ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Session 3 - 2022 NCAA Championships Results and Discussion thread

That was a funky pin. Really appreciate watching N Lee this tournament. Next match is deciding the champ!

Rivera is about to go down. Mathews up 6-3 over Rivera with RT coming unless something odd happens
No Eierman or Rivera will be in the finals

Freaking Willits seems like he is looking to take a knee everything he is in a scramble. Glad Nick used that against him. New move called the Nick Lee.

For my frazzled brain. There are a few Michigan Vs Iowa bouts upcoming

who do we want to win those ? Higher seed, no matter school. ? Or Iowa due to Michigan at our heels ?

That was a funky pin. Really appreciate watching N Lee this tournament. Next match is deciding the champ!
Shades of the Nolf-Martinez match, pinning off the ankle pass -- and look who's coaching Willits.

Since no PSU guys for a minute or so. Other matches of interest:
Micic coming up on Mat 1
Artalona vs Gomez on Mat 3

Terrible stall calls against C Mathews made it exciting at the end vs Seabass.

For my frazzled brain. There are a few Michigan Vs Iowa bouts upcoming

who do we want to win those ? Higher seed, no matter school. ? Or Iowa due to Michigan at our heels ?
Maybe split? :). With Iowa’s injuries and Micic’s draw, I’m more worried about Michigan right now.

Freaking Willits seems like he is looking to take a knee everything he is in a scramble. Glad Nick used that against him. New move called the Nick Lee.
Yeah, right, if he's going to grab your knee over and over, just flip him and pin him with your knee. Badda bing badda boom. That's my new favorite move since Bo flipped and pinned MyMar.

125 Consolation Rd 2
16 D Hildebrandt vs 15 B Teske

Heavy hands and fakes early. No score after a minute. BD gets in on a low single and finishes quickly. 2-0 Teske. Flattens DH. OOB. 1:19 to go. DH to his feet, switches, close to reversal but gets escape instead. 2-1. 35 secs riding. DH close to scoring on a snap down go behind. Gives ankle somewhat easily again and it’s 4-1 Teske after one. 1:00 RT.

DH on bottom. Out in 5 secs. 4-2 Teske. 1:05 RT. DH in on low single but stalemated. Kind of stopped once he got in. Double leg and finish by DH and its 4-4 now. Riding time under a minute. Teske escapes and its 5-4 Teske. 37 secs riding adv for Teske.

Teske takes bottom. DH gets a mat return but then Teske escapes. 6-4 Teske. 1:32 to go. RT not a factor. DH wasting a bit too much time underneath and then it’s finally stalemated. DH aggressive and Teske full stall mode. Gets warned but too late. Late TD Teske. 8-4 is your final. Hildebrandt eliminated.
Penn State's best 125 pound performance since Nico was Robby Howard last year. I am looking forward to a healthy Robbie wrestling next year.

That said, thanks Drew. Without Hildebrandt this year we don't win the Iowa dual.

Penn State's best 125 pound performance since Nico was Robby Howard last year. I am looking forward to a healthy Robbie wrestling next year.

That said, thanks Drew. Without Hildebrandt this year we don't win the Iowa dual.
The most disappointing this is going to be seeing Suriano win after Teske eliminated Hildebrandt. Just part of the 125 curse I guess.

I do appreciate what Hildebrandt did for the program, though, even though the tournaments didn't turn out like we would have liked.

Reactions: ccdiver
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT