ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Session 3 - 2022 NCAA Championships Results and Discussion thread

Not even you could predict this ......lololo...hahaha....lololol..hahahah....lolol
Lol. That’s true. I think the two I took the biggest beatings on was Kem no better than 4th this year and Iowa having 0 to 1 champs (was leaning 0) because of Spencer not being healthy enough to beat one of the two best other guys at the weight this year in the finals. Lol

Edit. Oh wait. The biggest beating came from me saying Assad isn’t very good. Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw and Ski
What?!? Have you not watched him all year? Even if he doesn’t get those calls, he gutted out wins all year. Writing him off is a foolish, foolish thing.
No one is writing off Dean. Some are noting that he has been fortunate in two key officiating calls (or non-calls).

Reactions: goldenanimal
Tough, tough wrestling matches. It doesn’t matter what your seed is. Some great semi’s tonight and might even better than some final matches. Hope Kerk throws caution to the wind tonight. Who cares if he gets pinned? Go for it. Make Zeus sweat! PSU typically thrives in the semi and final RD. Guys look pretty rested...

Has there ever been a B1G champion who has disappointed at nationals more than Marinelli? What is he 4x B1G Champ and never made it Friday night? Crapping the bed is a complimentI really thought that this was going to be his year.

I’m kinda feeling it for Hawkeyes as old age and injuries just did them in this year.

Whereas the Michigan 7th yr seniors are still doing pretty good.

I figure MI wins at 125 and 184 tonight but that's it. If PSU pulls off 5 finalists this will be over.

I missed the Cass match and the Parris match while watching KERK. Is there any where to watch a reply? Thanks in advance.

No one is writing off Dean. Some are noting that he has been fortunate in two key officiating calls (or non-calls).
No no, the guy said that he felt Dean should be 1-2. Which is categorically false cause he’s not in the match with Deprez if he takes the first loss.

Kerk has beaten Parris a couple times now. And failed to do so against Cass. Parris has beaten Cass. I think this plays well for Kerk. Even if temporarily bad for the team score.

Of course Kerk could just go beat Gable and end this talk...
"Of course Kerk could just go beat Gable and end this talk"

Wouldn't that make a storybook ending. Gable 1st loss by Cassar and his final loss a few yrs later by Kerk. PSU Bookends.

Lol. That’s true. I think the two I took the biggest beatings on was Kem no better than 4th this year and Iowa having 0 to 1 champs (was leaning 0) because of Spencer not being healthy enough to beat one of the two best other guys at the weight this year in the finals. Lol

Edit. Oh wait. The biggest beating came from me saying Assad isn’t very good. Lol
don’t know what you’re talking about. he’s set up nicely for an undefeated 2023 season if you ask me.

Just glanced at the updated brackets on Track. It looks as though the only ones with chalk to the semis are 25 and 74. All others have been crashed.

I figure MI wins at 125 and 184 tonight but that's it. If PSU pulls off 5 finalists this will be over.
Not quite that simple. Lewan/Monday at 157, Amine/OToole, and Massa/Lewis all figure to be close bouts. And any UM wrestler that may lose in the semis is likely to make some hay in the consolation bracket.

Reactions: tomsc

Wouldn't that make a storybook ending. Gable 1st loss by Cassar and his final loss a few yrs later by Kerk. PSU Bookends.

Reactions: creamery freak
Had you told me before this year that Eierman and Micic would wrestle on Friday, I would have assumed a Friday night semifinal for the chance to wrestle Nick Lee in the finals.

Berge on deck mat 8

Right after Eierman vs Micic

It would be helpful if Eierman can beat Micic here.
Rut-roh, Eierman hurt, and trailing 4-1. That could be bad, on a couple levels.

I’d write a book.
Had you told me before this year that Eierman and Micic would wrestle on Friday, I would have assumed a Friday night semifinal for the chance to wrestle Nick Lee in the finals.
Eierman looking like a potential MFF to Micic. These guys can go to buffet at 4PM together.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT