ADVERTISEMENT

Seth nevills

No..St8 was looking for attention and glad Mr K cleared it up.

No need for those kind of games or drama.
Sometimes looking for attention results in attention you don’t want. Like puttin a political bumper sticker on your car.

I have a suspicion that Str8 knows who is beating who in the room, if you get my drift? ;-)

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I enjoy that the program is so tight-lipped. It creates a mystique we can have fun with. And when a golden nugget of info does surface on occasion, it makes it that much more exciting because we know we won’t encounter another one for quite some time. Embrace the dearth!! 😉

"As of right now, he's not out for the season" implies that Kerk had something that wasn't just the flu that could be season ending but he's going to attempt to make it back. He also claimed Seth is going for Florida, which Mr. Kerkvliet has now said is false also. With a kid who has the health history of Kerk, that's not something you post as speculation. Candidly speaking, his posting history has a ton of really out there stories so I understand why posters aren't happy here.

"As of right now, he's not out for the season" implies that Kerk had something that wasn't just the flu that could be season ending but he's going to attempt to make it back. He also claimed Seth is going for Florida, which Mr. Kerkvliet has now said is false also. With a kid who has the health history of Kerk, that's not something you post as speculation. Candidly speaking, his posting history has a ton of really out there stories so I understand why posters aren't happy here.
Hang em high

alright the jig is up. Str8 is my alt account. sorry guys
giphy.gif

You all need to get a hobby lol. I like info on wrestling like most but if i get none, I’m going to be ok. I’ll see for myself when they wrestle. Sure its nice to know how the kids are doing, who’s in the drivers seat for what weight, but trust in the coaches for putting the best guy out there.

Reactions: PSUer1989
I got stomach flu on Saturday, it wiped me out for 2 days. The only thing I ate was a piece of toast and a cup of rice. I was still drained yesterday. I bowled last night and struggled immensely. If wrestler felt like I did , he would have trouble competing. It makes what Zain did against Sorensen quite impressive.
That's the opposite of my experience. I had Covid then pneumonia that pretty much wiped me out for all of November. I am pneumonia free, but have no energy, no lung capacity, and my body hurts from lack of movement. Just returned to bowl last week and had a season high 613.

Reactions: dunkej01
Yeah @js8793 is an objective poster. In the message board world, that's basically being a troll since he won't project every last wrestler as an eventual national champ, whether it's a Penn State or Iowa wrestler.
Mad respect to him for taking a beating over there. Breath of fresh air seeing a Hawk fan tell things like it is without a care in the world who he pisses off.

I disagree. The people that want to hear the speculation create the demand for those that push it out. We really have to right to know a lot of info that’s controlled.
SEC football coaches are generally a cautionary tale, not a how-to guide.

And less fodder? In the SEC?
Fodder, as in cheap or less reliable information that is posted on boards. It does make for some good entertainment.
I used the SEC Football as an example. I actually think it's just a different attitude in the South. More than once Saban has been asked about an injury or health situation and he actually will give some details. He also will speak on disappointment of performance of a player.
My best friend just moved to Myrtle Beach and said the radio/TV coverage of college and high school games the announcers are far more candid about players performance and informative on playing time than he ever heard up in the Lehigh Valley.
At football press conferences the only reporter that typically will dare to broach Coach Franklin on tough question is David Jones. I think it's more a regional issue.
Just my thought for what it's worth.

You all need to get a hobby lol. I like info on wrestling like most but if i get none, I’m going to be ok. I’ll see for myself when they wrestle. Sure its nice to know how the kids are doing, who’s in the drivers seat for what weight, but trust in the coaches for putting the best guy out there.
Ditto! None of us “need” to know anything except the schedule and how to watch it if we aren’t lucky enough to view in person. First and foremost, the wrestlers are college students with the same right to privacy as every other student on campus. None of them are obligated to tell us of knee, stomach or any other type of problem.

Reactions: Ja1339
Wrestling is my hobby….

;)

BTW, getting back to the original topic of this thread, Seth IS headed to Florida. He's now doing double duty, but he will be with the football team until after the bowl game.

Reactions: CholleyVandine
I just want to be clear about on-board expectations here: If we don't get definitive info from the coaches or wrestlers.....presenting rumor/hypothesis/innuendos as possible fact is desirable and acceptable as an alternative to actual fact? You WANT the TRUTH?? You can't handle........wait......just throw sh@t at the wall....we'll take it......we are starved for info :). Chill folks........the facts will always reveal themselves in due time. Sit on your hands and don't type until they do. This "Be first......don't worry about accuracy" is so "old-min-eo". Do better :)

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
I just want to be clear about on-board expectations here: If we don't get definitive info from the coaches or wrestlers.....presenting rumor/hypothesis/innuendos as possible fact is desirable and acceptable as an alternative to actual fact? You WANT the TRUTH?? You can't handle........wait......just throw sh@t at the wall....we'll take it......we are starved for info :). Chill folks........the facts will always reveal themselves in due time. Sit on your hands and don't type until they do. This "Be first......don't worry about accuracy" is so "old-min-eo". Do better :)
Speaking of rumor and fact, and to take this thread in yet another direction, does anyone know what REALLY happened with Evan Wick? Did our admissions department really deny him due to inability to transfer credits? Was Penn State his first choice or did he want to go to Cal Poly all along? Was Cael really pissed off about the situation and does he remain so? We could use a real insider with some real information on this. Anyone?

Speaking of rumor and fact, and to take this thread in yet another direction, does anyone know what REALLY happened with Evan Wick? Did our admissions department really deny him due to inability to transfer credits? Was Penn State his first choice or did he want to go to Cal Poly all along? Was Cael really pissed off about the situation and does he remain so? We could use a real insider with some real information on this. Anyone?
Everything I've gathered is Cael is still pissed over the Wick situation. Yes Penn State was his top choice

… does anyone know what REALLY happened with Evan Wick? Did our admissions department really deny him due to inability to transfer credits? …
Wick or his mom revealed that credits would not transfer, and the timing and circumstances implied that that’s why Wick did not come to PSU. Nobody mentioned the admissions department. I see no reason to point to the admissions department. I would assume the academic department.

Wick or his mom revealed that credits would not transfer, and the timing and circumstances implied that that’s why Wick did not come to PSU. Nobody mentioned the admissions department. I see no reason to point to the admissions department. I would assume the academic department.
Thanks for the reply. That is really effed up. Would love to hear legitimate reasons from the academic department to justify credits not transferring. Crazy. Wick seems to be the front runner at 165 at this point.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Everything I've gathered is Cael is still pissed over the Wick situation. Yes Penn State was his top choice
I've seen something along these lines posted several times in different threads. I just don't see Cael Sanderson as the type that holds on to something that upset him or didn't go his way. Seems to be the opposite of everything I've read about him and the way he coaches others in life.

Evan's mom basically said that's what happened in this tweet after CKLV

I imagine Cael remains very pissed at the situation. Evan literally would be the difference right now between us being behind vs ahead of Iowa seeing how he is #1 at 165. For a guy as competitive as Cael, I don't imagine he'll get over that unless we win the team race without Evan this year and if we don't, it'll be on his mind for a while. The main reason is once again, how a more selective school than Penn State (that's not in conference) managed to get him in and Penn State didn't.

Reactions: backdrft76
Kerk is training to use the “flying squirrel” and “flying RBY” moves! Gable won’t know what hit him!

Reactions: danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT