ADVERTISEMENT

Short PSA for Penn State Football Fans:

If the handle Maryland, the Penn State squad will be watching NEXT week's "Championship Week" games, from nice comfy easy chairs, knowing that:

If things fall into place on that day, Penn State could very well be in the "Final Four" - either as the top ranked BigTen team, or as the second BigTen team in the field.

(It will take just about all of the Championship games to break the right way, and it is unlikely they all will - I'm figuring maybe a shot in 20 - but it will be a possibility)
Alabama beats Auburn and Georgia.
Miami beats Clemson.
Oklahoma beats TCU.
Michigan beats OSU and OSU beats Wisconsin.
Stanford beats Notre Dame.
and just to be sure ...USC loses in PAC 12 championship game

That should about do it ...

Reactions: gslachta
Miami beats Clemson.
Oklahoma beats TCU.

Don't forget... West Virginia beats Oklahoma

Reactions: gslachta
If the handle Maryland, the Penn State squad will be watching NEXT week's "Championship Week" games, from nice comfy easy chairs, knowing that:

If things fall into place on that day, Penn State could very well be in the "Final Four" - either as the top ranked BigTen team, or as the second BigTen team in the field.

(It will take just about all of the Championship games to break the right way, and it is unlikely they all will - I'm figuring maybe a shot in 20 - but it will be a possibility)

I'll be satisfied with a major bowl against a quality opponent. We were so close this
year and next year is ours.

They better jump on them in the first series before Mayfield gets put back in after serving his long punishment.
First series? I expect Mayfield to be out for 1 play (TIC). All that was said, is he isn't starting. Hey, that might even include the opening kickoff, if WVU takes it to the house.

Notre Dame at Stanford
Georgia at GT
MiAmi at Pitt
Ohio State at Michigan.
Clemson at South Carolina

All within 2 touchdown point spread and all road teams we are hoping fall.

Alabama hopefully takes care of business as a road team.

I think most probable good outcomes will be ND losing, Alabama winning. That will move PSU to #8. Can we have 1 or 2 mild upsets from remainder of listed games??? Tough to win on the road in college football against good teams. Move PSU to 6 or 7 with some head to heads coming in championship week.

I'll be satisfied with a major bowl against a quality opponent. We were so close this
year and next year is ours.
I hope you're right, but we lose a ton of talent this year. Even my 11 YO daughter, who has some serious blue & white glasses, commented during the SR day ceremony that a lot of our good players are graduating. It's hard to point out a non-contributor from that list of losses to graduation.

If you're not graduating good players - your program isn't any good.

Good programs all lose good players. The programs stay good by replacing them with good players.
Certainly, some years you lose a few more than others.

Penn State is now in better position to replace good players with other good players, than it has been in 10 years.
That doesn't mean Penn State will win 10 games next year, but it is the natural process that is mandatory if a program is to have consistent success.
Reloading not rebuilding!!!! A new narrative.

Miami beats Clemson.
Oklahoma beats TCU.

Not a chance in heck we get in no matter what happens. Clemson would still get in before us as would others.

If you're not graduating good players - your program isn't any good.

Good programs all lose good players. The programs stay good by replacing them with good players.
Certainly, some years you lose a few more than others.

Penn State is now in better position to replace good players with other good players, than it has been in 10 years.
That doesn't mean Penn State will win 10 games next year, but it is the natural process that is mandatory if a program is to have consistent success.
I understand and agree with all you say, but I don't think we are in the "reload" mode just yet, which was what I interpreted Osprey to be referring to.

ADVERTISEMENT