ADVERTISEMENT

Seth nevills

I'm there with ya'
image-01.jpg
I can attest that this is what 100 sit-ups a decade will do for you :)

Reactions: PASLP2
Interesting thread, my son got hit with the stomach flu and was throwing up during the Penn match. He went in the back to throw up half way through the dual, was ready to get on the mat if he was needed. He is feeling better today and focused on being 100% ready for Florida. I want to thank Paul for letting me know this discussion was happening.
Thank god. Best of luck to your son. Love to watch him wrestle - great leg attacks and movement.

people are saying Norovirus was going around. Nasty bug that - but an excellent weight loss accelerant 🤮

Ech was leaving Ohio State back in March . Nicky Suriano to ASU. Gilman to coach at Navy after Olympics. There are many others folks. Str8 needs to start prefacing his posts as guesses instead of insider info.

Reactions: pish69
Str8 has been awfully quite since Mr. K came whipping through here
Maybe he had info he thought was good and is embarrassed. The fact of the matter remains, Kerk hasn't wrestled. Maybe we will in fact see Seth in the near future for whatever reason. I'm taking a wait and see approach at this point. This forum already ran off 1 insider. And with the fact we don't get any info from our Coaches, we take whatever we can get.

Reactions: mcpat
I got stomach flu on Saturday, it wiped me out for 2 days. The only thing I ate was a piece of toast and a cup of rice. I was still drained yesterday. I bowled last night and struggled immensely. If wrestler felt like I did , he would have trouble competing. It makes what Zain did against Sorensen quite impressive.

I posted this somewhere else but got no response. In the post match interview, RBY said he couldn't wrestle on Friday because he was "contact traced". This definitely suggests Covid. Again, with no intent at all to get political, I really hope all the coaches, kids and people involved in the program get fully vaccinated so that the odds of some fiasco happening in March and kids being unable to wrestle in the tournament are greatly reduced.
The unfortunate part is that even if vaxed they could face a fiasco in March, we are seeing it in the nfl and nba. In the nfl if you test positive and are fully vaxed you need 2 consecutive days of negative tests. Like you stated this isn’t political it is just the reality of the world we live in now. If I’m a betting man which i am, there will be a few wrestlers out of the ncaa due to either being contact traced or having COVID

The unfortunate part is that even if vaxed they could face a fiasco in March, we are seeing it in the nfl and nba. In the nfl if you test positive and are fully vaxed you need 2 consecutive days of negative tests. Like you stated this isn’t political it is just the reality of the world we live in now. If I’m a betting man which i am, there will be a few wrestlers out of the ncaa due to either being contact traced or having COVID
True, but that’s why I said the odds of that happening would be greatly reduced, not 0%.

Maybe he had info he thought was good and is embarrassed. The fact of the matter remains, Kerk hasn't wrestled. Maybe we will in fact see Seth in the near future for whatever reason. I'm taking a wait and see approach at this point. This forum already ran off 1 insider. And with the fact we don't get any info from our Coaches, we take whatever we can get.
The other fact of the matter is: it's well known on here that both Mr. Brooks and Mr. Kerkvliet post here. Questions could've been asked instead of statements made.

Also maybe he just likes attention, frequently posts things that aren’t true, and counts on guys like you to shield him from the healthy dose of skepticism every one of his posts deserves.

The other fact of the matter is: it's well known on here that both Mr. Brooks and Mr. Kerkvliet post here. Questions could've been asked instead of statements made.
True. However had the OP merely asked questions, I'd venture a guess that this thread would not have gotten the attention that it got and we likely would not have received the response that we got.

Based on the history of our Coaches rarely if ever giving out info, I'll take whatever info I can get. The lack of information leads to constant speculation and rumors around here.

Also, I think it's too bad a family member had to come on here specifically just to state the facts.

Last edited:
No..St8 was looking for attention and glad Mr K cleared it up. Str8 was asked by someone in this thread if Greg was out for year and Str8 response was “not at this time.” Which makes it sound like there is something that could be season ending. A stomach flu is far from season ending.

No need for those kind of games or drama.

You’re not a glass half full guy, are you?

I have mixed emotions on the "behind the scene" storylines that are posted. The secrecy created by PSU wrestling and football coaches refusing to share information on athletes creates some of the issue. I know the University policy is about the athletes privacy. I guess the SEC football coaches don't have same guidelines. They are far more forthcoming about injuries and illness. By the coaches not speaking on issues it just creates the fodder that we read. It is refreshing to see a few parents post to clarify some of the unknown.

I have no problem with somebody sharing insider info as we all would love to be "in the know". What my issue is that he alludes to a possible season ending issue, offers no specifics as to what it might be, send the board into a tizzy and then ridicules someone who asked a simple question. Love insiders but we do not need that s***here.

True. However had the OP merely asked questions, I'd venture a guess that this thread would not have gotten the attention that it got and we likely would not have received the response that we got.

Based on the history of our Coaches rarely if ever giving out info, I'll take whatever info I can get. The lack of information leads to constant speculation and rumors around here.

Also, I think it's too bad a family member had to come on here specifically just to state the facts.
Whatever info we can get? No.

First, it wasn't real or even plausible. (On Friday Kerk pushed the coaches to let him wrestle; on Sunday he might be out for the year?)

Second, nobody here has a Need to Know, no matter how entitled the board might feel.

I have mixed emotions on the "behind the scene" storylines that are posted. The secrecy created by PSU wrestling and football coaches refusing to share information on athletes creates some of the issue. I know the University policy is about the athletes privacy. I guess the SEC football coaches don't have same guidelines. They are far more forthcoming about injuries and illness. By the coaches not speaking on issues it just creates the fodder that we read. It is refreshing to see a few parents post to clarify some of the unknown.
SEC football coaches are generally a cautionary tale, not a how-to guide.

And less fodder? In the SEC?

Ech was leaving Ohio State back in March . Nicky Suriano to ASU. Gilman to coach at Navy after Olympics. There are many others folks. Str8 needs to start prefacing his posts as guesses instead of insider info.
Is ech wrestling for Ohio State now? Gilman fell in love with happy vallst (who doesn't). Suriono to ASU is funny because even "the trusted reporters" as you called them said the same thing.

Reactions: hlstone
Whatever info we can get? No.

First, it wasn't real or even plausible. (On Friday Kerk pushed the coaches to let him wrestle; on Sunday he might be out for the year?)

Second, nobody here has a Need to Know, no matter how entitled the board might feel.
Nobody said he's out for the year. I said nevills was ready to fill in.

Reactions: hlstone and Maddog
No..St8 was looking for attention and glad Mr K cleared it up. Str8 was asked by someone in this thread if Greg was out for year and Str8 response was “not at this time.” Which makes it sound like there is something that could be season ending. A stomach flu is far from season ending.

No need for those kind of games or drama.
Clearly stated "not at this time". Means not season ending.

Reactions: hlstone
Clearly stated "not at this time". Means not season ending.
You played word games about a kids health. Throughout the whole thread your posts imply something’s wrong with Kerk and Seth is ready to fill in.
If you wanted to share something, you could have said “Kerk battling stomach flu, hopefully he ready by Florida, if not Seth is ready to fill in”.

Is ech wrestling for Ohio State now? Gilman fell in love with happy vallst (who doesn't). Suriono to ASU is funny because even "the trusted reporters" as you called them said the same thing.
Ech did not leave Ohio St. He got in some major trouble this fall as everyone knows and that was after he lost a wrestle-off for the starting spot. Suriano, yes was a possibility to ASU, but every wrestling media person said they had no idea where he would land and simply said that at least 4 different schools made sense. This time you alluded to a major setback for Kerk, were wrong to the point the athlete's dad had to come on and clear things up. Just eat some humble pie,say sorry for possibly alluding to something more serious and causing the board to panic and then we can move along.

I disagree. The people that want to hear the speculation create the demand for those that push it out. We really have to right to know a lot of info that’s controlled.

… Str8 was asked by someone in this thread if Greg was out for year and Str8 response was “not at this time.” Which makes it sound like …
At this time, Str8 has not yet admitted that he is a secret Hawkeye fan acting as a double agent. ;) :) So far.

• Haha
Reactions: Str8DBLz
Interesting thread, my son got hit with the stomach flu and was throwing up during the Penn match. He went in the back to throw up half way through the dual, was ready to get on the mat if he was needed. He is feeling better today and focused on being 100% ready for Florida. I want to thank Paul for letting me know this discussion was happening.
Thank you for clearing this up DGSWI, sorry you felt the need too,and reveal yourself, but at least you had the balls too, unlike some here who just post BS and hide behind keyboard.

GODSPEED to your son!

Nice try but you said Ech was leaving last March. You were wrong about Gilman and you were wrong about NS. Btw, who are my trusted sources anyway? Never recalled sharing those to anyone here.

My take on the inside knowledge of current insiders: Nobody knew who Tony Negron was until Sunday.

I personally like being surprised. Tony Negron was the highlight of the match for me. People need to relax and enjoy the journey. We have 6 guys, who if they remain healthy, will do heavy damage the 3rd week of March. It's enjoyable to have a few underdog types.
I'm looking no further than 2 weeks out. RBY vs Vito is the match of the year for me (before March). I don't care what the hell Iowa is doing right now. I don't care who Hildebrandt is wrestling with right now. This is enjoyable, not a cause for anxiety. I'll get anxious when, and only when, 5 of our guys (my prediction), are towing the line the 3rd Saturday night in March.

Come on….Sure we’d all like more info from the coaches. But if Kerk was your son, what additional info would you suggest the coaches should have shared?

Reactions: PSUer1989
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT