ADVERTISEMENT

Seton Hall - Marquette game was bizarre

Relayer

Jun 18, 2001
3 ejections, 8 technicals, 58 fouls and 85 FT's, all in regulation. Refs are getting hammered in the post game.

That had to be over 3 hours in length. The Hall hangs on 81-79 and will play Villanova later today.

Reactions: NovaPSULuvr
I hope Wojo was one who got T’d up and/or tossed. He’s not nearly as bad as his Puke mates Collins or Hurley (the all-time worst crybaby) but he’s definitely up there.

I hope Wojo was one who got T’d up and/or tossed. He’s not nearly as bad as his Puke mates Collins or Hurley (the all-time worst crybaby) but he’s definitely up there.

I thought SH got screwed on many of the calls. I give credit to Willard, he really kept his composure. I followed the game thread on their board and they were going nuts. I noticed they don't care for Wojo either.

3 ejections, 8 technicals, 58 fouls and 85 FT's, all in regulation. Refs are getting hammered in the post game.

That had to be over 3 hours in length. The Hall hangs on 81-79 and will play Villanova later today.

This is the last season I am getting season tix for Division I men’s college basketball after having tix for 10 years. There are two main reasons: 1) The refereeing of these games destroys the flow of the sport and makes it unwatchable, and 2) Programs like UNC are still allowed to field a team. I’m done with it.

Reactions: Ski
So strange. Howard shoots 1-15 (1-9 from 3) yet scores 21 points by hitting 18-24 at the stripe. [BTW, I thought the Marquette strategy late was brilliant... don't shoot 3's, just give it to Howard to drive and hope Seton Hall fouls, stopping the clock so Marq gets an ez 2 then set up the press... in short, my foul shooter beats yours... should have been money. oops.]

Amazing to see a kid with Howard's FT excellence go in the tank with it all on the, ummm, line. Had he been his usual self down the stretch, it's Marquette's game.

As a nova fan, I'm hoping the hall is a bit worn out from the emotional expenditure. :)

That was absolutely the worst officiating I have ever seen and it’s not close. A player got t’d up for skipping away from an official. I wish I was joking.

N&B, I doubt we will be tired since over half the team fouled out, sat from foul trouble, or were ejected.

Good luck. It should be a classic Big East battle with an electric crowd!

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Did not get a chance to see much of the game, but congrats to Villanova. I'll always root for Seton Hall in the tournament.

Is there a lot of resentment against Wojo and Marquette? The Hall board was killing him last night.

Did not get a chance to see much of the game, but congrats to Villanova. I'll always root for Seton Hall in the tournament.

Is there a lot of resentment against Wojo and Marquette? The Hall board was killing him last night.

I haven’t seen a lot of Marquette this year. What were they upset at Marquette/ Wojo for?

I haven’t seen a lot of Marquette this year. What were they upset at Marquette/ Wojo for?
That he's lost 9 times and hasn't been as successful as their last two coaches.

Not to mention that fans of about 325 D1 teams are complaining about their coaching and think they should be better than they are (and that might be pretty low).

Definitely some resentment at a few Marquette players and Wojo. The earlier games were very chippy and wojo comes off as the typical entitled Dukie. Although I personally don’t hate him.

Something happened in the handshake line between wojo and a SHU player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT