ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Session 3 - 2022 NCAA Championships Results and Discussion thread

I don't understand why you don't just cut the guy at 30s and take him down again. Trying to ride an NCAA quarterfinalist out is never an easy prospect.
I'm a big fan of having a buffer there, he could have cut him w/ 40 seconds left actually.

RBY vs Courtney:

What a match for RBY! Looked great as always on his feet, quick shots and finishes. Rode well racking up over 2 minutes of ride time. Stayed on his offense throughout the match but gives up the bonus late unfortunately. Stay the course and get the next one. Will see Desanto tonight who majored Myers from VTech.

RBY vs Courtney:

What a match for RBY! Looked great as always on his feet, quick shots and finishes. Rode well racking up over 2 minutes of ride time. Stayed on his offense throughout the match and gets bonus with the major. Will see Desanto tonight who majored Myers from VTech.
No major. No bonus.

RBY vs Courtney:

What a match for RBY! Looked great as always on his feet, quick shots and finishes. Rode well racking up over 2 minutes of ride time. Stayed on his offense throughout the match but gives up the bonus late unfortunately. Stay the course and get the next one. Will see Desanto tonight who majored Myers from VTech.
Shhh. Everybody’s b*tching about a bonus point. No time for your positivity :p

• Haha
Reactions: backdrft76
I appreciate looking for the fall, but you have to be smarter there and just ride it out for the major. Fourth match already that PSU has won by 7 or 14 points.
Nolf. Bo. dT, Ruth. Zaine. Just had that killer mentality to do it. Maybe it wasn’t just coaching. And their drive to get bonus. Don’t know

141 lb Quarterfinal
1 N Lee vs 8 G Willits (ORST)

Nick Lee tries to behind but Willits shows good quickness in now giving it up. Willits wearing ORST uniform but size wise looks like an OKST wrestler. Nick gets behind and brings him to the mat. Close to back points too. 2-0 NLee. Nick punishing on top. Has Willits flat and really working him. 2-0 after one. 1:18 RT.

NLee takes bottom. Out in 7 secs. Sweet set up to single leg. Gets finish and the fall! Willits fought it too long and got stuck instead of giving it up! 2 big bonus points from the axe man!

Lee vs Willits

HUGE! Not gonna lie, was scared in that scramble with both guys having their knees in awkward positions, but Lee comes out of it with a fall. I won't have to edit this post, Nick Lee with big bonus points!

I appreciate looking for the fall, but you have to be smarter there and just ride it out for the major. Fourth match already that PSU has won by 7 or 14 points.
Situational awareness late in matches has been baffling at both B1Gs and NCAAs. Maybe we need to borrow one of The Brands Bros to hop up and down and yell instructions in the last 30 seconds...

TeamPointsMaximum
Potential
(Rd of 12)
Team Standings
Penn State
43.5​
218.5​
6​
2​
3​
Arizona State
36​
187​
5​
2​
2​
Michigan
30​
233.5​
7​
1​
2​
1​
Iowa
28.5​
237​
6​
1​
4​
North Carolina State
22​
262.5​
4​
6​
1​
Cornell
21​
207​
2​
1​
6​
Oklahoma State
20​
157​
2​
1​
5​

Seabass is in a bit of trouble, if Matthews has a gas tank he might be done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT