ADVERTISEMENT

Seven Michigan State players charged with assault for brawl after Michigan game

That stupid effing dumpster fire - known as MSU - deserves everything they're getting. Their $95 million man is laughing his ass off

With that said, however, they need to do something with the tunnel situation. Multiple incidents over the last couple of years says Michigan is the common problem here

Are any of the suspended players starters?

As far as I know, all 8 are on the defensive side. Two of them had started every game this season, and 5 started at least one game.

Michigan State is in major disarray, no matter how you cut it. No wonder the betting line has jumped to 19.5.

Reactions: bison13
Good grief, 19.5. I think I'd actually lay that and not be too worried about it. In fact, thanks for the heads up. We'll see how NFL goes tomorrow.

The Spartan program continues its implosion. Mel Tucker's just glad he's already got the lucrative contract in hand. Hard to see these guys giving us much of a game on Saturday:

This may be a pretty good excuse to fire him for cause.

All they need to do is tie the actions of these players to him or something he said.

Force him to resign.

LdN

As far as I know, all 8 are on the defensive side. Two of them had started every game this season, and 5 started at least one game.

Michigan State is in major disarray, no matter how you cut it. No wonder the betting line has jumped to 19.5.
Want to bet that Clifford still manages to throw an interception in the game despite playing mainly against their second-string defense?

There is no way that anyone on our defense gets arrested for "intent to injure" any U of Michigan players during our game......we barely hit them.

JK. Our defense has really stepped up at Michigan.

Reactions: PSUCYCLING
Want to bet that Clifford still manages to throw an interception in the game despite playing mainly against their second-string defense?
Want to bet that Penn State will win by double digits, improve to 10-2, be ranked in the top 10, Clifford will extend his career passing records at Penn State and people will still trash him, the coaches and the program on this forum?

These guys have been suspended since the Michigan game, so nothing new. They actually seem to have been playing better with the guys suspended, Indiana meltdown last week notwithstanding. They should be bowl eligible now. We will see if they have any fight left to get bowl eligible. And btw, Clifford's int% is better than almost any QB in PSU history.

Reactions: Roar More and mcpat
These guys have been suspended since the Michigan game, so nothing new. They actually seem to have been playing better with the guys suspended, Indiana meltdown last week notwithstanding. They should be bowl eligible now. We will see if they have any fight left to get bowl eligible. And btw, Clifford's int% is better than almost any QB in PSU history.
Yeah but Indiana is awful

I realize those guys haven't played since the Michigan game...and that's an important point...but it's still a significant thing that charges were brought against so many guys for an incident like this. I'm trying to remember if there's any precedent for that. Can't think of one offhand.

In any case, to me it's the topper to a really disappointing season by Mel Tucker's team and speaks to a program in disarray. On the other hand, credit to Tucker that he took action right away. Maybe that had the ironic effect of making an impression on the other guys.

On paper, we should have no trouble at all with these guys Saturday. But as a betting proposition, I think I'm inclined to lay off the game. 19.5 points is a lot to give. I'll probably wish I did though.

Reactions: sss
We should intentionally go offsides on kickoffs and blast their returners.

Bielemastyle
That still pisses me off. Didn’t they do that three times? After the second time one of our guys should have gone offsides and destroyed their kicker. It wasn’t his fault but someone should have payed for their douchebaggery.

I realize those guys haven't played since the Michigan game...and that's an important point...but it's still a significant thing that charges were brought against so many guys for an incident like this. I'm trying to remember if there's any precedent for that. Can't think of one offhand.

In any case, to me it's the topper to a really disappointing season by Mel Tucker's team and speaks to a program in disarray. On the other hand, credit to Tucker that he took action right away. Maybe that had the ironic effect of making an impression on the other guys.

On paper, we should have no trouble at all with these guys Saturday. But as a betting proposition, I think I'm inclined to lay off the game. 19.5 points is a lot to give. I'll probably wish I did though.
Must say though.. shocking that NO Michigan player at all was at fault.. no disciplinary action.. Michigan players were 100% innocent…? Harbaugh is a POS..

Agree with everything you said. It seemed as some of these posts thought that most of these guys were starters and newly out.

Must say though.. shocking that NO Michigan player at all was at fault.. no disciplinary action.. Michigan players were 100% innocent…? Harbaugh is a POS..
From early reports I saw, Michigan guy(s) ran their mouths, and MSU followed up with action. Not sure you can be charged with running your mouth, though. This was investigated by UM police, so no surprise on the charges. I will be shocked if these aren't reduced to some much lesser charge. All these players will no longer be allowed to play at MSU because of ethics, but will be scooped up by Ole Miss, Bama, etc. if they are good players.

Reactions: Jerry

We do have a history of making pedestrian qbs look lime Heisman candidates...at least for a half. Thorne is capable and their receiver Reed is excellent.

Hoping we pull an LJs last game vs them and run it down their throats...then let Juice Scruggs score a late rushing td...not because we are unsportsmanlike asshats, but because we were just celebrating and rewarding his efforts at overcoming his injuries in our own "special way." With a big middle finger to Mark D'Antonio.

I'll be there...last time I saw MSU was the magical 2015 day when we won the Big 10 East.

Go State!

woke drones - stating that Clifford will through an interception against Michigan State makes NO JUDGEMENT about Clifford's abilities... it's simply an observation of the frequency odds of such an occurrence happening based on his past play. But those who wish non-judgemental acceptance are first to cast judgment and deride others - HYPOCRATS!

Reactions: bison13
Actually, MY called a very poor first half vs Rutgers and he needs to improve vs MSU.
Can’t necessarily agree as you don’t know what Clifford did is the reason that the play didn’t work. He missed open receivers and our team in tougher situations

woke drones - stating that Clifford will through an interception against Michigan State makes NO JUDGEMENT about Clifford's abilities... it's simply an observation of the frequency odds of such an occurrence happening based on his past play. But those who wish non-judgemental acceptance are first to cast judgment and deride others - HYPOCRATS!
Actually as pointed out above, it does not. He has one of the lowest int% of any QB that has played a full season or more at PSU. I am aware that facts are irrelevant to many -HIPPOCATS!

The Spartan program continues its implosion. Mel Tucker's just glad he's already got the lucrative contract in hand. Hard to see these guys giving us much of a game on Saturday:

I dunno, you can see the video -- that's an awful lot of charges for a 7 second scuffle. A couple of them were hitting the guy when he was on the ground and may have been kicking him. If it had happened during the game players would have been thrown out of the game but it wouldn't have been criminal charges.

I hope (and expect) PSU will come to play. They will be playing some young players with nothing to lose. They might play pretty well.

Some of his passes last week were so off target they couldn't even be intercepted.

;) :rolleyes:;):rolleyes:;):rolleyes:;):rolleyes:;):rolleyes:;)

Mostly just kidding..........
lol. I love Cliff but man when he has a bad stretch he can be really bad, can't-hit-the-wall-of-a-barn kind of bad. Wally Richardson was a really good QB who could be really bad on a bad day. Cliff at his best is very good, not great but very good. His difficulty being very good for 4 quarters has cost Penn State a lot of games over 5 years.

I dunno, you can see the video -- that's an awful lot of charges for a 7 second scuffle. A couple of them were hitting the guy when he was on the ground and may have been kicking him. If it had happened during the game players would have been thrown out of the game but it wouldn't have been criminal charges.

I'm guessing the prosecutor is a Michigan fan.

I'm guessing the prosecutor is a Michigan fan.
FWIW there is video of the incident. Somehow a Michigan player ended up all alone in a section of the tunnel filled with MSU players. HE might have said something to set it off but they lost control and pummeled him. It was 7 on 1. It was over in a few secs and the guy didn't look hurt -- I think felony assault is a bit much but it will be plea bargained down.

I am disgusted by what the "authorities" in that part of the country, and in the B1G Conference, would do to protect their darlings. Not that I am fond of Ohio State, but I'd like to see Michigan get thrashed today. Or how about a close game and then some nonsense call hands the game to OSU at the very end. That would work too.

For what the conference did in the Illinois game, and for what their players instigated in this brawl, they don't deserve a reward of any kind. It's sad that they will go ahead of PSU and get, at a minimum, the Rose Bowl.

• Haha
Reactions: LandoComando
Protecting the Big Two. There’s a big game coming up after all.

There is no one here. :(. Got here at 9:45 and parking and even RV lots are easily more than 50% empty.

What a miserable excuse for a Penn State fan you are !!

Clifford played an excellent game today, and made me look foolish and eat crow. You should have taken my bet IF you felt so strongly. That said... that is how one takes ownership of their mistakes,,, something certain HYPOCRITES never do. BTW, don't plan on ever stepping one foot back into that sorry state of Pennsylvania. Good luck with what you "voted" for...

Reactions: brupsu
ADVERTISEMENT