ADVERTISEMENT

Sexual harassment claims at Cal.

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
See the link below. From the article:

"The University of California's athletic department has referred allegations of sexual harassment to its Office for the Prevention of Harassment and Discrimination, the school said in a statement Wednesday.

Cal's response came after a former sports medicine intern in the athletic department outlined several alleged instances of sexual harassment she said involved unnamed Cal football players, coaches and staff members.

"We are aware of the very disturbing public allegations made on social media," Cal's statement read. "Allegations of sexual violence and sexual harassment by campus employees are confidential unless officials determine policy is violated, and disciplinary action has been decided."

Cal student Paige Cornelius wrote in a Facebook post that she has "medically withdrawn from school, seeking intensive therapy and psychiatry for the post traumatic stress syndrome and anxiety that happened from the time I spent working for the Cal Football team."

Cornelius outlined what she said were several alleged instances of sexual harassment involving players, coaches and staff members, including being told, "I will get you fired if you do not have sex with me" by someone she identified as a member of the coaching staff."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26318717/woman-accuses-cal-players-staff-harassment

The guy who ran over the trombone player had to know.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Please remember that some dumbass could have first thought that “she” referred to SB.

Since Sandy is among the best ADs in nation, as evidenced by her commanding an exorbitant salary and myriad staff members, you have to expect that she would be hounded with attractive offers from high-profile athletic departments. Aside from indigestion, something I'm sure that keeps barren up at night is the possibility of Sandy leaving Happy Valley.

Last edited:
Ira Lubert will soon announce that Karen Peetz and Ken Frazier have volunteered consulting services to Cal and will fashion an apology for those at PSU who should have done more.

Reactions: LafayetteBear
Well, this story is certainly dominating the Cal Boards, not to mention reports surfacing in all of the Bay Area newspapers. I also learned a new word today: "Finsta." It apparently means "Fake Instagram." (Feel like I should be yelling "Get off my lawn!" at this point.) Not sure whether the following image is or is not a 'Finsta," but things just got a bit murkier.

IMG-0644.jpg

You're a Cal grad? Seriously? And here I thought I had the BWI Board pretty much all to myself.

I thought you knew that. We have talked about places like Orinda before. I graduated in 99 and was an older student (33) . I lived in Walnut Creek at the time. I don't really feel much of a connection to the school or the athletic program. I grew up as a PSU fan.

I thought you knew that. We have talked about places like Orinda before. I graduated in 99 and was an older student (33) . I lived in Walnut Creek at the time. I don't really feel much of a connection to the school or the athletic program. I grew up as a PSU fan.
I forgot about it. A sign of my impending dotage. Sorry about that.

Reactions: Langmuir
Yet another incident that is reported long after the fact and not to police.

I say BS from the start

It's only bad for Cal if the media decides to get on this story. If the media decides that they have no interest in covering the story, then this will simply "go away" with a few relatively small and very low profile settlements.

One thing Cal has going for them is that they are a pretty low profile program. Headlines involving "Cal" just do not push the ratings meters or the click buttons, such as headlines involving "Joe Paterno".

One thing Cal does not have going for them is that they do not have a "media darling" coach such as Tom Izzo who the press will cover for by simply ignoring the story. I believe the biggest break MSU received was that Tom Izzo is a guy who is loved and admired by about 99.99% of the media, so they were extremely hesitant to go after anything that would be negative against one of their guys. This made the mess at MSU kind of go away.

I forgot about it. A sign of my impending dotage. Sorry about that.

No worries. It is funny when I tell people that I graduated from Cal they only think about ultra-liberal protests. I was a chemistry major. There were no protests in the College of Chemistry section of campus. We were all too busy working our asses off just trying to get by. Nobody had time to do anything else. Inorganic chemistry lab took 10-15 hours/week just in prep work and it was a 1 credit course.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT