ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Session 3 - 2022 NCAA Championships Results and Discussion thread

Welp, as I was typing my last post, I watched Drew's match vs Teske. I give Drew all the credit for coming back to give himself one last shot, and PSU a guy with capabilities of scoring some points ( no disrespect to the other 25ers on the roster ).

who would have thought we would get 1/2 point at 125. Damn. I bet he was hurt

Disappointing end of the season for Drew. For whatever reason, he was not the same wrestler he seemed to be in january unfortunately.
It's impossible to watch his last 6 matches and not think something isn't right. He went from being a wrestler Suriano didn't come close to taking down to one who is unable to protect his legs. The 125 mystery is at 6 years and counting.

It's impossible to watch his last 6 matches and not think something isn't right. He went from being a wrestler Suriano didn't come close to taking down to one who is unable to protect his legs. The 125 mystery is at 6 years and counting.
It's amazing to me that our Coaches can't figure out a fix for 125. Just goes to show it must be really hard to do.

I think it’s the ESPN tv coverage. I was watching yesterday, they were showing mats with long reviews going on, instead of flipping to a mat that had wrestling. Then when Gable was wrestling they had a 60 second story about Shane and Stanford wrestling, then went to commercial.
The biggest draw in the sport and didn’t even show his full match.

It's been terrible for all the reasons you said. Less focus on actual wrestling. Also, the matches they are choosing to feature don't make sense half the time.

And PLEASE, stop f*cking chasing wrestlers down as they come off the mat for an interview. My God, Kessenich can't even get them to stop to talk, let alone trying to talk to them while they are sucking wind. It's ridiculous!

133 lb Quarterfinal
1 RBY vs 25 B Courtney (UVA)

RBY easily gets to legs and finishes a double early. 2-0 in 10 secs. Riding now. OOB. 2:20 to go. Riding again. OOB when it looked like RBY has a mat return that might have put BC in trouble. Something being challenged? Not sure what; RBY was just riding center mat. Must be locked hands or something of the sort. RT is at 1:29. 1:24 to go in 1st. This is ridiculous. Make a call. OMG. Still no decision. Remains 2-0 after a 30 min review. And BC gets right out on the restart. 2-1. RBau shoots and after a long scramble they finish OOB. RBau couldn’t finish in bounds. 2-1 after one. 1:30 RT.

RBY on bottom. Gets quick reversal. 4-1. Cuts him. 4-2. Another slick shot and quick finish. 6-2. RT goes over 2 mins. Seems to be wearing him down now. Cuts him. 6-3. Late TD to back but not enough for back points. 8-3 after two.

BC on bottom. Cuts him but gets out of position and BC in on deep single that Houdini stalemates. TD RBY 10-5. Cuts him. Another TD and it’s 12-5 with riding time secured. 30 secs to go. RBY gives an escape he didn’t want to give and tries to finish late TD in time. Official review. Is it a MD or not? It is not. 13-6 final.

Last edited:
Always said it's like Saban with a kicker. Everything works out but this one thing that just never works out.

Waiting for the next quarters to start takes longer than the two weeks between big tens and ncaa's. Idk, maybe it's just because I'm at work.

Last edited:
2 things....

1. They are holding the Quarterfinals until the weight is done. So all 133 matches waited until the last 125 was done, and a commercial break, of course.
2. How in the hell do they not feature either RBY or Fix on the broadcast?

Reactions: lions#1
I've said this repeatedly, but I'll do it again:

If you follow our RS guys on social media (RH, SVN), they are both very much healthy and have been at practice the entire year. I expect RH to be an AA next year.

Good try RBY
Let’s f’’n go lee. Get a tf or pin
Damn this will be tight with Michigan and asu

walk me off the leg Jtown

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Ragusin loses 7-8 to McGee. Heck of a match.

RBY with a 13-6 Dec. Freaking bonus slipped away in the last 6 seconds. Ugh. He dominated though.

ADVERTISEMENT