ADVERTISEMENT

Shareef Miller & D Line

Locolion

Sep 3, 2005
Shareef Miller was a beast last night. Givens too.. Lots of great plays, especially in 2nd half. Parsons looked darn good. I thought Cam Brown played well. Secondary was effective.

On offense: O line played well. Miles Sanders is really good and strong. The real deal. Receivers are getting open, hopefully improvements on pass catching forthcoming (the rain does make it tougher).

Shareef Miller was a beast last night. Givens too.. Lots of great plays, especially in 2nd half. Parsons looked darn good. I thought Cam Brown played well. Secondary was effective.

On offense: O line played well. Miles Sanders is really good and strong. The real deal. Receivers are getting open, hopefully improvements on pass catching forthcoming (the rain does make it tougher).

Givens was definitely a beast. 7 tackles is a lot for a DT.

Miller only had 2 tackles, both for a loss. Franklin talked about how the DEs weren't "wrong shouldering" their blockers and he blamed that for a lot of Pitt's 1st half running success. I'm not sure how much Miller was a part of that.

Parsons had 7 tackles. Not overly impressive but certainly seems to be our best option (with lots of upside). Jan Johnson had 5 tackles. Brown had 4 tackles but my opinion is that he doesn't break down very well and tries too many arm tackles. Farmer had 1 tackle and didn't make much of an impact. Cooper had 1 tackle. He doesn't seem to be in the mix at all. Brooks 2 tackles, Luketa 1 tackle.

Amani had a clutch interception at the 1 yard line. The game could have gone differently if that pass was completed and Pitt didn't make so many mistakes. Other than that the secondary wasn't tested. My concern is where were the safeties on some of Pitt's 1st half run plays.

Reactions: WeR0206

DL and DE's played much better. Parsons had a few flashes and Cam did look better. Koa on the other hand. Yikes.
OL was very good but the WR's (Johnson and Thompkins) better wake up.

My thought on the LBs is that the staff doesn't feel comfortable putting multiple young guys out there yet. Micah is going to play so Brooks and Luketa will likely be slowly worked in until staff is more comfortable with their ability to diagnose things. Micah, Brown and one of the young guys are probably going to get the majority of the PT in the future come 2-3 weeks down the road, but will continue to start with Jan and Koa.

Reactions: step.eng69
Givens was great. However, that didn't stop Pitt from running all over us in the first half. I think we need others to step up on the INTERIOR D Line. I think it can happen. Hansard showed some glimpses and I hope Mustipher can become a force.

ROAR LIONS ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like Oweh needs a redshirt year. The one freshman I am pretty surprised we have yet to see is Shorter, especially given the dropsies. Perhaps they're saving the big man's four "free" games in case J.Johnson gets banged up?

Shorter is dealing with an injury

Reactions: Brian LB-U
I think Fred Hansard, in particular, played significantly stronger last night than he did against App State, where he looked completely outgunned. Looked like he held his own out there last night - I thought the defensive line overall played really well.

Reactions: Locolion
I think Fred Hansard, in particular, played significantly stronger last night than he did against App State, where he looked completely outgunned. Looked like he held his own out there last night - I thought the defensive line overall played really well.

Once Hansard can start consistently firing off the ball, he will make a big jump IMO. I noticed last night he was still late. That should come with experience though.

Reactions: Locolion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT