and hope that lasts. In any event, with Biden and the Dems there is no guessing....they will destroy the country.

The second issue is that Trump has basically disrupted the Republican Party and set it back as a strong force for conservatism for a long time after he slithers back under whatever rock he's heading for after he leaves the Presidency. He will leave a stain that won't wash away easily.

Well, the Dems have survived LBJ, Carter and Clinton, so I suppose there's hope for us.

20. bourbon n blues

Expand Collapse

George Bush raised taxes. His son expanded Medicare .
    Conservatives need to quit being cowards and fight .
    And he did beat how many challengers. Conservatives need to stop acting like politics is some debate club. It's a tough vicious game and if you don't win , your ideas mean nothing.

Ski likes this.
  21. jrs1024

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

The democratic control of narrative is almost at 1984 levels. It makes messaging nearly impossible for a republican right now.

That said, the left has legitimately insane ideas. Even if they win in 2020, republicans will find a way to get the senate or house in 2022. I don’t love the republicans, particularly the pro-big business crowd and pro-war crowd. But they at least serve as a societal alternative to “completely nuts”.

22. KnightWhoSaysNit

KnightWhoSaysNit Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

The thing that is hard to imagine is that no one is close enough to Trump to tell him that his tweets are politically counter productive.

At no time in our history, at least in my memory, have we had such an awful choice. Both POTUS candidates are mindless.

It is unimaginable that two of the worst rose to the peak. How does that happen? It is all about political party affiliation and being drawn into the depths of Group Think. You're either a part of Group Think, or you have to have the money and exposure to buy your way into the process as an independent. Just getting to that kind of power normally involves some form of corruption.

Obviously the best candidates for POTUS -- that would represent what most Americans actually want/need -- have no possibility of both (1) getting on the ballot, and (2) getting their views heard.

Trump got in because he had money, exposure, and people wanting someone who was an outsider to Washington's corruption. Without all three he does not win.

That is what it takes. Otherwise ...

The media controls our choice. They will only allow democrats and republicans on the stage. They are the ones actually in control of America's future. We'd like to think voters get to choose. We do not.

We are probably headed towards communism, because our institutions have already become corrupted. There is no mechanism to defeat the power mongers running these political parties. The left side, in particular, is particularly dangerous to the existence of a free republic. But the right side is also responsible. They sold out the middle class, just like the left side, and lost its moral high ground in the process.

23. macdad25

macdad25 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

24. DingerzForDaze

DingerzForDaze Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

So your claim is that, if Trump just stuck to the policies, he'd destroy the opposition. And that you guys love him because of how awesome his policies are. Hmmm ... you'd think, if any of that were true, that Mr. CaresOnlyAboutHimself would find this out, and shut down the craziness, and just focus on his awesome policies.

I wonder why he doesn't? Could it be that you're completely full of shit, and he knows the only way he can win is to rile up other hateful phuckwads to wage a culture war of "Lock Her Up" and "Let's Hang Bubba Wallace and Restore the Dream of those Great Americans, the Confederates"?

pioneerlion83 and Grove Lion like this.
  25. bourbon n blues

Expand Collapse

Exactly .

26. dailybuck777

Expand Collapse

It is smarter and tougher to play the game beneath the surface, as the Dems did with Russiagate and Carter Page. They corruptly filed false documents and mostly kept their mouth shut in 2016 and precipitated a huge 18 mo. investigation that was effective from their standpoint although it had zero valid underlying grounds.

Also, Obama filed a slick (in the worst sense) executive order instead of directly and inflammatorily addressing and exculpating illegal immigration. It worked from the Dem standpoint.

27. Dzapper

Expand Collapse

I am all for fighting on the issues, all day long with every weapon possible. Trump does fight on some real issues. But, he also fights on things that he shouldn't even be involved with. He creates distractions for the Dems to use against him and burns political capital with the Republicans he needs to be working with.

This is not a matter of cowardice or will to fight. It's about doing it wisely and effectively so that you can achieve your goals. I agree with you that it's about winning....that's the object ....what we disagree about is how to do it. It isn't all about being the tough guy.

dailybuck777 likes this.
  28. dailybuck777

Expand Collapse

Undoubtedly, he has been told thousands of times and doesn't listen. Imagine if he had Kayleigh Mcnany's (sp) presence.

29. bourbon n blues

Expand Collapse

I just see it differently. I've seen republicans cave to often and not fight . Not countering the media's bias.
    I don't focus on twitter personally. To me it appears that he uses it to drive the left nuts and it's drawn them out.
    Let them focus on that, it doesn't bother me. Is not like they'll report on anything honestly so why not give them some nonsense to chuckle out.
    I like him because he doesn't talk in politicaspeak. I'm sick of obviously chosen words that sound boring and trite.
    Take for example current commercials ? I want to smack anyone associated with " during this trying times " or explaining how "they care". Give it to me straight and in your own words . And imperfect delivery works fine for me.

KnightWhoSaysNit and Cosmos like this.
  30. m.knox

m.knox Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Like Biden saying he will "root out systemic racism".... It's laughable that his sycophants believe that to be true.... Yet they do.

31. franklinman

franklinman Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Dems don't have to do or say a thing. We can sit back and watch Filthy Don do his race baiting weekly and destroy himself. He will not stop this for the next 3-4 months, its not in him.

32. m.knox

m.knox Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Frank confirms his party is devoid of ideas... Well done Frank.

Cosmos and Dzapper like this.
  33. Dzapper

Expand Collapse

I feel the same way. Fvck PC. Fvck all jargon and no substance.....I'm as pissed about it as anyone.

But, what then? Can you honestly tell me the Trump model is the way to achieve conservative goals? He may make you fell good that the libs are finally getting what they deserve....great. But, that's the side show. The real art of governing calls for compromise. We lost the House. We may lose the Senate. .....and possibly the Presidency. Why? Because conservative ideas aren't better than what the libs have to offer or because the very person who is most responsible for promoting those ideas is too busy being a narcissistic jackass?

34. franklinman

Expand Collapse

When you're running against a candidate that has NO self control, no discipline, let him do his thing Knoxy.

35. Osprey Lion

Osprey Lion Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Speaking of the intellect of a child, look in the mirror.

36. Fayette_LION

Fayette_LION Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

100% correct. It's all about policies and the courts.

37. macdad25

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

The Lincoln Project. Good Lord. ‘Whispers’ they call this one. Trump has a ‘loyalty’ problem.

LafayetteBear likes this.
  38. franklinman

Expand Collapse

Its more a mental, personality problem.

39. macdad25

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Of course. But this will send him into a paranoia tizzy.

40. macdad25

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse