ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Session 3 - 2022 NCAA Championships Results and Discussion thread

125 Consolation Rd 2
16 D Hildebrandt vs 15 B Teske

Heavy hands and fakes early. No score after a minute. BD gets in on a low single and finishes quickly. 2-0 Teske. Flattens DH. OOB. 1:19 to go. DH to his feet, switches, close to reversal but gets escape instead. 2-1. 35 secs riding. DH close to scoring on a snap down go behind. Gives ankle somewhat easily again and it’s 4-1 Teske after one. 1:00 RT.

DH on bottom. Out in 5 secs. 4-2 Teske. 1:05 RT. DH in on low single but stalemated. Kind of stopped once he got in. Double leg and finish by DH and its 4-4 now. Riding time under a minute. Teske escapes and its 5-4 Teske. 37 secs riding adv for Teske.

Teske takes bottom. DH gets a mat return but then Teske escapes. 6-4 Teske. 1:32 to go. RT not a factor. DH wasting a bit too much time underneath and then it’s finally stalemated. DH aggressive and Teske full stall mode. Gets warned but too late. Late TD Teske. 8-4 is your final. Hildebrandt eliminated.
Ironic given where Teske started out. Someday, we‘ll get 125 figured out.

Micic seemed to think he was super awesome in that match. Riddler spanks him if he was healthy imo.

Reactions: Ski
157 lbs Consi Round 3
16 B Berge vs 10 P Robb

Robb gets behind Berge and takes him to the mat, 2-0 Robb. Berge escapes after a restart. 2-1 Robb. Robb gets in deep and they go OOB as Robb stages his feet trying to keep them in bounds for the TD. Nebraska challenges no TD. They award the TD. 4-1 now with 49 secs to go. Berge escapes. 4-2. Berge takes a shot and Robb goes heavy on a front headlock. Berge shoots again but nothing. 4-2 Robb after one.

Robb chooses bottom and escapes immediately. 5-2 Robb. 13 secs RT for Robb. Berge getting pushed around a bit. Robb in deep again but Berge fights this one off. 5-2 after two. Robb leads.

Berge chooses bottom. Sits out and then Robb gets a leg in on him. Berge escapes shortly after. 5-3 Robb. 34 secs RT. Berge in on a deep shot but Robb gets a danger TD. Official review. 1:02 to wrestle. The TD stands. 7-3. Hard mat return by Robb. Berge stalemates trying to get to leg from bottom. 27 secs. Berge loses 8-3 after riding point. Berge’s tournament is over.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: creamery freak
You rang?
032316d9-dfb6-48e8-8372-552a8bbb7567_text.gif

Overall, I love the way we are wrestling. Still, a lot of fortunate breaks have gone Michigan’s way. Is this whole thing gonna come down to the AB-Amine rubber match? Wow.

Suriano as well. Between injuries and departing wrestlers, 125 is quite odd considering all the success Cael has had with the other 9 weights.
Suriano really F*cked us! We could have gotten Spencer Lee the following year but he wasn't going to commit with Suriano on the roster and then he transfers on us because of his D-Bag father. Imagine if we had Suriano for 4 years? Things are looking up. If Robbie shoulder is fully healed, he will be an AA for us.

Really feel for Berge. There are definitely worst things in life that he will go through, but the past few years he has had his share of misfortunes. A concussion ruins his tournament overseas, a significant knee injury costs him at NCAAs. Due to these injuries he chooses to retire, yet the fire continued to burn and he comes back. Battled up at 65 and then makes the cut to 57. Ends up taking 3rd at BIGs and then a horrible seed in Detroit. He took everything in stride and left it on the mat. If that was the last time I get to watch Brady compete, it was most definitely enjoyable. I wish him the best in his future endeavors and know that he will be successful in whatever he chooses to do. Thank you Brady Berge!

The amount of things that have opened up for Michigan to have a shot at this is incredible.
Yeah, but they will still have to wrestle and capitalize on them to stay in it. Easier said than done. Just ask tOSU.

And if they do get themselves in a position where they are neck and neck with us tomorrow., they are still going to have to win a bunch of H-T-Hs against us to win it. Matches like Starocci-Massa, Amine-Brooks, Parris-Kerk. It would be unfortunate, but if we stumbled in a couple of semis it could end up Dean-Brucki and (unlikely) RBY-Ragusin.

Have to tell you, I would like us to go 5-0 in those matchups.

The Brucki loss is big! Lots of lost potential points there and Michigan finally losses a guy from the tourney.
You know in Monopoly when a player is losing and quits and gives all its money to another player so they have a chance to beat the person that is winning... That's what it feels like Iowa did.

The Brucki loss is big! Lots of lost potential points there and Michigan finally losses a guy from the tourney.
You know in Monopoly when a player is losing and quits and gives all its money to another player so they have a chance to beat the person that is winning... That's what it feels like Iowa did.
I'm not an Eireman fan, but I don't think that is remotely fair to him.

I’ll bet all the Iowa fellas became huge Michigan fans today. Good. I want them to feel the pain of losing not once but twice this weekend. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT