ADVERTISEMENT

SHORT TIME: Iowa head coach Tom Brands looking ahead to Penn State

Interesting comments by coach brands - thanks for posting this - Brands appears to be a class act.

Originally posted by therod:

Interesting comments by coach brands - thanks for posting this - Brands appears to be a class act.My opinon (FWIW) of Brands has improved significantly over time. Less he looks like a Mexican jumping bean during a match and the more he speaks thoughfully about wrestling, the more I like him.

hi old friend - One thing I love about the Brands bows is the fact that they could probably control what they are doing but they really don't care and they don't worry about it. They get into the matches and are having fun. That's my opinion. I remember seeing a video of Alger hanging on to coach Gable like he was going to fly away if he let go during a close match, its all in the fun of the moment. These are intense guys, they are not crazy, they are intense and having fun in the moment. It your not a Hawk fan and you want something to complain about or talk about they are easy targets and provide lots of ammo. However, if your doing something to promote wrestling or trying to help someone out, you won't find any better Men. Lots of great coaches out there and they all have different styles. I like our guys.

JW- Super seeing you back! And, I can see your perspective about being excited and loving your coaches. Hope to see you post more and happy you are feeling better!!!
smile.r191677.gif

Originally posted by lionlover:

Originally posted by therod:

Interesting comments by coach brands - thanks for posting this - Brands appears to be a class act.

My opinon (FWIW) of Brands has improved significantly over time. Less he looks like a Mexican jumping bean during a match and the more he speaks thoughfully about wrestling, the more I like him.
Ill take the Mexican jumping bean analogy any day of the week.The fact he is demonstrative is what I like about both him and Terry.Its not a damn chess match.

ADVERTISEMENT