ADVERTISEMENT

Seth nevills

Any concern with Kerk? I wouldn't mind if he took a month off from wrestling and just ate and lifted if he's under 230 pounds (possible if he's flu struck and weighed in at 231 for Army.

Any concern with Kerk? I wouldn't mind if he took a month off from wrestling and just ate and lifted if he's under 230 pounds (possible if he's flu struck and weighed in at 231 for Army.
If it’s just the flu, no concern on my part. If it’s something else…who knows?

I just thought it was interesting Str8Dblz said he'll be ready for Florida ...

So Kerk has 3 matches, 3 bonuses including teching Gas Tank Gary. He was sacked with the flu against Penn but apparently pushed to wrestle anyways on Friday, doesn't weigh in on Sunday and now he's out for December?

Reactions: Jplions4
So Kerk has 3 matches, 3 bonuses including teching Gas Tank Gary. He was sacked with the flu against Penn but apparently pushed to wrestle anyways on Friday, doesn't weigh in on Sunday and now he's out for December?
Yeah you dont know.. LoL he was NOT wrestling Friday.

Gotta love people who drop hints/rumors, etc and then will not elaborate. If you are not allowed to say then do not drop the hints bc when you do all you are saying is "I know something you don't know and I'm not going to tell you".

If Kerk really is out for some period time, I think we’ll do okay with Beard too.

Gotta love people who drop hints/rumors, etc and then will not elaborate. If you are not allowed to say then do not drop the hints bc when you do all you are saying is "I know something you don't know and I'm not going to tell you".
What’s that saying about never biting the hand that feeds you? The last thing this board needs is another poster getting chased away after he/she was willing to share a bit of insider info. with the community. Considering how “locked down” things are around here (and the program in general), we should be thankful for every free tidbit we get. I know I sure am!

Kerk just can't shake the bug man. Be it injuries or getting sick. I hope he's okay because he's clearly incredibly talented.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Beard would have given up 70lbs to Jordan wood. NO way I'd make that call. Mason Manville would have taken that match tho.
True, but a lot of HWTs are 230ish and I like Beard against a lot of them until Seth is ready or Kerk is back.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Kerk just can't shake the bug man. Be it injuries or getting sick. I hope he's okay because he's clearly incredibly talented.
The FLU doesn't keep all 3 Heavys from competing at the same time "usually".

This is a very complicated case.

You know, a lotta ins, a lotta outs, a lotta what-have-yous. And, uh, a lotta strands to keep in my head, man. Lotta strands in old Duder’s head.

I'm ready for Florida right now as well.....
I'm there with ya'
image-01.jpg

The FLU doesn't keep all 3 Heavys from competing at the same time "usually".

If that's who you are rolling around in the room with, I don't see it as unusual by any means. With the Flu as with other contagions, one can be infectious days before being symptomatic. Back when I wrestled I certainly sweat and breathed all over my training mates. Sure the spreader so to speak is days ahead of the others in the cycle, but I can definitely see the flu knocking out whole weight classes pretty easily.

This is absolutely brutal. Kerk just can't seem to stay healthy. He is starting to give the impression of an immensely talented guy who never reaches his potential because he can't stay on the mat. Damn it.

But Covid might.
I posted this somewhere else but got no response. In the post match interview, RBY said he couldn't wrestle on Friday because he was "contact traced". This definitely suggests Covid. Again, with no intent at all to get political, I really hope all the coaches, kids and people involved in the program get fully vaccinated so that the odds of some fiasco happening in March and kids being unable to wrestle in the tournament are greatly reduced.

This is absolutely brutal. Kerk just can't seem to stay healthy. He is starting to give the impression of an immensely talented guy who never reaches his potential because he can't stay on the mat. Damn it.
Interesting thread, my son got hit with the stomach flu and was throwing up during the Penn match. He went in the back to throw up half way through the dual, was ready to get on the mat if he was needed. He is feeling better today and focused on being 100% ready for Florida. I want to thank Paul for letting me know this discussion was happening.

Interesting thread, my son got hit with the stomach flu and was throwing up during the Penn match. He went in the back to throw up half way through the dual, was ready to get on the mat if he was needed. He is feeling better today and focused on being 100% ready for Florida. I want to thank Paul for letting me know this discussion was happening.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Thanks for the insider info
;-)

What’s that saying about never biting the hand that feeds you? The last thing this board needs is another poster getting chased away after he/she was willing to share a bit of insider info. with the community. Considering how “locked down” things are around here (and the program in general), we should be thankful for every free tidbit we get. I know I sure am!
This is why certain “inside” information is better off not being reported at all.

Great news! Thanks so much for posting. Very relieved to hear this news!!!

Reactions: danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT